Chapter 269 : Shimen Yihshyong
146 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The policeman nodded. "The prospective cast will not be tested inside the room, but directly on the field. He said that he was told to play someone who will take the ransom. There are hidden cameras and microphones that will record this scene. In addition, there is also a director disguised as a visitor in this park."

The policeman's explanation sounded a little strange to Yihshyong's ears. But he realized that anything is possible. He must not rule out strange things just because he thinks they are unreasonable.

"I think if he's an actor, as he says." Jinqkang nodded quickly. "His acting is quite convincing. Maybe he deserves the role."

Yihshyong took a deep breath. "If he thinks this is just a casting, then why did he run away? Was it really in the script he was holding? Does the character he plays have to run away?"

The policeman nodded. "I understand it is suspicious. He said he was starting to get suspicious when you didn't follow the proper script. The words that you say are not in accordance with the words that his co-star should say. Then you also looked left and right as if you were waiting for something. He was worried that he had been framed. He thought that this was not a casting, but a real kidnapping. When he heard the popping sound earlier, he panicked. He thought the police were trying to shoot him. Moreover, he saw that you immediately lay down. At that moment, he was sure that he had been framed. So he tried to run away."

"Is there a chance he's lying?" Jinqkang asked.

"As we have said, we will scrutinize that person's background. He had already given us the phone number of the agent who represented him in the film business. In the meantime, we will take him to the police station."

"What is their purpose by putting on a play like this?" Jinqkang looked straight at the policeman.

"I think this is just a way for the kidnappers to test whether the gentlemen are indeed following their instructions. Most likely, after this, they will contact you again," said the policeman.

"So, in your opinion, we should head home now?" Yihshyong asked.

"Right, Sir! That's the best move. Do you want us to take you home?"

"No need, thank you," said Yihshyong. "We have a vehicle to go home."

"Alright then, Sir. We're going back to base."

The police then left the three of them.

Yihshyong was still sitting there pensively. There were still many things stuck in his mind.

Jinqkang patted Yihshyong's shoulder. "Mr. Shimen, how about we go home now, Sir?"

Yihshyong took a deep breath. "I'm still not sure."

"About what, Sir?" Jinqkang asked.

"What's in it for the criminals to put on a show like this?"

"Like the policeman said earlier, maybe all of this is just to test us. Also to test whether the police are really ready to arrest them," Jinqkang said.

"So this meeting is just a game designed by the kidnappers?" Iren shook his head.

"Yes," said Yihshyong curtly.

"But there are still things I don't understand," said Iren. "What is the actual chronology of tonight's events?"

"I'm not in the mood to explain right now," Yihshyong said. "If you want to know more clearly, please ask Jinqkang."

Iren turned his face towards Jinqkang. "Okay! Later I will ask Jinqkang to explain in detail. Now, what are we waiting for?"

0