Chapter 115: Without a Hitch [3]
396 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I found out that we escaped from the zergs, I wanted to celebrate inwardly that we can finally go back without a hitch, but seeing this fellow world traverser, I felt like our return is destined to be filled with obstacles.

"Sigh, I guess I'll help him out."

I planned to help not only for good reasons. even Deities and Half-Creators couldn't bypass the distance between 2 Worlds, but this guy, a single soul, did?

I would be lying if I say that I'm not interested.

I walked towards a staff room, the place where he is getting beaten to death.

***

"Stupid dog!"

"Huk..."

"Out of all ships that you can mess up, it's the Planet Lord's!"

In this small room filled with communication devices, 4 men are present. Three of them are kicking another guy who is on the floor.

Blood covered the entirety of his body, proof of how much he was beaten up.

At this rate, he would be beaten to death.

"I.. didn't do.. it.. Kuk!"

Air left his lungs as he got kicked in the stomach once more.

"Huh?! You still don't admit it?!"

"Trash. Don't blame others!"

'I really didn't do it.'

The man, Vaune, thought so.

"You still have a younger sister, right? Don't worry, I'll 'help' her live after you die."

The leading potbellied man told him. That instant, unbridled anger filled his heart.

"YOU!!!"

He condensed a palm made out of mental power and aimed at him.

Sadly, the other party is vastly more powerful than him. He only summoned a single transparent barrier before that palm disintegrated.

"You dare!"

Puk-!

The potbellied man punched his head directly, causing Vaune to almost faint. Still, he remained awake due to his sheer willpower.

The potbellied man directly grabbed his hair, lifting his bloodied head up in the air.

"Now that you're dying, there's no harm in telling you."

He smirked as confidence oozed in his body. He placed his mouth near his ear, enough for Vaune to hear his whisper.

"I'm the done who did everything. You'll take the blame while I take your sister!"

With that single sentence, Vaune hesitated no longer. He gathered every single ounce of power in his body as he hugged that potbellied man.

"You-What are you doing?!"

He screamed in surprise as he found out that Vaune will self-destruct!

"GET HIM AWAY FROM ME!"

His crooks started pulling Vaune away from him, but to no avail. He made sure not to let his arms separate, no matter what the cause. He decisively pierced many holes in his hands and grasped them more tightly.

With his specially-made knuckles, he didn't let go of him as his flesh tore.

"AHHH!"

The potbellied man shouted in hysteria after seeing that death is no longer away from him. His crooks didn't pull Vaune further as they tried to get away from him.

'Goodbye, new world. It's been fun in the last 16 years.'

Just as he was about to explode, a terrifying power swept by, thereby freezing everyone in this room. Vaune is no exception, as his self-destruction sequence was directly paused.

"Hm. Unimaginably strong willpower."

A man with an average appearance appeared in front of the door. Even though he is, by all means, average-looking, the vibe that he gave off isn't 'normal'.

The light that gives hope just by looking at it. The gentleness that gives comfort just by being near to it. The coldness distances it from every else, but it always manages to stand out.

Most would like to make friends with him, but no one can come closer.

That's the vibe that he's giving off.

'I couldn't remember someone this outstanding back from the memories of my past life. He must've died here.' Lugh thought.

Even as his flesh was torn, he didn't care. He did everything he could just to save his sister from this abominable monster.

"An outstanding genius."

Lugh delicately controlled his Peak Shedding Stage Mental Power, just enough to put everyone else besides Vaune in a comma. He had done it so delicately to the point that no one would think of this as outside interference.

Immediately, those men all lost consciousness, with no hope of waking up again in this life.

As the potbellied man fell to the ground, he brought along Vaune and caused him to fall over, worsening his severe wounds.

"Kuk!"

"Wait."

Lugh got closer to him and started to remove his fingers from his hands one by one. As he did that, Vaune shouted in pain.

Blood dripped on the floor, but no one cared. After his fingers were pulled from the holes, Lugh finally saw the gore perfectly.

Each of his hands is shallow, as if someone punched 5 holes, then pulled it sideways. Some flesh is missing on each of Vaune's hands, allowing someone to see through his hands through those holes.

'He surely is cruel to both himself and his enemies.'

Lugh used his [Life Control] to heal him from those wounds. Life elements started gathering to him before Vaune's wounds started healing.

His missing flesh grew as well, lessening the injuries that he'd received.

While he gathered those Life Elements, Lugh started cleaning up the mess in this room. He froze all the blood, separated it from the floor, and burnt it thoroughly with a concentrated light beam.

Now, this room is perfectly clean, just like before. It didn't take long for Vaune to fully heal and recover enough to pay attention to the events that happened before him.

"T-thank you."

"Hm."

To that, Lugh just nodded. He closed his eyes and paid attention to the information he had received from his surroundings.

After he opened his eyes, he instructed Vaune to move those guys, making them look like they'd collapsed from work.

He understood this perfectly, thus his gratitude to this unknown stranger who helped him grew even more.

"Do you... want to go home?"

"What do you-"

He stopped talking after he heard his next words.

"Aquamarine."

He stopped thinking after hearing a familiar, yet unfamiliar name of his home world. His eyes widened in surprise as his blood ran faster in his body than before.

"I'll do anything for you! As long as I... can go home."

He knelt down and banged his face on the floor.

"Anything?"

"Anything. Except-"

"Your sister? That's fine. I'm not similar to that human trash right there."

This day, Lugh gained a very reliable subordinate.

21