Chapter 13: Battle [2]
1.5k 6 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another aria of explosions rang out in the distance. The spellcasters used up their Nature Forces, casting destructive spells.

Meteor Strike, Flame Pillar, Yin-Yang Blast, 4 Guardian Beast Array.. Be it an individual spell or a group-type spell, it aimed at the massive horde of zergs in the front.

After they are done, they were replaced by the squads who is assigned to cast [Sword Willows] en mass.

They then casted their [Sword Willows], making an spectacular sight of millions of Aura Blades. 

After that, the ones who casted [Sword Willows] switched to their psionic firearms powered by a psion energy cartilage.

Until they or the spellcasters recharge their Martial/Nature Force, they would use firearms.

Meanwhile, in the front, close combat A and B Ranks were assigned to different areas within the 500m outside the city wall. The reason for doing so is that only by being a B Rank, a Squad Captain, can someone protect themselves from these zerg horde.

They are the ones responsible for filtering out those with stronger combat power—the ones that are able to disrupt the battlefield.

Due to them being innumerable, some would get through them. That's what the long-ranged attackers from the city walls does. They support the close combatants while sniping the ones being able to cross through the line.

Of course, a war of attrition is a zerg's specialty, thus it is inevitable that they wouldn't last forever. That's why these war items, [Recovery Dome] and [Pocket Fortresses] were made.

Made by a mechanic, it is very similar to a ball, but don't be mistaken. It can expand up to a 40m tall fortress armed with different artilleries. Its cost is bearable as well. As it needs alloys and energy sources as one of the main materials, it would've costed a huge sum before, but not anymore.

With the shells and bones of a zerg being able to substitute alloys, the cost dropped. Not only that, some zergs even produce energy crystals on their body, thus both of the main materials are there. They build this, kill zergs, create newer ones from the materials of the killed zergs, and the cycle continues.

After the close combatants are tired, they bring this thing out. With it fighting on their stead for a while, they enter the [Recovery Dome], a small ball that can transform into a 40m white dome. Inside it, there are various runes of healing inscribed, making the recovery rates of those inside it faster. There's also a variety of recovery potions, serums, or pills prepared by the military. After they're done recovering or if the zergs are closing in, they deactivate it and fight them again. After 3 cycles of this, the combatants at the front were replaced by newer combatants with newer equipments.

This highlighted the importance of mechanics, the ones who can make convenient war items with <Space Compression>, and those with high individual combat power in this world. One move of them can completely affect a war.

However, the situation on the battlefield looked worse.

Not only did more and more zergs—either on the ground or on the air managed to escape their net, as seen by Lugh before on the city walls, the close combatants kept retreating as well.

The reason for that is..

Spew!

Vicious green acid sprayed out from the mouth of a humanoid zerg flying up above. Before it reached the soldiers below and cause damage, it was frozen by an S Rank spell.

'Damn it. Why did an S+ Rank appear behind the front lines? The higher ups should've just cleaned them before!'

As it turns out, the 'sweep' from before leaving behind some eggs below S Rank is intentional. The higher ups of the Alliance wanted to use these as a method for training fresh recruits.

Since they were going to the front line, its better if they have a taste of a part of it before they experience the actual thing, thus most agreed not to completely wipe out the eggs on the former battlefield—the outer layer.

However, even if they did kill most of the dangerous ones, who would've expected that one would survive a Deity-Realm Combatant's Divine Sense?

Thus, the current situation now.

"Hehe, members of the Alliance. You truly value each other very well, don't you?"

"Tsk. Disgusting."

Turns out, this zerg would attack the troops below, which caused Reina to spend her Heaven's Force to defend against it, expending her reserves more than she had expected.

Since the zergs are innumerable while the Alliance's troops are limited, killing a few zergs by attacking them won't do much, but the defense line would get affected if a number of the close combatants gets injured.

Reina started to circulate her Heaven's Force, preparing to attack the S+ Rank zerg again.

"[Hell Incineration]!"

The area between the two had been covered with flames. More and more flames appeared out of thin air.

The zerg got covered in black flames, but as if knowing that it won't get done in with that, she unleashed yet another move.

"[Heaven's Suppression]!"

Golden shackles appeared out of thin air, binding that burning zerg tightly. 

"So you distracted me. I didn't see you use that skill before. It turns out, you're a Heaven's Force user?"

Taking advantage of the fact that he's talking, she prepared her killer move.

"[Heavenly Tribulation—Flame Tribulation]!"

Golden flames that far surpasses the last one appeared. The Flame Tribulation, the flames that would appeared during an SSS+ Rank Cultivator's Tribulation to EX Rank.

Even though it is a weakened one, it still packed a punch. It kept burning the single shackled zerg on and on. Not only that, it also has a special effect whereas the pain felt by the burned is magnified to 100 times.

"Argh!!"

Soon, its howls were heard.

"City Commander did it!"

"Yes! We'll finally be able to kill all these bastards!"

"We won't be pushed back no more!"

Meanwhile, Reina, their Commander, is inwardly scolding them.

'No, my stupid subordinates! You just planted a 'false' flag! If he's alive..'

"Hah, you thought I would die because of that? Until my [Resilience] trait disappears, you won't kill me!"

