Chapter 288 : Nangong Iren
133 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nangong Iren looked at Jenqyih's friend. That person looked at all of them with a sharp, yet respectful gaze.

It's about time this person comes to tell us about the progress of the investigation into the Shinnshiow kidnapping case.

Iren turned to look at Jenqyih. The look of surprise had not left his face.

Yihge didn't know about this person's arrival? Didn't they discuss this before?

Iren hoped that the investigation carried out by Jenqyih's friend's organization would yield more results than the police investigation. However, he realized that the people's organization didn't just help them. There must be a certain agenda they run.

Dahge's disappearance compounds our problems. Hope this person can help us with that too.

"Did you order pizza on purpose, knowing that Mr. Jongli would come here?" Yihshyong turned to Jenqyih.

Jenqyih shook his head. "I have absolutely no idea. The last time I communicated with him was the day he visited us here."

Yihshyong nodded.

Shyongge must have seen that Yihge's expression does show that he is telling the truth. It means that this Jongli Jyhren is indeed a very mysterious type of person.

"Okay," said Yihshyong. "It's not that important. We have other things to do. Mr. Jongli, please have a seat."

Because at that time everyone was sitting in the dining room, Yihshyong invited him to sit there. Jongli Jyhren was very calm. He seemed to have been well trained in dealing with precarious situations, such as the one they were currently facing.

Yihshyong looked deeply at the person. His face was serious. Iren didn't know what was going on in Yihshyong's mind. Even though he looked calm, he could actually be really panicked. It could be easily understood. It wasn't easy for Yihshyong to make up his mind when he suddenly had to take over from Shannchyuan..

Iren glanced around him. Except for Chioujen, all eyes were on Jongli Jyhren. Their facial expressions and eyes looked very serious. They all frowned. It was very much like students staring at their teacher during a sudden exam.

Iren focused on Chioujen. There was something strange about the kid. The night Chioujen came home, he talked for a long time with Shannchyuan. At that time, Iren stood guard at the edge of the hole. They chatted for quite a while in the dungeon.

He couldn't hear what their conversation was about because the distance between them and him was quite far. One thing Iren was sure of was that Chioujen knew things they didn't. But their youngest housemate chose not to tell them.

At least this kid had been honest with Dahge.

Iren didn't know why. Maybe Chioujen didn't fully believe in them yet. Living together for some time was in no way guaranteed that they would understand each other. What made Iren relieved was that at least Chioujen still believed in Shannchyuan.

"This restaurant really sells pizza, or is this just your way of communicating with us?" Jenqyih asked his friend. His eyes were full of inquiry.

Jongli smiled. "The restaurant really does exist. And they do have a promotion. We just asked them for help to let us use their restaurant."

"Then, who exactly is the person who gave this flyer to me?" asked Jenqyih.

"There is one of our agents who is on standby there. He is indeed in charge of distributing flyers to many people."

"Where is the difference? I mean, between this brochure and the original one."

"Actually, it's not that much different, either. We just changed the phone number. So when you call the restaurant, it goes straight to us."

"Ah! That's why you guys got here so fast."

Jongli nodded. "We've been monitoring your movements."

"Then these boxes? Is it really pizza?" Jenqyih still didn't seem convinced.

"Of course. The restaurant does provide pizzas that are incredibly large in size," said Jongli Jyhren.

Iren opened the top box. The smell of pizza spread throughout the room.

"Because it turns out we have guests, so we'll eat these pizzas later. Right now, I want to know what he will say." Yihshyong looked at his friends.

Jongli Jyren nodded.

"Wait," said Iren. "There are still things I don't understand. If it turns out that we didn't order pizza at all, then how would you contact us?"

0