Chapter 38: Infiltration [1]
1.4k 3 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been 2 hours ever since we started going to the North. The sun is about to set right now.

Luckily, we didn't encounter any enemies even though we're almost halfway through our destination—the enemy's Main Base. Though, most of it could be attributed to Xiao Song's [Domain Detection].

Right now, we had to stop for a while due to Aria's lack of stamina. She's only a D Rank, I forgot..

"Here."

While we are sitting on top of a tree, I gave her the Cultivation Jellies. It can promote both Aura and Mana recovery too.

"Thank you."

"No need to say thanks. We're best friends, y'know?"

"Mn.."

"Anyways, still alright? We got transported into this place out of the blue.."

"A-actually, I'm okay with this.."

"Hm?"

"Like.. Two of us, alone.."

She blushed right after saying that. My heart wouldn't be able to take this.

Still..

"After we escape here."

"Nn?"

I don't care if I'm placing a death flag right now. I want to settle my feelings so badly..

"I'll do a proper confession after we escape here."

"?!"

I couldn't see her expression behind her armor, but I can tell that she must be freaking adorable right now.

"T-that. I'm planning to do it too.."

An awkward air filled with pinkish tint suddenly covered the atmosphere.

***

'Kyaa! He.. he likes me!'

Aria thought so. She wanted to scream out of happiness, but she knew that she'll only attract the enemies at the moment.

While the other two is having a character development, the same couldn't be said on the other side.

"Damn it!"

Tense air filled the room. It is so tense that no one spoke for a while.

"How did they manage to infiltrate this deep!"

Marian, one of Aria's guardians ended up the call and said. 

"I just got an answer. It's the work of the Dawn Cult. The Evil Spirits had arrived in this Planet yet again."

Evil Spirits, Demons, and the Wild Beasts. These 3 forces are the center of evil in Aquamarine. Even though they're only 3, the might that they possess can match up to the 7 Major Forces. It can be seen when Lugh found out that there's a total of 20 S+ Ranks in the Dawn Cult's main base.

"Those guys.. I've killed a bunch of them before! Their deacons that fell in my hands is more than 5. I'll let them have a fucking taste of it again."

In the Dawn Cult, the deacons have a strength of SS+ Rank. Above them is the Vice Leaders that possesses an SSS+ Rank. Meanwhile, the Leader himself has a strength of EX Rank.

"Brian, calm down."

Jade, Lugh's mom, said so.

"We don't know where's their main base. They relocated 300 years ago due to their losses, right? Also, haven't we heard about that one?"

"That one? The anonymous person who tipped out most of their important bases?"

"Yes, that one. There's a big one in here in Aindell. We should go there and find some clues about the place where the kids went."

"You're right.. Sorry for losing my composure."

"No need to. You're not the only one worried here."

Brian, Jade, and Aria's guardians began formulating a plan. Their goal—to save both of the kids that got teleported away.

***

"Ahem. We should go already."

"Un."

After resting for a while, we finally managed to break that atmosphere and continued our journey towards the main base.

Come to think of it.. She didn't ask me of my plans, yet she's following me.

She's trusting me to the point of blind trust..

I won't let her get in danger, even if I had to die for a few times. Looking at my Exp Panel..

[Exp: 320,570]

I have enough for 3 deaths. Due to the expensive costs of repairing Xiao Song, this is the only Exp left among the Exp bags that I accumulated for 5 years.

Anyways, we went on. 6 hours later, we finally arrived at our target. Thanks to the darkness of the night, our stealth is even more effective.

"This is it?"

"Yea."

Right now, I'm looking at a blank plot of land. But don't be mistaken. Those guys used an array magic just to hide their base.

'Xiao Song, there's no person on the other side here?'

{Affirmative. There's no person on the other side within your 1000m radius.}

Nice. Since it might make too much commotion if we forcefully break through this, I decided.

'Little Xue, change to the [Formation Breaker] form.'

'Al~right.'

[Formation Breaker(A+)]

-A special armament that was commissioned by the God of Thieves "Rohak".

-This dagger has the ability to break countless formations. Formations of the same rank will be torn immediately.

-Formations of higher rank will take time before it gets torn. Nothing at Deity-Realm and below can stop it.

-It won't activate any alarms during the process of array breaking.

After Little Xue changed to this form, I immediately stabbed it to the barrier.

I tried to cut it down, but it felt that something is preventing it to go further. Left with no other choice, I can only slowly cut it down.

It's still A+ after all. I should upgrade Little Xue next before upgrading my stats. .

"This might take a while. You can rest for a while."

"But what about you?"

"I am fine. This wouldn't spend my reserves."

"Alright."

Aria sat down first before eating a jelly. This had continued until I finally made a tear 30 minutes later.

We were about to enter, but a sudden warning from Xiao Song made me wary.

{Master, 2 S+ Ranks along with their accompanying A+ Ranks are going to this direction! Time of Contact is at 5 minutes!}

Shit. Talk about bad luck. The barrier won't be repaired immediately, so they can infer that someone infiltrated their base.

There's only one thing to be done—to silence them for good.

"Aria, let's hide for a while. Enemies are coming."

"Un!"

We then chose to hide on top of a tree. Thanks to our stealth modules being great, I won't be discovered. Aria wouldn't be discovered too, as long as she remains hidden from their sight.

"Let me take care of them first."

"But-"

"Don't worry. I'm actually super strong."

I intentionally leaked out a bit of my S- Rank vibe, but not to the point that my stealth would break. It's to reassure her.

"You—! Alright. Take care."

She accepted my response immediately, but I can tell that she's now ready to activate her [Dragon Form] any moment from now on.

'Little Xue, to the [Sword of Extremity] form.'

'Affirmative!'

She's now mimicking Xiao Song as well. She's truly a kid at heart.

[Sword of Extremity(A+)]

-The personal sword of the 'Extreme Draw Sword God' Kuno Michio. One draw of his sword would separate thousands of enemy's heads from their bodies.

-The trait [Accumulation Strike] has been retained after devouring.

[Accumulation Strike]

-While the sword is unsheathed, you can charge it up with your own energy. The longer you charge it up, the stronger it gets after its drawn from its sheathe.

-The maximum load is 100% of your own emergy reserve.

A one-edged weapon, similar to a Katana in Yamashiro Country. It's 100cm in length, and add the ancient feeling on top of that.

This should be the perfect Sword at this situation. One hit KO and not making too much commotion is the mission goal.

[Decisiveness].

On top of my now extraordinary Mind, I also activated [Decisiveness]. Their stacking effects are astounding.

Since my [Decisiveness] also went up to LV5 during my training, its mind enhancements are also increased to 150%.

"Be careful.."

"Don't worry. I'll be fine."

She seems worried. I should finish the battle quickly, because I don't want her to worry much.

Even I couldn't measure my Combat Power after being trained for almost 20 years. It's time I should test it too.

5 minutes later, the black robed men arrived.

54