Chapter 283 : Shimen Yihshyong
140 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shimen Yihshyong could feel a frown on his forehead. He shook his head. He was so sure that there was a much simpler explanation for the phone call that had just come in.

"I agree with you." Chioujen spat out those words quickly.

"Let's first turn on our communication devices." While speaking, Yihshyong got up from the couch. He walked over to the phone. He lit the two box-shaped Huahshiangs. After that, Yihshyong put earphones into both his ears.

There was someone following him. Yihshyong turned around. He saw Iren standing right beside him. Iren quickly put the earphones from the other Huahshiang into his ear.

"Good night. We are the police. Can you hear my voice?" There was a sound from the earphones they were wearing.

Turns out my guess was right. The police are trying to contact us.

"We can hear your voice very clearly." The sentence came out of Yihshyong's mouth in such a steady tone. The voice of the policeman who was speaking differed from the voices of the policemen who had previously spoken to them.

They have deployed a lot of police officers to handle this case.

"We are the party that just called your house." The policeman repeated the words they had just said. "We've tried contacting Mr. Mingju's pager, but it looks like our message didn't get through."

"Jinqkang, let's see what happened to Tsaehorng's pager," Yihshyong said. This afternoon, before going to the hospital, Tsaehorng gave one of his pagers to Jinqkang. The young man did have another pager. However, Yihshyong suspected the pager number the police knew was the pager number that was in Jinqkang's hand.

The police must have sent the message to the pager in this kid's hand.

Jinqkang took out a pager from his pocket. He looked at it for a moment.

"Did any messages come in?" Iren asked.

"This pager is off, Sir," said Jinqkang

Tsaehorng immediately said. "I'm sorry. It's possible the battery ran out. It's time to replace the battery."

"Sorry, Sir," said Yihshyong. "Mr. Mingju's pager has run out of battery. Is there anything important that the police want to tell us?"

"That's true, Sir. We intend to inform you of the progress of our investigation."

What? Late at night like this, they want to report the course of the investigation? Isn't this a strange thing? So far, the police have never announced the course of the investigation. Now, suddenly he said something like this. How could they think we wouldn't find this kind of action somewhat suspicious?

Yihshyong turned to Iren. His friend frowned. It was clear that Iren also smelled something strange.

"Please explain to us," said Yihshyong.

"What happened in the park, at first glance, doesn't make much sense. But we suspect it's just a tactic the kidnappers used. We also think that from the start they didn't intend to use the park as a place for the handover of the ransom. "

"Then what about the person who met us, Sir?" Yihshyong asked.

"Earlier, when we were still in the park, as soon as we listened to that person's explanation, we came to the conclusion that the man, the actor who met Mr. Shimen, was deliberately brought there in order to distract the police from their real plan."

Yihshyong turned to Iren. His friend grinned. The police also thought the same as them. The kidnappers, from the very beginning, had planned to use other means to contact them.

It turns out that the police in this city are not stupid!

"The kidnappers most likely used the actor to confuse the police. Earlier, we concluded the kidnappers would immediately contact you to inform you about when and how you should hand over the ransom. Therefore, we retreated from the location of the pond and its surroundings right away."

Very weird! They didn't explain it to us. What if we were so stupid that we immediately walked out of the park? How could the police be sure that we would come to the same conclusion?

"We're really sorry about that. We didn't explain it to all of you because we didn't want the kidnappers to realize that we could read their movements."

"It's all right, Sir," Yihshyong said. "Totally, we can understand that."

"Our guess is not wrong. While you were looking for messages that your kidnappers might have left around the pond, we saw that someone was watching your movements. After you found the package in the cavity of one of the stone benches there, the person left the place straight away. We followed that person very carefully. We don't want to lose such a precious track."

0