Chapter 439 : Dongfang Jenqyih
49 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jongli shook his head. "It's not like that. I think they think Mr. Gongyang is a witness. Not the criminal."

"Did their investigation pay off?"

"You know that their organization is far more mysterious than that of the police. I don't have eyes and ears there."

"Is it true that the Public Security Intelligence Agency doesn't have spies there?" Jenqyih felt it was impossible.

"Of course there is. But a lowly agent like me doesn't have the power to access the information we get from there."

"So, what's our next move?"

"I think the police will soon close this kidnapping case."

"Do they have a suspect yet?"

"As usual, they'll hold some of the people they catch responsible. Then the case is over. That's actually good, because we can conduct an investigation without worrying about interference."

"There won't be police interference. But what about the Public Security Bureau?"

"My superiors are trying to convince their superiors to contact the Public Security Bureau so that we can actively investigate Mr. Gongyang. At least from another perspective. They do investigate Mr. Gongyang. But since the focus is not on Mr. Gongyang, there are many things they don't do. "

"Essentially, you're saying that Songfei isn't important enough. Then how can your superiors convince the Public Security Bureau people to let you guys participate in the investigation of someone who isn't important enough?"

"Because we are able to enter through other cases. Recently we received a tip that apart from being involved in the case the Public Security Bureau is currently handling, Mr. Gongyang is also involved in another case."

"Another case?"

Jongli nodded. "But I can't talk to you much about that."

Jenqyih nodded. "He does look like a bloodhound. Loves to sniff. Unfortunately, he sniffs something he shouldn't."

"In the next few hours, we will have confirmation."

"All this time, how have you investigated the Songfei case?"

"It's the same as the police. But because it's not official, the results are also not optimal."

"Then I will wait for good news from you."

"Tell you what. If you have time, you can stop by the pizzeria near Jongharng station. I'll be there after midnight."

"What should I say there if I want to see you?"

Jongli took out a piece of paper. He gave it to Jenqyih. Jenqyih looked at the contents of the paper.

"This is a list of food menu." Jenqyih leafed through the paper.

"You order the food and the waiter will give you something that will lead you to where I am."

"What kind of something? You'd better speak a little more clearly. So I won't be confused when faced with the actual situation."

"Just do as I say. You won't be confused. You've had training in that matter before."

"That's been a long time. After all, the training I've received is just the basics."

"Trust me. You'll find out later. Right now, that's all I can say."

"How mysterious!" Jenqyih laughed. "All right! I'll be there tonight."

Jongli looked at his watch. "Don't you need to rush back to the hospital?"

"There were other friends there. My presence is not that important."

"But you're already hungry."

Ah! He still has other urgent business.

"Okay! I'm back now. See you tonight!"

"See you!"

After paying for the drinks, right away, Jenqyih left the place and returned to the hospital, which was across the street. He didn't walk too fast. The meeting with Jongli was much shorter than he had imagined. So, there was still plenty of time.

Entering the hospital lobby, Jenqyih looked right and left. For a moment, he hesitated about what he should do next. But it wasn’t for long. In an instant, he had made up his mind.

Jenqyih did not immediately go up to the floor where Shinnshiow was being treated. He chose to sit casually in the lobby to digest the things he had just discussed with Jongli. The news about the two bags that had been found made Jenqyih feel a little relieved. But at the same time, pessimistic because he doubted that everything would go smoothly. Such a situation would make it very difficult for the police to trace any further.

After about twenty minutes of sitting there, he got up and headed to the floor where Shinnshiow's room was. Arriving at his destination corridor, from a distance, Jenqyih saw his friends standing outside Shinnshiow's room.

 

0