Chapter 271 : Shimen Yihshyong
144 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yihshyong smiled widely. "Apparently, the picture I made was quite clear. The proof is that you guessed correctly."

"Then what is this?" Iren asked. The last picture did look abstract.

Jinqkang brought his eyes closer to the paper. Yihshyong laughed. Jinqkang was funny. No matter how close he looked at the picture, if it wasn't an excellent picture, he wouldn't be able to recognize it.

"I don't know what this picture is," said Jinqkang. "Maybe you don't know either."

"I don't know for sure, but I have a strong impression that this is a crowbar. Or at least iron-related tools," Yihshyong said.

"Is this a crowbar?" Iren was wide-eyed. "From what angle does this look like a crowbar?"

Yihshyong laughed again. "Right!"

"I know now!" Jinqkang suddenly shouted.

"Know about what?" Iren's voice sounded hopeful.

"These five objects represent the five elements. Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water."

Yihshyong looked at the pictures. It was true what Jinqkang said. The uppermost picture, the two pentagons, might be an indication of the context of the five pictures below.

"The crowbar definitely symbolizes metal. Then the drink bottle symbolizes water," said Iren.

"The stove symbolizes fire, while the table symbolizes wood," said Jinqkang.

"How can a house symbolize earth?" Yihshyong asked himself.

"Maybe because the house is built using bricks. Bricks are made of soil. Soil is earth," said Jinqkang.

"We managed to solve this riddle," Iren cheered.

"Don't get excited just yet. We haven't succeeded yet," Yihshyong said. "We still don't know what that has to do with this message from the kidnappers."

"Maybe the kidnappers sent us here to get the real message. They realized the police had been watching closely, so they used a secret way to get the message out to us," Jinqkang said.

Yihshyong nodded. He looked at the pool that lay in front of him. Each edge of this pool must represent one of the five elements.

"Let's just ask the people who work in this park. Is it true that the shape of this pool is related to the five elements?" said Iren.

"Who should we ask? Hardly anyone here. The janitors in this park might as well have all gone home." Jinqkang said.

"There's one," Jinqkang pointed to someone who seemed to have just appeared out of nowhere.

"Eh, isn't that the janitor we asked about earlier?" Yihshyong said.

"That's right, Sir! That's him," said Jinqkang.

Jinqkang got up from the bench and walked over to the person. He then engages in a conversation with that person. The person pointed this way and that. It was obvious that he was explaining something to Jinqkang.

Jinqkang returned to where they were sitting while jogging. His face was so bright.

"It turns out that our guess is not wrong! Each side of this pool indeed symbolizes the five elements. In the past, on each side, there was a small statue symbolizing the five elements. The statues were located on each outer side of this pool. Exactly behind the bench in the middle. This side where we are sitting is the side that represents earth!"

Iren smiled widely. He seemed thrilled.

"Let me see the paper again, Sir!" Jinqkang said.

Yihshyong handed the paper to the young man.

"Didn't you change the size ratio of each object in these pictures?" Jinqkang asked.

"No," said Yihshyong. "I copied on a size scale that I tried to be as close as possible to the original image."

"So this picture of the house is indeed much bigger than the other four pictures?"

"Yes. I was also a bit surprised. But I just copy it as is. Indeed, the picture of the house is much bigger. But at first I thought it was because the size of the house was indeed much bigger than the size of other objects," said Yihshyong.

"In this case, maybe size symbolizes priority," said Iren.

"You mean, the original message from the kidnappers, if it really exists, lies on the side that represents earth?" Yihshyong asked.

"There's no harm in trying to find it, right?" Iren said.

0