Chapter 278 : Nangong Iren
131 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tsaehorng looked surprised. His face was so weird. Under normal circumstances Iren would most likely laugh at a face like that. But in a situation like now if he laughed it might even look ridiculous and uncivilized. The young man opened his mouth. "So a lot of new people in this place."

Jenqyih nodded. "Now that I think about it, things like that are a bit suspicious. Won't your friends be bothered if you have to investigate all of them?"

"I think," Yihshyong said. "You ask your people to investigate several people, but focus on only two people, namely the neighbors to the right and left of this house."

"All right, Uncle!"

"Now I continue again," said Yihshyong. "Turns out the shock we've had is still not over. The criminals don't seem to have any intention of receiving the ransom there. They just want to send us a message. They must have realized that the police have been monitoring the messages they sent us all along. So this is a way to trick the police. There must have been a member of the kidnapping group in the park watching us. So I'm sure they know we did find the message they were hiding."

Iren and the others nodded.

"Now is the time to discuss more about the series of events that we experienced today," said Yihshyong.

"I think the police were late in examining Songfei's belongings and copying the writings and pictures inside. Is this just my feeling? Or do the police really think that Shinnshiow's case has nothing to do with Songfei's disappearance?" Chioujen said.

"The kidnappers demanded the items in the bag as ransom. So it’s almost certain the two cases are related. However, the police may feel there are things that are strange in this case. So I think, although this is a slim possibility, the police might consider that the kidnappers want to make us believe that Shinnshiow’s kidnapping is closely related to the case that Songfei is investigating,” Yihshyong said.

"It doesn’t even make sense!” Iren said. “What’s their purpose for making us think like that?"

Yihshyong shook his head. Like I said, it's just a slim possibility."

Chioujen looked straight at Yihshyong. "Do you think it was the Shinnshiow kidnappers who wanted the police to investigate the case that Songfei was investigating?"

"I'm not sure. But as small as the possibility. We must not rule this possibility," said Yihshyong.

Shyongge really tried to look as similiar as possible to Dahge? Even this way of thinking is Dahge's trade mark!

"If that's really what happened, then Shinnshiow's kidnappers are in the opposite camp from the people Songfei is investigating," said Iren.

"So, this is a case between one group of criminals against another group of criminals?" Jinqkang, who had been silent that night, opens his mouth.

"Not necessarily so," said Yihshyong. "It could be that one of these groups is a criminal while the others are people trying to uphold justice in their own way."

"Shyongge, do you mean like superhero characters or crime-fighting groups in stories?" Jenqyih asked.

"It's something like that. Maybe they feel that they inevitably have to involve the police. Kidnapping Shinnshiow is one of their ways to get the police to pay attention to the case that Songfei is investigating."

"Then what is Songfei's role here?" asked Chioujen.

"I don't know," Yihshyong replied. "But in my opinion, Songfei would absolutely not use these means to lure the police into participating in the investigation. What is more likely is that the Shinnshiow kidnapping group supplied Songfei with information in the hope that Songfei would help them. When Songfei turned out to be helpless, then they kidnapped Shinnshiow to force the police to interfere."

"It doesn't make sense," said Jenqyih. "Who exactly is Songfei? What made them believe in Songfei in the first place?"

"You asked me about who Songfei is." Yihshyong looked at Jenqyih. "But do we really know who Songfei is? Isn't it possible that there are certain reasons for a mysterious group to ask Songfei to investigate something?"

Jenqyih was silent. Iren agreed that Yihshyong's words are not wrong. None of them knew much about Songfei's background.

"It means the problem is much more complicated than we previously thought!" Iren sighed as he closed his eyes.

 

0