Chapter 270 : Shimen Yihshyong
134 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yihshyong looked alternately at the two people sitting with him on the stone bench. The two of them looked back at Yihshyong with a look of astonishment in their eyes.

"What if this is their way of getting the police out of here?" Yihshyong let out those words at a slow tempo.

"You mean, the criminals hope the police conclude that tonight the real criminals will not come? After the police left, then the criminals came," said Jinqkang.

"That's exactly what I meant," said Yihshyong. "Is that not possible?"

"The possibility is always there." Jinqkang nodded. "But what if things don't go the way they want? If you believed what the police said earlier and then you went home, wouldn't the plans of the criminals fall apart?"

Yihshyong scratched his head. "What if they are sure that I won't be home so soon?"

"How can they be so sure?" Jinqkang raised his eyebrows.

"Because they know how Shyongge thinks," said Iren.

Jinqkang nodded. "It means that they, or at least one of them, are familiar with Mr. Shimen."

Yihshyong nodded. "That's probably the case."

"Do you have any idea who that person is?" Jinqkang asked.

"I have absolutely no idea about it. Even though I'm not a person who has many friends, I still have a hard time understanding all of my friends," said Yihshyong.

"Maybe that person is not your friend. But someone who has the opportunity to learn about your personality and traits," said Jinqkang.

"So that person believes Shyongge can't just go home. If so, we should just wait for the kidnappers now. Like Shyongge said, maybe they will only appear after the police withdraw," said Iren.

Yihshyong took out a paper from his coat pocket. The paper was a copy of the original message written by the kidnappers. He looked at the message again.

"I didn't have time to pay attention to the pictures," said Iren. Turned out he was peeking as Yihshyong looked at the things written on the paper.

"I, who copied these pictures, didn't really understand either," Yihshyong replied. "This smaller pentagon may represent the pool in front of us. The larger pentagon represents the surface of the ground we are on."

"Then what do these other pictures, according to Shyongge, represent?" Iren pointed at various other shapes painted on the paper.

"What if we now try to solve this?" Jinqkang said. "Who knows? Maybe these pictures are the real clues."

Yihshyong looked at the strange shapes. He really regretted that earlier, when he copied the message, he had just drawn it. Many details of the pictures he did not copy. If Jinqkang was right that the pictures were the actual message, then it was likely that they would never be able to decipher the riddle.

Apart from the two pentagons, there were five other pictures. The five shapes were located at the bottom of the paper.

"Shyongge, what kind of pictures are these?" Iren asked as he began to pay attention to the shapes painted on the paper.

Yihshyong looked at the pictures once more. He wished he could remember the details of the pictures in the original message so he could explain it to Iren and Jinqkang.

"The pictures that are painted here are a little strange. Maybe because I didn't copy it well," Yihshyong said.

"Is this a picture of a house, Sir?" Jinqkang pointed to one picture on the paper.

"You're right," Yihshyong said. "I've tried to draw it as closely as possible. Earlier I also thought that the picture I copied was a picture of a house. If you think this is indeed a picture of a house, then I had not guessed wrong."

"Then, this one," Iren tried to guess, "is this a drink bottle?"

"That's right," Yihshyong laughed. My drawing skills are indeed on a par with elementary school children's drawing skills.

"Then this one is a table," said Jinqkang.

"This is like a picture of a stove," guessed Iren, pointing to another picture.

0