Chapter 73: Frontline [3]
782 1 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Due to the connection between the Two Worlds strengthening, the time ratio has been distorted.]

[Current Time Ratio: 1:0 (Aquamarine) / 1:50 (Zerg World)]

"Shit.."

After putting down his luggage on his assigned lodging, Lugh recalled the panel which showed the current time ratio. Due to the Zergs invading his Home World, it unintentionally formed a connection with the Zerg World. It resulted in the time ratio between them get distorted.

Thanks to it, the previous time ratio of 1:1000 is long gone. It became even half than the previous time ratio (1:100). Now, his plans that he prepared for more than half a century are broken. He had to revise right now.

"My leveling plans had to be revised, some plans should be omitted. Thank goodness that I've already reached Peak Controlling Stage before I finished my training."

When one reaches Shedding Stage, they wouldn't depend on the training time anymore. Rather, it'll depend on how long would one have an epiphany. If Lugh was still stuck below Peak Controlling Stage, he wouldn't have any choice except to find some time-related treasures. After all, even the panel couldn't help with his development of Mental Realm. It can only give him Understanding, not change his fundamental thinking.

"Then.. the first thing would be.."

Lugh activated [Decisiveness], so that it can help him in revising faster.

***

After revising more than a fourth of his plan, he was called to Lucia's study. Of course, he already wore the uniform that he was given. It looks very similar to the anime-style uniforms that he had seen. In the inside, he has a vest-like clothing while he has a black coat filled with insignias on the outside.

"As a SS+ Rank, it had been decided that you'll be a Lieutenant."

"Right away?"

"There was some opposition on putting you as a Lieutenant, but it disappeared once your Master reassured them."

"Wait.. So they're worried about me getting killed in action?"

"Yes."

'It's like this? Totally different from my expectations.'

Initially, he thought that he'll be put in a lower Military Rank due to him being a rookie, but it's totally because of a different reason. It seems that he had underestimated the fact that just finishing his Master's training would make one think that his disciple is a Sword Freak as well. That means he'll be more disciplined as well.

"Uncle told me that.. I can let you be on some dangerous areas. Will that be alright?"

"Yes."

"In that case.. Lieutenant Kerr."

"Yes!"

"Your first assignment would be to join Team 7 and complete their current mission."

After saying that, Lucia activated the hologram on her study. There, Lugh saw the details of his soon-to-be teammates, along with their mission goal.

"This planet is originally a resource rich planet. It wasn't evacuated in time, thus this mess. Team 7's mission is to secure an Origin Slate."

"Origin Slate? There's one here?"

It is understandable for him to be surprised since the Origin Slate is no laughing matter. It has the ability to upgrade the ores or crystals on a mine by one entire rank. To cut it short, it is an extremely important strategic resource.

"Originally, there isn't. It all happened due to us and the zerg clashing. The deaths of many Deity-Realm Combatant formed one, but the zergs are faster than us. We'll try to steal it from their transport team now that they didn't know of the leak yet. You can find out the rest by yourself."

Saying that, she handed him out some paper files. Due to its extreme importance, they opted for paper medium instead of the digital ones.

"I'll take my leave."

After saluting once more, Lugh left her study. As a person with an officially assigned military rank, he has to show respect to his superiors. What's more, its his Master's niece who's hundreds of years older than him.

Walking in the corridor, he finally encountered some soldiers. Looking at their uniform, aura, and eyes, he can tell that they weren't ordinary. They should be the ones with a higher rank such as Captain, Major, or Colonel.

Unsurprisingly, he just passed by them. Focusing on the paper files protected by some spells, he walked towards the meeting room of Team 7. Now that he's used to it thanks to the dizzying rooms of Dawn Cult's HQ. With the help of some staff who told him the way, Lugh finally reached that room.

"Sci-Fi tech. This looks like the ships that I saw on G*nd*m. Metallic corridors, soldiers and staffs with holographic tablets.. "

Reminiscing some of what he had seen, Lugh knocked on that door twice and entered.

"New one's finally here. Took you long enough."

"SS+ Rank? Why did-ouch!"

Remarks flew out from the gathered members of Team 7. Just when the easy-going one from the Beast Race was about to doubt his power, the girl, who seems to be the youngest one here, elbowed him hard.

"Go read the files in advance, dumbass."

No, to call her a girl is an understatement. Right, in simpler terms, she looks like a loli. With big golden eyes and black hair tied in a twin tails, she looks like an elementary school student. Of course, Lugh is smart enough to hide his thoughts from his eyes.

"With his background alone, he can crush you completely. Don't be so confident now that you're at SS+ Rank."

After she berated him, she greeted Lugh.

"Welcome to our team."

"Thank you for the greetings."

As Lugh's SOP, he tended to avoid offending people, even more so when the said people is polite enough to greet him. After returning her greeting with a slight bow, he sat down on one of the seats prepared for him.

"Did you read our current mission?"

"Yes. About the Origin Slate."

"We are lucky this time that the Deity-Realm of the zergs are preoccupied by our Deity-Realm Combatants. They are planning to sneak it out here using an alternative way..."

Without wasting any time, the loli went straight to the mission briefing. Just when she's in the middle of explaining, an elegant demon who's wearing a glasses said to her.

"Team Leader, you still haven't introduced us yet."

"Ah, right."

This is when Lugh realized that his Team is made up of unique individuals, it seems.

33