Chapter 22: Prelude [1]
1.5k 6 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Man.. If they don't release a new and harder song, then there'll be no challenge left."

"I agree.. I thought that <Crystalis> would take me 10 tries, but I only did 5 and cleared it!"

Right now, I am seating on my desk, the one in the middle. The window one is reserved for the Protagonist after all.

Anyways, this day is just like any other day. Except that I changed drastically..

The pitiful G+ Lugh is nowhere to be seen; Only the A- Rank Lugh is here! Just kidding.

Even though my Rank is higher than the ones in my classroom, I am still shocked at them.

Yes, its the weapon mastery. Just when I returned into this world, I noticed that it is severely lacking the energies needed by a Combatant. It felt just like how oxygen is thin on a mountaintop.

I even tried to use my [Military Fundamentals—Cultivation (gold)] to absorb the energies here, but nope. I will take a day just to recover ¾ of my reserves.

Another thing is that, the vibe here is completely different from the other world. If the planet felt alive in the other world, the planet here, it's "Will" is sleeping.

That solves the puzzle then, as to why the ranks of the others here would be very low but their traits can be said to be even better than the other world.

If it's sleeping, the "Will" wouldn't be able to help generate a trait. That's the fricking reason why those harem members got those LV5 Weapon Masteries, as they couldn't practice any other trait than those of without energy utilization!

God, LV5! My master told me that starting from LV1 to LV5, there won't be any bottlenecks. Even an ordinary person can reach that level if they practice continuously for more than 100 years. Even a D Rank has 200 years of lifespan, thus it's still quite easy to achieve.

Meanwhile, my master thought that 20 years is enough to reach that since he's the one teaching me. He, the strongest swordsman in the current era, is enough to make it possible.

Though, I can also cheat through my [Panel], I wouldn't do it if possible. 

As for LV6 and above, it'll rely on their own talent, their own ability to grasp the "Understanding". I don't know how they got to LV5 in less than 100 years, but it should be self-explanatory since they're with the Protagonist.

"The semester exams is also coming too..Did you review already?"

Dan's voice woke me up from my thoughts.

"Nah, I'll only start reviewing today."

"I guess you're powerful enough to the point that 3 days of review is enough, Mr. Top 10."

As my Comprehension is enough to be one of the top students, I always aced the exams even though I only spent a week reviewing.

"Right, right."

"Class is starting, get ready for the roll-call."

Our homeroom teacher said.

"August."

"Present."

"Kaye."

"Present."

....

"Payne."

"Ah-present!"

I suddenly looked at Red, the protagonist, since I felt that he's not acting right today. I checked his status panel.

[Red Steelheart]

Rank: D-

Latent Potential: God

Strength: D

Agility: D-

Stamina: D-

Vessel: D

Wisdom: E+

Traits:

[Regression (LV?)]

[Sword Mastery (LV5)]

[Energy Manipulation (LV2)]

[Material Decomposition (LV2)]

[Analysis (LV4)]

[Sword Body (LV5)]

[Life Control (LV2)]

[Death Control (LV2)]

Holy.. He reached LV5 in 3 months? What the fuck.. Oh, I shouldn't forget that he's a regressor. Maybe he's just doing some "Reminiscence"..

Either way, his growth is truly exaggerated. In this planet almost devoid of energies, he rose up until D- Rank. What if he went to the other world? Will he go straight to B Rank just as I did?

I'm right then. I should only help him in the middle, during the node where he had caused so many butterfly effects already, so that I won't affect his plans..

As if sensing my gaze, he looked at me. Thanks to me having trained my Mental Aspects, I saw a bit of emotions in his eyes: Sadness and sympathy.

Bro, wtf? Why are you looking as if.. I died.

That's it.

If my imagination aren't mistaken, my sister should be a part of his harem. After I died due to a certain incident, she became depressed and only he comforted her.

Sigh.. I died. What a fucked up world.

Crack!

A sound appeared inside my head, interrupting my thoughts.

Crack! Crack!

