Chapter 85: To Protect [2]
607 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wisdom-type traits.

The trait that the person who has a very good potential possesses. With that, the limit of receiving information will be broken. Their senses can send more information towards them, which in turn can be an advantage.

Thanks to Aria's Wisdom-type trait that even has the prefix "unparalleled", she caught on as to what Lugh is feeling. Because he didn't use his [Decisiveness] all the time due to its energy and mental power consumption, he couldn't hide his feelings completely.

"Lugh?"

Worry. anxiety. Affection. Caring. This is the prevalent feelings that she felt from him. She wanted to know the reason why he's feeling worry and anxiety, but those feelings disappeared after she called him.

The only thing that remained is his resolve. It is so strong that she snapped out of embarrassment from him staring straight at her. Then, she didn't hesitate and hugged him.

'Cute.'

Aria sensed that he was startled by her sudden actions. She is happy to find out about this side of Lugh.

"Welcome back."

When Lugh hugged her back, she felt shy, embarrassed, and happy; so much that she wanted to stay like this for a while.

***

It took a while before Aria let go of me. To be honest, I was shy at first. I didn't notice that feeling during the hug since it was overwritten by my feelings of joy. Only when she let go of me did I feel that again.

I don't know how I look like right now, but I do hope that it's not that evident in my face.

"Hehe.."

Wait, she has the [Unparalleled Wisdom] trait, so it must've been evident to her! Thankfully, her laugh mesmerized me; she saved me from being embarrassed.

"You grew up that much."

"I am surprised too."

Due to the 2nd metamorphosis, one's body would be corrected to be the most suitable for cultivation. In my case, my body is locked at his early 20's. When we went out for dates, I used a disguise closer to my real appearance, though I adjusted it to be around 17 years old.

Now, there's no need to do so. Both of them look like a college student couple. Along with my current charm and Aria's cuteness, we surely would've gathered a lot of attention if we walked on a street back in Aquamarine.

"Ahem. your clothes."

"This? does it look good on me?"

She spun as she said that. What she's wearing now is just a white summer dress, reaching almost up to her feet. If she wore a summer hat on top of that, she'll look even more.. cute.

But..

"No.. What I mean is that.. not.. any.."

I looked away from Aria immediately as I saw something that I shouldn't have. I turned my back to her, too.

"Lugh?"

She asked me with a confused tone. Crap, I wouldn't be able to speak properly if I don't use [Decisiveness]-!

Screw it, [Decisiveness] is the best!

"Aria."

"Yes?"

"You forgot your undergarment."

"Eh?"

She didn't realize what I've said, taking her a while before she did so.

"I'll be going first."

I said with a calm voice, unlike before. The nullification of negative emotions is truly amazing.

With that, I left the room, pretending that I couldn't hear her embarrassed squeals. I deactivated [Decisiveness] at the same time.

"Ms. Alina, why didn't you say it to me?"

"Hm?"

"That she's not wearing it. It wasn't the case for me when I did that."

Back when I acquired [Demon Dragon God Physique], I never had to take any of my clothes. She said before that it wouldn't affect the absorption rate..

"Oh, that? I just wanted to see both of your reactions. You two are truly interesting."

She smirked while adjusting her glasses. It's like she's saying "It's all according to my plan!" inside her head.

"Heh. You're too sharp."

"Wha-"

"You did think that I'm saying 'It's all according to my plan!' inside my head."

What the.. Is this the wisdom of the elders? When I talked with my Master, I felt this vibe too. It's as if whenever they plan something, they're confident that it'll succeed.

"Where did you learn that, Ms. Alina?"

"I've been with my disciple for 12 whole years. Of course I'll learn some of her hobbies!"

In my head, her nose looked as if it's extending to the skies due to her proudness.

"Is that so.."

'Hee? That's my first time seeing you like that.'

Little Xue-! I'm getting attacked both sides!

"See you later, Ms. Alina."

I used my [36 Heavenly Constellation Steps] to teleport right in one of the hallways where the pressure test were used to be held. I gave the other guest room that I used to stay to the two that I saved earlier. I did this so that I can at least borrow some of their strength when it comes to fighting off zergs.

When we escape, they won't be a young miss and a young master anymore; they'll be my helpers to prevent this world's destruction.

'Why? I'm not that experienced when it comes to romance.'

'Really? But the Heavenly Sovereign is very adapt in romance.'

'No, no, don't compare him to me! He's someone who has 8 wives! He's a playboy, I tell you.'

I rebuked Little Xue just as I arrived here. That Heavenly Sovereign.. is truly something else.

'Is that so? But having multiple wives is completely normal for the strong.'

Suddenly, Xiao Song asked me this question.

'It's them; I am different.'

'Master is different?'

'Yes. I.. I think that it's not fine to have another lover when you already have a lover that loves you dearly.'

Perhaps its just my modern day morals, but from the moment that I confessed to Aria, I decided that I'll only be for her. I can see that she loves me dearly to the point of blind trust, so why wouldn't I completely dedicate myself to her?

I and the Heavenly Sovereign is different. He is he; I am me. Moreover, this is also what I've did back in my past life. That's why I am so proud of my past life self.

'Master's beliefs is different, I see.'

I sat down in this marble floor for a while. It wasn't until after 2 hours had passed did I return to Aria's guest room. Just as I am about to knock, I felt a sense of danger. It is the "Perilous" danger that I would sense 30 minutes before something big happens.

I stood in place for a while, accepting the information that I received just now. I committed my full concentration towards understanding this information and creating plans for it. Of course, I activated my [Decisiveness].

When I opened my eyes and exited my full concentration state, I saw Aria looking at me from inside the room. Of course, she wore a jacket this time, maybe it's to hide her embarrassment from earlier.

I didn't know when, but she must've opened the door after sensing my presence. It's just that I didn't notice her due to my previous state.

"Aria?"

"E-eh? Lugh?"

She seems to have been in a daze until now. I wondered as to why, but I proceeded to explain what will happen first.

"Aria, I'm sorry if you've just awakened, but we'll need to fight."

"Fight?"

"Yes. We're leaving this planet filled with horrendous monsters."

"Fight.. I'll finally be of help to you.."

"What do you mean? you've helped me a lot until now."

"Really?"

"Just by being with me, I feel like I can do anything!"

"I-is that so?"

Her face reddened as she heard what I've said. Wait, I forgot to deactivate [Decisiveness], so I spoke out my honest feelings without a trace of embarrassment?

I will keep [Decisiveness] as it is for now.

"You two.. There's no time for flirting."

"F-flirting? No, Master-!"

"You ARE flirting. Anyways, I felt something foreign trying to squeeze itself into the world. The world even showed its blatant rejection towards it."

"The plan accelerated by 7 days? It's strange, but the most important thing is that the barrier will disappear."

When that happens, the decisive battle would start. Deaths would be frequent in such a battle. That's why-!

'I will not let you suffer the same fat as our past lives. No matter how many times I die, I will make you happy.'

My resolve burned even more fiercely this time.

28