Chapter 54: Preparation [2]
996 1 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After driving for a few hours, Red finally arrived at his destination. It is currently night time due to the fact that he drove from an uninhabited forest.

"Ahem. You're late~"

"I'm sorry about that. I've got to do something."

Thanks to the post lamps, Red could clearly see that the three of them had arrived. Suddenly, Red seemed to have realized something. Still, he acted as if there's nothing wrong.

"So, what would be our first destination?"

Anna asked all of a sudden. Expecting this, Red replied.

"Thanks to the Top Rankers who are living here, most of the 'Fields' are cleared out in the vicinity of this city, so we'll have to go to other cities first."

"Top.. Rankers?"

Maria murmured silently. In fact, that's her talking normally. As for the 'Fields', they are the coined term for the overlapped fragments of other planets.

"Yes. If you didn't know, the 'Empire's Couple' resided in this city. Oh, it seems that you wouldn't know of it yet."

"They resided here? The Dual-Element Sword Meister Brian and the Four-Element Controller Jade?!"

Top Rankers usually refers to those who had reached SS- Rank, thus each and every one of them were highly respected. Thanks to Anna having abundant knowledge, she knew them well, especially the Four-Element Controller Jade. They both have similar traits after all.

([Supercomputer] and [High-speed Calculation])

Wind blew right in front of their faces as they were shocked by the fact that there's 2 Legends who lived in the same City as them.

"Whoa~I think I've read something about them killing a slumbering Fire Giant in the past. I wanna learn that skill too!"

"They've used assassination, so it's no wonder that she'll be interested towards them.."

Red murmured quietly, reminiscing the memories of their past life. It was one of the only few memories that he's willing to recall, as the others would give him nothing but trauma.

"Did you say something?"

"No."

As if he thought of something, Red asked them.

"Did you all brought the stuff that you'll need?"

""Yes.""

"Yep. Camping is essential for assassination, that's what my dad told me!"

"Your dad?"

"Hm.. Since you're both from Aindell, then there's no harm telling you. Red should know of it too."

"That your father is the Legendary Night King?"

"You beat me to it~!"

She seemed mad that she's not the one who told them so she hit Red similar to the ones on an anime.

"Night King.. It seems that all of us have an extraordinary identity.."

After 5 seconds, that's the first thing that Anna had said. Due to her and Maria being in the higher-ups of the Aindell Nation, they knew each other and their backgrounds. As for Scarlet and Dan, they befriended them thanks to them being a Superhuman too. They also felt that both of them have a 'Protector', thus they informed the forces beyond them.

What's strange is that the response that they got. It says "Don't pay it any heed. Just act normally."

"Then, let's go?"

Red invited them to his vehicle, which is big enough for 5 people and their stuff to fit in. As they entered, Red started the engine. It was not long until they left. Before leaving, he took a one last glance towards the playground.

Not long after they've left, 3 Men and 2 Women suddenly appeared out of thin air.

""Who?!""

Four of them got into their combat state, surrounding the man in the middle.

"Night King?!"

After seeing that it's a familiar face, they dropped their hostility towards them. They took down their weapons as well.

"Whoa, whoa. Chill, everyone."

"We're very sorry."

They bent down just to apologize to him. It can be seen that this Night King is a very strong person. It's not surprising because he's an SS+ Rank.

"Hm.. Alright. You don't need to bow down like that, y'know?"

""No, sir. As a Legend, you deserve all this.""

Seeing the four of them, Night King only sighed. He's that powerful after all.

"Uhm, Sir, may I ask a question?"

"What is it?"

"Aren't you chasing your daughter?"

It seems that the reason why Red found something unnatural is that, the five of them are hiding way before he arrived. After he sensed their presences thanks to his LV3 [Analysis], he recalled some of the information of the Night King. After he found out something, he became confident that he wouldn't stop them.

"Chase them? There's no need."

"Excuse me?"

"I said, I wouldn't bring her back."

"But sir, it's your daughter.."

One of them said so since their Young Masters were kidnapped by Red too. With the Night King showing his intent to grab his daughter back, they'll be more confident to drag that Red alive.

"You must've known some of my info, right? You'll know it why after you contact those geezers."

They did as they were told. They called their Masters—the parents of Anna and Maria. After 30 minutes, they received another call telling them that "It's alright."

"We apologize for inconveniencing you. We'll be taking our leave right now."

After the 4 of them left, the Night King stared at the direction where Red and the gang went.

"That Mental Realm.. My trait too.."

Not long after he'd seen Red, he accidentally stared at his eyes. There, he saw "Something". It's the fifth level of the Mental Realm available only to the Deity-Realm Combatants. Even though Red suppressed his Mental Realm, a bit of it was still seen by the SS+ Rank Night King.

That's also the reason why Red levelled up his Mastery like a rocket. Since his Mental Realm was along with him during his regression, its easy to level up. Though its sealed due to his insufficient power, all he has to do is to make his current him 'remember' the Sword Mastery that he had back then. As his Sword Mastery levels up, his Mental Realm would be unlocked too.

As for Night King's trait, it is the watered down version of Lugh's [Sixth Sense], [Intuition]. It told him that if he brings back his daughter, not only would she lose a very important opportunity, he would regret something later too. He didn't know the specifics except those, though.

Since the old geezers, the SS+ Ranks of the Aindell Nation, has some guesses in regards to his trait, the Night King knew that they'll let their descendants be after knowing his actions.

"It seems that the World is becoming more chaotic.. Have a fun adventure out there, Scarlet."

He disappeared under the night sky as if he wasn't there in the first place.

43