Everyone looked outside the window. In it, they saw the sky covered with cracks.

"What the hell?"

"What did just happen?"

"Am I hallucinating?"

"No, we all saw it as well."

Confusion rose in the classroom. The Protagonist, Red, murmured something that caused me to be quite startled.

"It's starting."

That's what I've heard with my A- Rank Power. Starting? What's starting? 

Thanks to me having trained for 6 months, I didn't fall into a panic even without the [Decisiveness] trait.

Suddenly, the space looked like it got disfigured like an oil painting. Moments later, it all returned to normal.

"Urgh."

"Puk!"

Most students felt dizzy and puked. As for me, I didn't feel much, as I've used [Space Transfer] for quite a few times already. Still, I acted that I felt dizzy.

{Master, It's a Space Transmission.}

Space Transmission. If a Space Transfer is folding one space to transfer something to another, a Space Transmission is directly transporting something due to the overlapping of space. It's just like 2 circles on a venn diagram. As the circles overlap, some of it would form an ellipse. That's the space between the two planets that overlapped.

I looked at the school windows, and I saw nothing but greenery.

What the heck? Why did my [Sixth Sense] didn't activate?

Wait. Let's think this calmly. For added insurance, I activated [Decisiveness] as well.

If my [Sixth Sense] didn't activate, yet I got into this situation, it meant that I wouldn't go into a sure-death situation.

Come to think of it, just Xiao Song alone is enough to insure my survival. Even if an SSS+ Rank surprise attacks me, I would only be gravely injured, like one step from dying. I would then use the time gap to equip the <Savior's Armament>.

Then, there would be no EX Rank monsters here, the one that I'm helpless about.

Phew.. As I finished analyzing, the situation on the classroom is becoming more and more chaotic. 

"Did aliens kidnapped us?"

"No, I told you that this is similar to that ine anime that I've watched!"

"Another world? Magic?"

Confusion arose, as even our homeroom teacher couldn't handle this chaos because he himself is confused.

Meanwhile, Red and the other 4(Dan included) went out of the classroom immediately, as if they had some sort of agreement already.

When I looked outside again, I saw that only the high school building got transported here. Since our school also has a college building plus the various facilities, its quite surprising that only the high school building got transported, as if its a picture that got trimmed.

I sighed as I imagined the incoming chaos that I would encounter...

****

Moments earlier..

Crack!

In a certain mage tower, the official mages are panicking.

"It's today?! It's today!"

"The Awakening of the World.."

"I thought that we would die without advancing, but we won't!"

A voice then resounded in the minds of many.

"Attention, everyone. The chairman had decided to deal with the cracks within our country, the Aindell Nation. Battle Mages would be grouped together with the Theoretical Mages..."

In the Frostdragon Empire..

Crack!

"It's happening."

The current emperor, Lloyd Frostdragon, said.

""Father, what about Aria?!""

Gino, the current crown prince, and Mika, the first princess, said at the same time.

"Don't worry, we even sent 2 B+ Rank guards that could erupt with S+ Rank power just for her."

It's surprising to see both of them being close, even though some expected them to be cold, but it's unsurprising at all.

Mika, the first princess, doesn't want to fight for the throne, for she is obsessed with magic.

Meanwhile, Lloyd believed in her sister as well after seeing that she's been studying magic for 10 years straight. But that's only part of the reason why they're close.

Aria Frostdragon, their adorable little sister. Both of them cared for her, protected her, and pampered her. Even though she's a bit tomboy-ish, it didn't stop her from being adorable.

"I didn't even think that this will happen in my reign.."

In a certain Shrine..

Crack!

"It's happening today.."

A girl in a shrine maiden outfit frowned as she looked at the cracks on the sky.

"The demons.."

She then sensed the aura of the most hated creatures of the exorcists, the demons.

One by one, the hidden organizations all around the world reacted. Even though some called it "A Start of a New Era", "The Revival", and so on, this didn't hinder them from deducing a very important thing.

The Will of the Planet. It's waking up.

60