Chapter 59: How to make an entrance
506 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What is going on today?!

The exam hasn't even started and I have had to run away 2 times already.

I came early because of Naruto, but he is no-show.

Did he get the date wrong?

Knowing him, it is either that he did or he overslept.

-Attention everyone!!(???)

As I was thinking of where Naruto was, a man wearing the konoha shinobi uniform, stood on top of some platform and called out to everyone.

-The entrance exam will be starting, now. All participants are to line up in pairs, in front of the academy gate! Thank you!(???)

Is that a jounin?

No!

Definitely a chunin!

No self-respecting jounin would ever be working at the academy...maybe a tokubetsu jounin? I have seen that happen before (Anko)...it was *cry internally* it was tragic!

Anyway, that toku-? Some mob came and called all kids to line up.

There was a moment when the kids said goodbye to their parents or some other sappy things.

Since I was on my own I didn't need to prepare for anything.

But what is truly surprising is that all the kids followed the instruction given by that chunin examiner.  

Almost in record time.

As someone who's been around kids for most of my life...that is pretty much impossible.

-(Woah that was my first time seeing that...I guess getting into the academy is serious business...I wonder what their parents told them?)

But not all the kids just went there, some were waiting like myself, and there are just too many kids to fit in.

....that chunin, the one who yelled for us to line up...he...looks kinda familiar...N-no! I must be overthinking this.

But I wonder where that sense of Deja Vu came from?

...I have never seen him around the village, probably.

- Oh, that's!

I saw a lot of faces, that I didn't recognize and some that I did, after a brief moment of inspecting the line of kids that was being formed.

Some of them were too iconic to be unmistakable.

(That fidgeting, nervous little girl... like she just found a dead body, is definitely Hinata. That one eating potatoes...ugh...and that one with the shades, also goes without saying. Next...Hmm, the prince of edgelords, and next to him with a dog is Kiba... the hell? Why is he bringing that flee bag with him even now? That thing better not give him some advantages during the test, otherwise, I'm gonna complain! I have seen him do that in the chunin exam, so I wouldn't put it past him. These clan bastards think they can do whatever they want but I am good at causing a scene that attracts a lot of attention.)

-so, you're here too! (???)

As I was trying to spot the main competition, a voice came from behind me.

-Huh? Zen!? That's weird...you rarely...initiate talks with me...what do you want?

- dude nothing! I was just curious as to why you left before all of us.(Zen)

-Is that so...(They didn't find out that I tried to sabotage them... I am not sure if I should be happy, relieved, or terrified if this is a plot to get back to me...)

- y-yeah! Anyway, we are all over there come join us.(Zen)- he said while pointing to a group of kids, among some that I recognized all too well.

- Hm?... You invite me...on your own....without anyone else....to join the group instead of coming altogether? Or not even calling me from afar...when usually, you, are too laid back to bother doing things that take too much effort...what's your game?! Tell me now!!!

- dude! you truly are paranoid!...but that is true...I also found your secret.(Zen)

Eh?...What? What is he talking about?

Is it the Uchiha thing!?

...No! No! Impossible I have my morning routine before that! No way in hell did he wake up that early and followed through all my jogging...but if he knows my route...that could be possible...

-...you have a personal teacher.(Zen)

- Ha?...Oh~~! I don't really have one. just someone that from time to time gives me pointers...(was I trying to hide that fact? Maybe... but I do believe that I never shared that with anyone because it would be a pain.)

- eh? That's it!? You are not going to deny and avoid it by making excuses.(Zen)

-...you overthink things too much, chill dude!

- That! Coming from you?! When you just gave me an entire speech about it being weird for me to say hello to you on my own? After I just came to greet you? (Zen)

- I don't overthink anything...I think things as much as they should! Besides I was right about it, you had ulterior motives!

-...fine. Anyway, let's go meet the others. We've wasted enough time already.(Zen)

(Hmm, I was waiting for Naruto to show up...but maybe he didn't come for this part...don't really know...)

-...yeah let's go.

We lined up like everyone else and entered the academy through the main gate in an orderly manner.

However, as the door was about to close...We all looked back.

- wait!!!!(???)

A loud voice came from the other side of the door as it was about to shut down.

The figure soon managed to enter the premises as the door would have barely closed and squished his body.

The figure of a blond boy trying to catch his breath was all could see at the moment.

It goes without saying that it was Naruto.

-*heavy breathing* *heavy breathing*...Naruto Uzumaki is here! (Naruto)

He said that and pointed toward us.

Me, the other kids, and the guy that came to pick us up.

Why did introduce himself to us?

No one had to do it yet.

But, damn! That was a pretty cool entrance!

It's like he just declare war on all of us...I should have done that!

Say whatever you want but that guy knows how to hog the spotlight!

You win this time, Uzumaki.

This time.

Chapter end

16