Chapter 3: New World [1]
2.1k 5 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3 months later..

With all the work that I've done, I earned a total of 3000 UD(Universal Dollar). This UD had become the worldwide currency ever since 50 years ago.

Since it became a hassle to convert all those different currencies of the 7 major powers, they agreed on setting a single one instead.

Also, I decided to quit on the butcher job. With my entire family being a group of "Superhumans" (A term that I invented), I am afraid that they might find out.

Heck, I even took a shower 8 times daily just for precaution..

[Experience bar filled. You have received A Traveler's Pack x1. Open?]

As soon as this popped up, a small bag appeared onto my hand.

"Open."

[Opening A Traveler's Pack. Received Inventory Function, World Identity, and One-Time Revival.]

So it is.. A subspace. How convenient for me from now on.. How about this World Identity?

[World Identity]

-During your first arrival to the other world, you'll reincarnate as an infant. You'll grow up normally with all your memories sealed until you turn 15.

So as to say, I'll live in that world for 15 years before getting my memories back? Cool!

No more identity problems. Maybe I'll be able to accumulate Exp too..

Hah.. Travel.. I should do it at night. I don't know what'll happen if I do it right now.

"I'm home.."

"Welcome home."

As usual, my mom greeted me. I also saw my older sister sitting on the sofa, drinking a can of beer.

"A leave?"

"Huh? Yea."

"So you'll stay tonight?"

"Yea."

Crap.

Knowing that she'll stay here, should I do it today or not?

Who knows whether she finds something wrong when I 'Travel'..

--------

I took a dinner with my mom and sister(dad isn't at home for today) and had a bath.

Sitting on my bed, I finally decided. 

I will do it today. I've been waiting for 3 whole months! Furthermore, my mom is a B rank anyways. If she finds something out, I'll just figure out something later. 

Laying down my bed, I said to the Panel.

'Begin.'

-------

Seemingly in a blink of an eye, I saw an unfamiliar surrounding.

I am at a place where the entire room is sealed with steel-like coating, it seems.

Without a warning, 15 years worth of memory appeared inside my head, along with an intense headache.

I feel like I'll puke.

Minutes later, it calmed down. Unexpectedly, I didn't puke.

"So it's like this.."

Sorting my memory inside my head, I found out my background.

An orphan living in the Residential Area of Planet Kyton, one of the planets found in the outer-innermost layer of the All-Races Alliance "Hope".

As the zergs had eaten more and more planets, they became more stronger. It became the worst when the surviving living beings, the inhabitants of this universe, was pushed off until a tenth of the explored universe was left to protect.

As a desperate measure, they formed an alliance, pushing back the zergs for the time being.

Since the area needed to be defended shrunk, a stalemate is maintained. It had been so since the last 10,000 years.

"Wait.. End of the world? Isn't it like this?"

Their Universe, which is their home, overlapped with another universe, the base of the zergs.

As if on drugs, every zerg became crazy. At the first day, they destroyed more than a thousand life planets. Even their "Queen" commanded them to usurp this universe.

The inhabitants, with a last ditch attempt, allied with each other. Though, the only thing this can do is to slow down their extinction.

Chills were sent down into my spine.

Will Earth—no, my universe look something like this?

"Thankfully, their "Fusion" had a very good effect."

Since it's the remaining living being's last ditch attempt, they didn't hold back. Ancient techniques, rare spiritual materials, and so on is now open to the public.

All they have to spend is a thing called 'Contribution Points'. The more they contribute, the more resources they get.

What would be the use of those materials if everyone is dead? That's why all of this happened.

The biggest contribution would be.. the fusion of techniques.

As I've said earlier, every civilization is restricted from passing their own culture to another civilization. Whoever does that will be sensed by the 'will of civilization', marking him for the higher ups to hunt.

Anyways, this fusion resulted in many amazing power systems, such as "Qi-Magic System", "Aura-Qi System", and the fusion of the three, the "Three-Clover System".

Technology is further added to those systems, thus this stalemate can be maintained for so long.

The me in this world..

As an orphan, dropping out of school is necessary since he couldn't pay it himself. That's why he opted for another route—the military. He first trained for a year before being able to participate on practical missions. It's been 6 months since then.

Right now, he's a regular patrol on the border of this city. Killing zergs, participating on nests obliteration, and such.

So as to say.. I traveled here, got my memory sealed, and it was only unlocked up until now? That's why it provided me with an identity..

But what about the 'Reality'?

To my surprise, the Panel answered.

[An instant passed by in your reality. The experience points you accumulated has been converted into a power to bypass space and slow down time.]

Ah, that's why it costed me 10,000 points.. If it's so, what about my experience now?

[Lugh Austere Bayer]

Rank: E+

Latent Potential: C-

Exp: 17,268

Strength: D-

Agility: D-

Stamina: E+

Vessel: E+

Wisdom: E-

Traits:

[Dagger Mastery (LV3)]

[Dexterous Hands (LV4)]

What.. I got 17,000 exp right after arriving? Can I stop time again?

[No. The Panel had used up all the stored 'materials' necessary for that.]

It's a one-time deal then.. What about the time flow between the reality and this world?

[1:100 with 100 being this world. After you go back to reality, it becomes 1:3.]

1 hour for 100 hours. 800 hours(8 hours of sleep) would be.. more than a month.

This is crazy.. Will I be able to bring back my power to reality?

[Yes.]

What the.. Hah..

I'm now more confident at the very least—confident enough to protect my loved ones from the end of the world.

Being a Deity-Rank will be the key.. At that time, I'll be able to protect them—my family.

71