Chapter 66: Illusion [2]
854 1 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After stepping into his tent in the temporary camp, Lugh first asked of the war situation.

"The 4 Major Forces.."

To clean them up this time, the 44 major forces brought in nearly 20 Combatants who are at Demigod Realm. They vary from EX- Rank up to EX+ Rank.

It is important to take note that gathering Combatants of this level is difficult. As a Demigod, they have completed their second transformation already, which is the Law Body. Starting from EX- Rank, things will be different. The increased affinity towards Laws and the increased resistance towards it are the basic benefits that the Law Body brought.

With 20 Demigod-level Combatants and thousands of Law-Realm Combatants, the joint commanders including Lugh made a plan for them. They will be split into 2 groups: the attacking group and the encirclement group.

14 Demigod-level Combatants will take the helm in attacking the main base. As for the some that might escape, the remaining 6 Demigods would take them on. There are 1 EX+ Rank in the attacking group and 1 EX+ Rank in the encirclement group.

Not only that, the encirclement group would provide ranged-support from time to time, making this a good plan.

"Also, there would be a meeting of the Commanders later."

"Thanks for the hard work. Anyways, did you already finish the assignment that I gave you?"

"Yes, Commander."

After hearing this, Blue, Lugh's adjutant, passed on a series of papers and a memory crystal.

"Commander, the reports confirmed your suspicions. It's all fabricated."

"I knew it. how could they let her bear this giant responsibility?"

He skipped the title page from the get-go and read the middle pages. Based from this report, it tells that the one who killed Aria's parents isn't the Dawn Cult. Rather, they are an unknown force. This just meant that the Dawn Cult took responsibility for a thing that they haven't done.

After reading this report, he went ahead and activated the memory crystal.

"How's life here?"

"The time passes twice here. Even if i can't fight, just cultivating and comprehending techniques are enough for me."

"Glad that you liked it your stay here just like me. Also..."

The 2 voices began talking some random stuff about their daily life.

"Yeah, did you know about the Empress?"

"What is it?"

"I trust you that as a friend, so don't tell this to anyone else."

"Right. What is it?"

This time, the other voice is noticeably drunk. Even though the two voices here are at EX Rank, they can still get drunk if they have some special drinks.

"She's a pitiful one. She didn't even know that the Frost Dragon Clan fooled her."

"Hm? Don't cut it off when it began to sound interesting!"

"Alright, alright. what i'm telling here is that they've fabricated the final wills of her family and let her be the Empress. She has enough strength, plus the Empire here is only loyal towards the original Royal Family. they didn't want this to be troublesome enough.."

After that, there's no longer any voices. Lugh cracked the memory crystal with his grip strength. As an A- Rank who had his potential forcibly raised, he can do this.

"Those fuckers.. I fucking knew it."

When Lugh heard that the Aria's father and her siblings left the Empire to her, he found it suspicious. Later on, he asked someone to deduce it, but he found out that its the bare truth. Still, he didn't believe any of this.

He worked hard for 1 and a half year before finding out this truth.

"We'll definitely escape this time. Blue."

"Commander?"

"Begin the preparations for the Escape Plan. After I'm done with this, start the plan. Also, thank him for me."

"Understood."

Blue left the tent. As a trusted aide of him for almost 4 years, Lugh trusted him greatly. Still, he left a single plan in the off-chance that he or Aria gets into the worst case scenario.

"The one in charge of the Frost Dragon Empire, it should be the current head of the clan, the Lord of Unbearable Frost. Aria's important enough for him to intervene. I'll definitely screw you up someday.."

The matter of Aquamarine is important enough for a clan head to take the lead. Even if they are in the Mist forbidden Zone, they had to send their combat forces here. Not only would they face the zergs, they would also face the different races here.

Without saying a word, he skimmed through the reports one by one. Thanks to it, he grasped the current situation of the soon-to-be battlefield.

"In the afternoon, where the sun is highest. After this, we'll definitely escape. Aria's safety is the most important for me. I don't care if they call me a coward for abandoning the Empire.."

***

In the afternoon, the aforementioned battle finally began. The attacking group had successfully killed the Dawn Cult's Leader, thus the bombardment started.

Boom!

Boom!

Boom!

Countless spells flew on the battlefield, causing destruction to the Dawn Cult's base and the escaping cult members. The clanging of the swords, spears, and so on is evident in the battlefield. They used Laws on their every attack, showcasing their comprehension towards their path.

"Huh?"

Seeing some of this, random memories began popping up in front of his head.

"Shit. I still couldn't defeat that projection"

Clang!

"This will be our secret."

""<Sword of Destruction>."

'Sword? What are these?'

Even though Lugh acquired the [Sword Mastery] trait after 2 years of training, he is nowhere near the one that he saw.

'No. What are those?'

Ever since he got thrusted into this world of magic, he knew that something happens for a reason. There's no way that some random memories would pop up for no reason.

'What am I missing.. Memories, memories..'

Since he is in the back lines, his life wouldn't be in danger. He only saw the battle thanks to his superior vision that was caused by his A- Rank stats.

"WE WILL HAVE OUR REVENGE NEXT TIME!"

A very loud shout, perhaps from a Demigod of the cult, was heard thorough out the battlefield. The voice was then lost after saying those words.

'Next time.. Time.. Time..'

"[Regressor]? That exists?"

A memory.

"What a fucked up world did we have."

And another one.

"I like you."

And another one.

"Both I and the zergs are a good match."

More and more memories poured into his head. It was only now did he realize..

'Fuck. I'm in my illusion?'

he didn't have any time to think of it when he received the feedback from his [Sixth Sense]. Only when he realized that he's in an illusion did he regain his powers.

'W-what is this?'

Even when he faced that Deity-Realm attack, he didn't sense a danger as strong as this. This time, he vaguely felt that even his revival chances won't work on this one.

"Permanent death?"

A black crystal suddenly formed a streak on the sky. Its origin isn't clear

"What is that?"

"It might be an enemy attack!"

Hearing this, the Demigods who guarded the back lines plus the encirclement group prepared to intercept it with law spells and weapon law attacks.

Slash! Stab!

Boom! Boom!

Most of them landed it, but the black crystal isn't visibly damaged.

"It's heading this way!"

"Commander!"

When it got nearer, it became clear that the target wasn't the Demigods. Rather, it's Lugh.

'It's.. destruction?'

He didn't have any time to react before the black crystal pierced through his heart.

"

33