Chapter 81: Clean-up [1]
665 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Then, I'll leave them to you."

"No worries."

Hours after the explosion, Lugh told the Askar Base Commander about it. Since the mission was far more dangerous than the posted mission, he had to pay Lugh with ten times the original amount. Of course, he paid with the future wages of his and the entire Askar Base Officials. He also prepared to report it to the higher ups.

Still, the military would've sent reinforcements once the deadlines ends; the military wouldn't abandon anyone, thus they'll still send reinforcements. The deadline is created due to the exquisite calculations of the Main A.I. in the first place. Once the deadline ends, the situation might turn for the worst.

The main reason why the Military had created this mission system is to allocate the low-risk missions to some numbered teams with free time or the non-military combat teams. Add to that the lack of combatants in the front line, it shows that the military is desperately squeezing any combat power available.

After all, they couldn't even send some reinforcements to some lesser-risk areas.

"Those guys are truly heaven-sent. I got my EXP to more than 450M right away!"

Considering their count, it is not surprising at all. He had just bombed an entire nest full of zergs after all.

"50M more EXP.. I should power up back in my world first before that 5 days come, I guess."

After putting the rented spaceship on auto-pilot, Lugh went back to Luminous.

***

'I'm back.'

Opening his eyes, he scanned the surroundings. He then stood up and left the guest room.

"Good morning."

"It's afternoon based on this planet."

"Is she done?"

"No, but soon."

"Understood."

After that conversation, Lugh asked Alina to send him out of the inheritance grounds.

"A major clean up, huh. It's only time before they open that barrier of theirs."

At first, Lugh wasn't confident that he'll be able to do the distraction/clean-up plan. He leaned towards the more dangerous plan due to his lack of options. Luckily, he got all those stuff from the Dozen-Arm Zerg. Even though he doesn't have any qualifications for being a mechanic yet, just the explosives that he found could be used by him.

There's also the automated turrets that he could activate remotely with a device. Though it is regrettable that he couldn't add any enhancements to them, it is enough for him.

"Finally, throwing explosives without care is a part of my wish list. I Guess that I can finally achieve it."

Since they're all connected to the hive mind, it'll be troublesome once he attacks them one by one. They'll be alerted once be attacks them like that, so he decided to attack them all at once instead.

Lugh then scanned the areas where the zergs gathered the most. In total, there are 12 very large spots, 20 large spots, and 40 quite large spots. As for the others below it, it's useless to aim for it. They don't have any permanent spots, thus it'll be useless if he drops the bombs and they move to another location. They'll be able to evade the explosions in the first place.

"I'll spread these out first with the [Godly Stealth] module. As long as I drop them nearby, it should be able to go deeper with its self-movement function. I gotta thank that zerg again!"

With the help of the stealth module, he was able to go near 2 very large spots and 8 large spots. When he dropped those bombs, they grew out some spider legs and surrounded the enemy camp. Since it's purely mechanical, only mechanical detection tools can find it. Going with the fact that it only surrounded their camps, he is fairly sure that it wasn't picked up in their radar.

After making some more preparations here and there, Lugh sought the surviving inhabitants of this planet.

"I went through this entire planet, and only they are left?"

Due to the surprise attack, at least half of this planet's inhabitants ended up dead. Though, it was also thanks to Alina's inheritance grounds that more than half survive; they we're able to preserve their high-end combat power since they went here after all.

Lugh also found out that these guys are hiding into some designated spots. It might be due to them seeing that the entire planet was sealed off. When he checked Xiao Song's [Domain Detection], some demigods who were supposed to be alive after getting kicked out of the inheritance grounds were no longer to be seen.

Later on, he found out that they either died by fighting or by trying to escape. Sadly, the barrier is tough enough to withstand any demigod-level attacks, thus they're basically trapped.

"They should be here.. wait?"

Just as he's about to go into the said spots, 2 people appeared out of thin air. One of them is a boy who seems heavily injured while the girl is.. someone that Lugh is familiar with.

'The girl from the carriage?'

Audrey Tennent, the duke's daughter that Lugh unintentionally used as a hostage a month ago.

"No, don't die! Don't leave me behind!"

Audrey cried out loud, her tears pouring out from her eyes. She didn't care about her messy appearance right now as she desperately searched out her spacial ring for a medicine.

Sadly, they've used it all up due to them fighting against the zergs for a year already. They only looted some dead bodies when they had the chance, thus they sometimes had some supplies.

Seeing this, Lugh didn't hesitate to help them.

'There's no enemies nearby, plus I do owe her. I'm not that cold hearted to let her beloved die.'

Judging from the fact that she seemed close to that pure-blood boy, he deduced that they might have some special relationship. In an instant, Lugh deactivated his [Godly Stealth] and appeared right beside them. It didn't take long for her to take notice of him.

"You-! It's you from before!"

"Yes."

"Please save him! Here, have this!"

She took off her necklace and put it into her hand. It has a huge red jewel engraved into it.

"No need."

Lugh didn't accept it, and instead took out a blue vial from his [Subspace]. It was a healing panacea that he made before, with its effectiveness reaching up to SSS+ Rank. It was made possible with the help of his [Fourth Path] being deduced up to Diamond Rank.

With this boy only at SS+ Rank, it is able to completely heal him. Moments after he let him drink it, he is now out of his heavily injured state.

29