"I knew it."

Reina Fenrir Aurania, one of the remaining royal blood of the Fenrir lineage, the ancestor of the Beastman race. Contrary to the general image of beastmen being fierce, she loves studying and reading instead.

Even when she was told that she can wield the Heaven's Force, a talent to be envied by many, she still hasn't given up her hobbies.

Reading so many novels along with other practical knowledge books(Spells, Humanities, etc), she had grasped a pattern. Whenever a comrade of the protagonist cheers that the enemy is dead, it will be the opposite.

"Damn that cockroach-like trait!"

Her enemy, an S+ Rank zerg, is a Stone bug. The cannon fodders of the zerg race. The one that you see that gets killed the most. The equivalent of the 'goblins' in an Isekai.

Supposedly, they can only reach B+ Rank at most, but the one in front of her is an exception.

As a Stone Bug who became an S+ Rank, it carried the most annoying trait of the Stone Bugs as well, [Resilience].

With it, they will be 10 times harder to kill than normal zergs.

"Now that I can talk again, let's continue the conversation earlier. A Heaven's Force user in this small planet? Just who are you?"

It made its voice purposely louder, so as the soldiers from below can hear it.

'Huh? Heaven's Force?'

'City Commander is a Heaven's Force user?'

Many had this thoughts in their minds, but that alone couldn't stop them from fighting.

Taking that opportunity yet again, Reina had attacked the Stone Bug with Flaming Spears that has lighting arcs lingering around them while it's speaking.

The Stone Bug, not shackled anymore, avoided most of the attack, though it also suffered some damages.

"Why? Why do you always keep attacking me when I am talking?"

"Because that's an opening, you dumbass!"

Turns out, those spears were just distractions from before. She had been casting another spell the moment he started talking earlier.

"[Heavenly Tribulation—Lightning Tribulation]!"

A targeted suppression was felt by the Stone Bug. It became harder to move for him. He also noticed the storm brewing above the skies. It looked as if he's the only one being targeted by the dark clouds.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

Consecutive lightning tribulation descended and targeted him. Being in no mood to chat, he had focused in defending the incoming lightnings by activating his other trait, [Stone Scale].

This is what makes a Heaven's Force user to be terrible. If a Martial Force user uses the power of nature to unleash strong techniques while a Nature Force user utilizes the power of nature to control nature itself, a Heaven's Force user can make the power of nature do their bidding. They are very similar to the Heavenly Dao of the Qi System and World Will of the Magic and Aura Systems; In short, they turn into a miniature Heavenly Dao or World Will.

Furthermore, the requirements are quite harsh to become a Heaven's Force user. Not only does he/she needs to have a weapon mastery trait, he/she needs to have a control-type trait as well.

A weapon mastery trait symbolizes the talent for Aura while a control-type trait that enables one to manipulate an element symbolizes the talent for Magic.

As for the Qi System, you'll only need a higher latent potential; that's just how versatile it is. That's also the reason why the number if cultivators outnumbered the Battle Knights and Mages in the past. Even if they don't have a weapon/control-type mastery, they can just refine pills, forge weapons, create talismans, and so on.

After 18 lightning bolts descended, the tribulation ended.

'I used up almost all of my Heaven's Force in this attack. I won't trigger a flag by saying it, so I won't.'

She had decided to do her killer combo much earlier, just when she had casted her [Hell Incineration]. By weakening the enemy using the Flame Tribulation, she'll attack them with her final ace card, the Lightning Tribulation.

A charcoal corpse is all that's left, or is it?

"Hehehehe.. My trait won't let me die even if I want to die!"

The 'corpse', no, the Stone Bug spoke.

"Fuck you!"

It's incapacitated, she's incapacitated. Her subordinates are busy fighting other zergs, so no one can finish it. Still, can someone really finish it off?

Both were floating in the air. One is exhausted, while the other one is a charcoal.

Just as Reina thought that this stalemate would continue, a red flash appeared; piercing the charcoal in its stomach.

It seemed surprise as it tried to utter something.

"How.. could you..?"

It's vital signs dropped, until even Reina confirmed that it was dead. The one that she fought, the one that didn't fell after 2 Heavenly Tribulation, died in one piece?

As she looked close, it was a spear. Feeling its master's calling, the spear flew back.

Reina looked at the person down below who threw that spear. He wears a Standard Armor for a Squad Member. Since he's in an open space, she can see that he's still on his throwing position. After the spear went back into his hand, he said something.

"G*e B*lg!"

"???"

Reina seemed very confused, as what he shouted should be the name of the move that killed the Stone Bug.

"Shouting the skill after killing the enemy? That is.. new."

But then, without giving her time to react, he suddenly disappeared. The phenomenon that he had caused was similar to the folding of two spaces.

"Space.. Folding? Transfer? What.. Is he a person that has a [Space Control] trait or a Deity-Realm Combatant?!"

Space Control. Only 2 types of people could've done it. A person that has a [Space Control] trait, or a Deity-Realm Combatant, as it is their exclusive expertise.

"No, it should be someone with a [Space Control] trait. Is he an SS Rank? Where did he come from?"

Reina inwardly thought, but what she didn't knew is that he went to the most dangerous place in this planet right now.

55