Chapter 50: Date [1]
1.2k 8 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ugh.. What did just happen..?"

The man remembered that he should've attacked one of the targets, but his own shadow suddenly pierced both of his feet and got dragged in without much resistance. It was because of his carelessness that he got done in.

"Alright.. You awake?"

Now that his vision cleared up, the man found himself tied on a random room. The target that he was supposed to kidnap counter-kidnapped him.

"You are..!"

"I am?"

"You're my target!"

'Target? Who the heck did I just offend? The Duke? Maybe..'

Lugh thought so. Ever since he came into this Planet, he had offended no one except the Duke's Daughter.

'Impossible. With the Karma Severing function and my flawless stealth, how did I get tracked up to here?'

"Is that so? Well then, 'fess up. Why? Why did you attack me?"

"N-no. I won't tell you anything."

The man suddenly bit his teeth, but to his surprise, the poison inside his mouth was not there anymore.

"That won't work. My Master taught me well."

Thanks to his Master's and Heavenly Sovereign's experience, he learned a lot of things. Their "early days experience" sort of became a "Not-to-do" list. For example, when the Heavenly Sovereign got attacked by Assassins for the first few times of his life, they always had the poison in their mouth and decisively kills themselves.

Thanks to that, he's not able to gather more information on his enemy.

"Sigh.. Do you really want to choose the hard way?"

Lugh sliced Little Xue's new form on his hand a couple of times in the air. Of course, that ain't an ordinary sword either.

[Painful Secret (A+)]

-The Sword commissioned by the Elite Interrogator to further his interrogation skills.

-At every slice of this sword, the pain that one would feel will be amplified by 50 times.

-The slice needs to be at the body part of the target.

A very simple sword. It has a single edge with a sharp side and a jagged blunt edge on the other. It's the specialized torture tool that the Heavenly Sovereign had gotten for himself during his Deity years.

Slash!

"Krghh!"

As a part of his skin got slashed, the man felt horrible pain. He bit his teeth to prevent himself from shouting. his eyes teared up as the proof of what he's feeling right now.

"Huff.. huff.."

"Feeling confessing yet?"

The man didn't talk back at Lugh. Seeing this, Lugh decided.

"I'm sorry, but you won't be able to leave this room without talking."

***

"Where's McKinley?"

"Captain, he's gone."

"Gone? That-"

Crack!

One of the tokens on the Captain's belt shattered, signifying McKinley's death. He was the man who attempted to kidnap Lugh.

"Killed.. And it's only now."

The captain fell into a daze for a while. Long story short, McKinley was missing for few hours already, and he only died now. He inferred that he must've got caught somewhere before he died.

"Shit! Inform Head Su!"

Realizing that he might've leaked the organization's secrets, he quickly informed the Head Su.

***

"Phew.."

The interrogation time was done. In the end, the man spilled all of their secrets in exchange for a quick death. After killing the man, Lugh retracted the shadows that he had placed on the floor before deactivating [Decisiveness].

"This is the second time, huh."

Counting the death of his Captain, it was his second time killing a human being. Surprisingly, he doesn't feel anything. None at all.

"This must be because of the Mental Aspects training."

Having trained for almost 19 years in the Zerg World, his Mentality had undergone a huge change. Those who could reach the Controlling Stage has to change after all.

"Anyways.. This is quite troublesome.."

Thanks to the interrogation, he had learned a lot of crucial details, including as to who is targeting him.

Ghost Crow Organization—a newly built hidden organization in the Dragon Race's Domain. it consists of various halflings, with their SSS Rank Leader taking up the helm.

With the Leader's strength, it's not enough for him to lead the organization using that alone thanks to the EX Ranks. That was why, he led them with new policies that the inhabitants of the entire Dragon Domain haven't thought of.

One such thing is the Alchemy Assembly line. They either recruit or kidnap various alchemists, teach them how to operate their Assembly line, and so on.

"That Leader.. There's definitely something strange about him."

Just like the former Alchemists of the Zerg World, the Alchemists of this World kept their recipes tightly. They don't publicize it unless they gain benefits. Each and every recipe has a certain advantage when it comes to others, thus it is inevitable that they'll keep it a secret. It's similar to the business secrets of the multi-million companies on Lugh's Planet.

Even back in the Zerg World, this kind of thing(Assembly Line) was only thought out when the Fusion is already starting. It became like that due to the fact that the Civilizations and their Wills are tightly guarding their own ideas, inventions, etc from other civilizations.

This is also the key to those downgraded Potions. Since you split up the work, it became easier to mass-produce those types of Potions. Those from the Zerg World thought of it near the end, yet there's already one in this world?

"No, no.. If it's someone who's from the Technological World who miraculously didn't get targeted or a Transmigrator who came from other Power Systems, it's possible."

Due to the Wills of the Civilization blocking out the other Civilization's influences plus the fact that the Civilization Leaders are preventing their people from knowing other Civilization, it's nearly impossible for this to happen except from what Lugh had thought.

"A Transmigrator.. First, a Regressor, and now a Transmigrator?"

Lugh felt that the World had been too chaotic lately. Well, it must be because Red signalled the start ages ago.

"This has nothing to do with me. If they do come knocking at my door wishing for trouble, I'll knock them straight to the Underworld."

Lugh had also realized at this point that he'll be targeted soon enough, thus he mentally prepared himself for all of the trouble that would come.

"Sigh.. Even the date got postponed tomorrow. Damned Hidden Organization. If I do find you, and y'all are below SSS Rank, you guys are dead meat.."

That's right. Their supposed Afternoon Date got cancelled due to the fact that Lugh had to torture that guy. It only ended at the evening. Thankfully, it worked even though all he did was to slash at him.

"Yawn.. The food is also good here. Though, I'll go back to the Zerg World now."

With that said, Lugh went back to the Zerg World and started his 300-day training.

46