Chapter 63: Trial [1]
992 4 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once Aria woke up, the first thing that they did is to go towards the space node to enter the ruins.

"After you meet with myself, Aria will have the chance to turn into a pure-blood."

"Turning into a pure-blood? That's the first time I've heard of it."

"One would need the essence of a Deity-Realm Combatant to do this, so its normal that you haven't heard of it."

'I see.. I still haven't read through the books in Master's study. There's too many after all..'

'I will be able to help Lugh...'

Contrary to expectations, Aria's been having a different thought than what they expected.

"We can't use the nodes utilized by the 10 big cities, so we might have to find the other nodes. The ones nearest to us are at North. I'll tell you when we get there."

"North, alright."

All of a sudden, Lugh hugged Aria. Flustered, she asked Lugh.

"W-what?"

"Flight! It'll be faster this way."

Even though both of them are behind their respective Armors, one could tell their shyness based on their voices alone.

"Sorry to interrupt this, but we have no time."

"Understood."

Lugh activated the [Extreme Flight] module, another one of the movement-type module just like [Space Transfer].

[Extreme Flight]

-While fying, this module is able to enhance the speed of the user by 10 times.

"Hold tight."

Woooosh!

After Lugh flew away, only a streak of black can be seen in the sky.

"S-so fast. My sight's becoming more blurry."

Due to Lugh hugging her behind her back, she could see just how fast they are going. It looked as if the ones that they're passing by are turning into afterimages.

"Don't worry. I'm here."

"Lugh.."

Seeing this unbearable scene, Alina decided to go back into Aria's mind and seal her senses. Even with her senses sealed, she'll still be able to find out whether they arrived in their destination or not.

'The ones around them will surely suffer in the future..'

After more than 10 minutes of flying, they finally arrived. On the way, Lugh saw that there are some zergs who had proliferated the area already.

'Only 5 hours had passed, yet its already to this degree.'

"Someone used it already."

"Crap."

Each space node appears randomly within a vicinity and it can only be used once. After that, it disappears.

"I can't tell if a space node is used unless we go nearby."

"Where's the next one?"

"East. it's in the East."

"Alright."

They flew to the East, only to be disappointed again. Someone had already used the space node.

"2nd time already? Wait.. Did you restrict the entry of other unknown races?"

"No.. This is a ruin that I left in case I die. I didn't have the time to arrange this since I already died on our first encounter."

'Shit. They are faster, many, and spread out. This will be harder.'

"In that case.. Xiao Song."

[Yes?}

"[Domain Detection], please."

{Understood.}

As the screen spread out on Lugh's vision, he saw many dots. There's the red dots that signified the inhabitants of this world, and there's the green dot which signified the zergs. After looking at this mini map, Lugh finally saw some places where the zergs are converging.

"Ms. Alina, how long would an open space node last?"

"I've set it at 10 minutes. What's the matter?"

"I found a way to outrun those zerg bastards."

Lugh told his plan to them. By seeing where the zergs are converging for 2 minutes, there's a high chance that they can find an active space node.

"That works."

"Lugh, who's this 'Xiao Song'?"

'Crap! Why did I make a mistake like this?!'

Trust is fundamental to lovers. That's what his master who had learned it from the Heavenly Sovereign taught him. Once, he made a mistake of lying. That caused him to fight with one of his harem members for half a year.

That's why..

"She's the artifact spirit of my Armor."

"Artifact spirit? Okay."

With that, she never asked any further questions towards him.

'She trusts me THAT much..'

Without anyone knowing, Lugh pledged to become a better boyfriend.

"Alright, its far East again. They are all convergin there like ants going inside their anthole."

"It should be an open space node. Quick."

"Mn."

For the third time, they flew over again. After 5 minutes, they finally arrived there Unlike the ones tha the've visited up until now, this one's definitely a zerg hive. Countless zergs are entering that white pillar of light.

"4 SSS Ranks, SSS+ Ranks, more than 20 SS Ranks, and dozens of S+ Ranks. They are leading the lower-ranked zergs to swarm inside."

"Those damn zergs dirtying my own inheritance place.."

"What do we do?"

Seeing this, Aria asked Lugh. With their current power, it looked like they cannot enter that space node.

"You can just find another one. But, they might be able to conquer my inheritance place soon, so you have to be faster."

'Damn it. Thinking about the lines of our previous life and now, there should be an opportunity to let us enter this place easier. It should be that guy who chased us due to Aria's bloodline.'

Looking at the screen, Lugh saw that the next spot where they are converging is far away. They might need around 40 minutes to reach that place. Clearly, that is impossible, so that means only this place is their only way left.

'Did I exhaust my luck? Wait.'

Lugh was about to leave and look for another space node when he saw a certain someone.

"Talk about fate."

"Lugh, what is it?"

"Nothing."

What he saw is none other than Xyphur. It looked like he's about to enter the space node after guiding the lower-ranks. The place where they are in is a plain, thus there's no available cover other than the rock that they are in.

'One moment. If I distract them, I can use the [Space Transfer] module. We can bypass them if we play our cards right!'

This situation of not knowing whether the zergs had already conquered this ruins or not made Lugh reconsider his plans. With his [Decisiveness] active, no negative emotions would be felt by him. No apprehensiveness or sense of urgency was felt as well, so he can still plan clearly.

"I have a plan. It might contain a bit of risk. Do we proceed?"

"How confident are you?"

"Mn.. Around 80%."

If Lugh can tell them, he could've told them 100%. It is due to the unusual luck that was constantly saving him these days.

When Lugh hunted the Wild Beasts, he of course encountered some dangerous experiences. For example, he fought with a SSS- Rank as a S- Rank and almost used his revival chance. But, the attack deviated slightly, which saved his life.

It was also here that he realized that both he and Aria has some kind of plot armor. That's why he got more confident in addition to his normal power.

"Then.. Let's go."

After having said this, Lugh stepped out of the rock. With a thought, Lugh used <Sword Torrent> and aimed it all at Xyphur's head.

Boom! Boom!

"Who is it?!"

An angry roar resounded. Following that, all of them transformed to their zerg form. At S- Rank, one would be stuck at their humanoid form. Only at SS- Rank and above will they be able to change between two forms.

'They aligned with the immortal guy. It's enough.'

"<Sword of Destruction>."

A terrifying sword attack descended from nowhere. It can cut through all things, including space and time. Though, Lugh wasn't at that level yet.

"Wha-?!"

The lives of 2 SSS Ranks, 5 SS+ Ranks, and 4 S+ Ranks was lost in an instant, including Xyphur.

'Now!'

Lugh first used his [Space Transfer], went to Aria, used it again and went to the space node.

"<Sword Willows>."

Lugh used it to clean up the lower ranked zergs who are flocking to the space node.

"There!"

"Capture him!"

Tons of attacks flew at Lugh and Aria. There are even some who are of Mental Attacks. Sadly, they weren't able to reach them as they had entered the space node already.

It didn't take long before the pillar of white light disappeared. Surprisingly, the space node closed soon after, causing surprise to the zergs. Moments later, Xyphur resurrected again.

"HEAVEN'S FORCE! THAT ARMOR! IT'S YOU!!!"

Only Xyphur's hatred-filled screams can be heard in the distance...

40