Chapter 87: Escape [2]
584 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at the invisible barrier in the sky, the man beside Laurent clicked his tongue.

"Do you really believe him? If we were just fooled by him, more companions of us will die."

The man stated calmly, albeit some disguised anger seeped out of him.

"We have no choice. Rather than just stay here and get finished off by those 'zergs' slowly, I'd rather take the gamble."

"Laurent!"

"If you don't want to join, then don't."

"Damn it! Since when did we leave our lives in the hands of a stranger?"

"You comrades. Think which is better, Wells."

Similar to Lugh's expectations, no Demigod acted like a third-rate villain from a novel. As they've reached the Demigod rank for hundreds of years, they had the corresponding wisdom and insight to match it up.

In fact, their leaders already met up, and they've all arrived at the same conclusion: Most of Lugh's words are trustable, but there must be some lies mixed in. There's also the probability of truths hidden by him.

With that said, they've already come up with some kind of countermeasures in regards to this. Only, they've said it through the use of secret codes; after all, there's a Deity Realm's spirit here.

Though, what they didn't know is that the Dragon Race of the other world used this kind of code in the past. More importantly, Lugh had absorbed the knowledge of it long ago. This also served as a confirmation that the two worlds have many constant points.

He's the only one who had successfully completed this part of the study since there hasn't been anyone else who has been able to do world travel besides Lugh. Not even the strongest Deity Realm Combatants did.

After recalling the meeting earlier, Wells regained his confidence in making it out alive with his teammates.

"Let's start."

Lugh, with his Mental Power, said it to the combatants present. It's been only a minute since they went out plus the fact that Alina had exhausted the inheritance ground's remaining power to give stealth to them. There are no light pillars that appeared this time, too.

'Leaders should always take the initiative.. That's why I didn't want to become one back in school.'

Lugh thought so as he flew alongside the leading Demigods. Meanwhile, Aria is behind him. With his Master's protection, he's confident that they still have many options left against the potential betrayers and the zergs.

Lugh didn't forget what happened in the nest back when he was just a C Rank.

'Now!'

Lugh threw out the [Peace Bombs] towards the winged-zergs and their aerial mechanical tools such as detection tools and artilleries.

"What's-"

Zoom!

The 7-layered magic circles flashed before explosions wreaked havoc in the sky. The explosion produced 7 lights, signifying the Elemental Spells engraved in it.

"7-elements?! How is this possible?!"

"What the f.."

Some expressed their shock, but they quickly recovered and flew towards the place of the explosions before even the lights cleared up.

"Kuk!"

"Enemy-"

What Lugh threw out is a batch of SSS+ Ranked [Peace Bombs]. That means the Demigods were only slightly injured by it. Still, they got attacked by surprise before they could even react.

"Die! Die! Die!"

"Az! Stop!"

"Fuck these fuckers! They.. they killed-!"

One of Wells' teammates couldn't control his rage and stabbed the Demigod zerg with his spear multiple times.

"She wouldn't want you to die with not even a soul left behind! When you get stronger-"

'You can take her soul back.' is what Wells wanted to say before his teammate's body and soul are cut into pieces. With that, his soul dissipated; there was no more hope of revival.

"Fuck!"

"Strange. How did you attack when the barrier's about to disappear?"

The one who said that is a cyborg zerg who looks like a grasshopper. With 4 metallic arms on each side, he looks like that certain character who used 8 beam sabers.

Zoom!

In an instant, Lugh threw out 5 SSS+ Rank [Peace Bombs] to this guy. He told Wells to stay put for a second before he did so, thus avoiding friendly fire.

Taking the opportunity, Wells launched an attack on it. His black halberd overflowed with Bloodline power as he slashed at it multiple times.

Clang!

Before he could even cut the third arm, the cyborg zerg finally reacted, blocking the halberd with 6 gold-colored beam sabers. He reacted by activating his Embryonic Domain.

"It's you?"

The cyborg zerg's attention is on Lugh. Seeing the guy who could escape from 5 Demigods when his estimated realm is at Law Realm, he took interest in him.

"You dare ignore me!"

A black dragon phantom appeared behind him as he struck with his halberd a couple more times. Sadly, none of the attacks seem to work.

'His energy output! Pay attention to short power bursts! Escape when I tell you.'

'Fine.'

Anger filled his voice, but he still managed to hold it in for the sake of his comrades, who are like a family to him.

After some time, the aforementioned power burst finally happened. The light on the beam saber became a couple of times thicker before slashing at Wells.

"[Protect]!"

A gold-red barrier appeared in front of Wells, effectively blocking the attack. Since he poured in a good amount of Mana and Bloodline Power to his barrier due to Lugh's advice, he did so.

'Let's go!'

Wells moved back to his comrades before enveloping them in his Domain.

"Wells! Let's do the trick!"

"Alright!"

3 more Demigods activated their Domains, overlapping with Wells' domain. It now has a great increase of power thanks to it.

It's only made possible if it had been done many times, plus that they're very close enough.

'I should try that out with Lugh next time.'

Aria thought so as she beheaded a zerg with a clean strike. Now that her traits are even higher than Lugh's, her current power is enough to fight beside him.

"We'll try that next time."

Lugh said so in their communication channel. It is encrypted and couldn't be eavesdropped on by anyone else.

"Un!"

Meanwhile, Lugh is battling zergs with his pure basic sword attacks. When he upgraded Xiao Song and Little Xue, he upgraded his current rank to SS- Rank as well. It wasn't big of a change compared to when he first stepped into the Law Realm, but it's a huge improvement as well.

Now, his enhanced rank is now at SSS- Rank.

'Upgrade.'

With a thought, he upgraded his rank to SS Rank. Thanks to this killing spree, he earned more than 400M EXP, enough to upgrade his rank by one.

An inexplicable feeling washed over his body as he sensed the changes that came along with it.

'Now.. Is it possible, Xiao Song?'

'You now have a higher chance of winning, Master.'

"Aria, I'll take care of something very important, can you wait for me here?"

"Nn."

Seeing his confidence, Aria chose to trust him. She already knew his revival ability more than a year ago, so she chose to believe in him this time. Lugh knew best that he shouldn't hide these things from his lover, thus he revealed it to her before. It'll be troublesome to explain when he tries to sacrifice himself to save her in the future. She might even sacrfice her life if that misunderstanding existed, thus he made sure for that to not happen.

'It's fine if I die, but it shouldn't happen to Aria. Never.' or so he thought.

Though, they talked before that if he dies, she'll take his body and switch to Plan B. Still, she couldn't help getting slightly worried for him.

"I have that thing that Master gave me, so don't worry."

"Nn.."

After receiving her affirmation, Lugh flew towards the cyborg zerg earlier.

28