Chapter 1 — The Last Day
267 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

Hey hey, and welcome to my fourth story, Lunar Chaos. I hope you will like it, and please, if you see any typos or have tips for me, leave a comment. A fair warning, this story is R-18. There will be blood, death, and other gruesome stuff.

Anyway, enjooooy~

 

Arc 1 — Dark Rift

 

Chapter 1 — The Last Day

 

A sleepy yawn sounded in the darkened room. The light that shone through the blinds was just enough so that one could see the outlines of the objects around. It wasn't a big room, but it was sufficient. Some people would say it was way too cramped to be comfortable, but it was enough for the girl lying in bed. She loved it to be surrounded by her shelves filled with countless books which genres were all mixed up. Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Maerchen, Myths, Guidebooks, Textbooks, Historical, Horror, Romance, Thriller, etceteraReading was one of her few passions, like drawing and gaming. At least those were the ones that other people knew about. If anyone had looked more carefully, they would have found more, but that was something that nobody would ever do—looking at her sincerely. 

Another yawn broke the deafening silence anew, and the girl who was curled up in her blankets slowly began to stir. Her unkempt blonde hair, which flowed like a bright tide from the numerous pillows, was in dire need of a comb. Yet, even if she had one, it wouldn't take too long till it was a mess again, thus the curse of thin hair. 

Suddenly, a hand shot out in the direction of the nightstand and tried to find the location of a remote. But instead of grabbing it, the hand catapulted the remote away with a swift movement. 

It was silent again for a short moment before a loud annoyed groan bellowed through the room. Seconds later, with an enervated face, the girl's head rose from under the sheets. Even an idiot could see that she was no morning person. But like everyone else who would wake up this early, she also had a reason to do so, namely morning training.  

So, without further ado, but with heavy steps, the girl went out of her bed and walked to the remote—which somehow managed to land at the other side of the room—and pressed the 'open' button. Immensely the blinds retracted themselves into the wall with a mechanical rattling, and pleasant summer light flooded the room. 

With a spin, the girl turned to her closet, took a yoga mat, and began her training. It only took around thirty minutes each day, but it was enough to stay in form, even when nobody looked at her body. Well, they had no real chance to do so anyway because her wardrobe only existed of baggy clothes, which most would describe as nerdy. Even when her jeans were fitting, they also looked worn out. That she also wore bad-looking glasses didn't help at all, yet this was all part of her plan 'Do not stand out'. Not that it really worked, though. Especially when her hair that went all the way down of her back was extraordinarily beautiful, even at its current state. Unseen by everyone, even by her family which simply forgot about it, she also used contact lenses every day to hide her right eye, which had a different color than the left. She learned early that this was the best choice to avoid bullying.

Another yawn came out of her mouth. She grabbed her clothes for today and went to the bathroom. After a long warm shower and applying some skincare, she returned to her room, prepared her bag, and went downstairs. The clanking of the tableware told her that her mom was already awake and probably preparing breakfast for the family, or rather, for her sister. A sour taste spread through her mouth when she opened the kitchen and saw that she was right. Even on her last official school day, her mom only worried about her sister. Thinking back, it was a foolish hope to believe that her mother would put her first for one time. It was always her sister that, her sister this. Admittedly, she was a genius. Yes, Seraphine was something else when it came to music, art, and math. So, of course, she would get a lot of attention from all over the country, no, from all over the world. Her sister was a rare gem whilst the girl was only an ordinary pebble—at least in the eye of others. The girl sighed and walked inside.

"Oh, Lisi, already awake? Didn't expect you to be up so early; how come?" asked her mother. 

She rolled her eyes. They already had this conversation at least a dozen times this year, and her mother always forgot it after a while. Lisica, or how her mother always called her, Lisi, didn't even bother anymore to answer it and only walked up to the fridge to get some milk for some cornflakes. Some people would expect her mother to ask again after receiving no answer, but not Lisica's mother. She already forgot about her firstborn child and went back to preparing a delicious meal for Seraphine. After getting the milk, she took a bowl from the cupboard, filled it with flakes and milk, and sat down at the table, which was so packed that there was hardly any space for her.  

"Be careful," admonished her mom, "Sera likes it when the table is decorated like this, and she has an important concert today, so be sure to be nice to her, okay? Gosh, it's too bad that you can't come with us today because of your...school trip?" 

"Mom, I already told you that this is no school trip but a prom to celebrate those who passed the Abitur. We get our certificate and celebrate afterward," corrected Lisica, slightly annoyed.

"Oh, right. Anyway, don't be too late at home then, so you can congratulate Sera after the concert on her performance, okay?" 

Lisi rolled her eyes again and only nodded. There was no point in telling her more or even asking if she would like to at least come at one point. She would obviously say 'No'. Occasionally, Lisica was still saddened about her mother's behavior, but it only became another routine of her daily life after all this time. Still, she asked herself what would have happened if she had sometimes taken exams and the like seriously. But at the same time, she knew that this wasn't simply her. School bored the hell out of her, so she never even considered putting extra time into things she wasn't interested in. The consequence was that people never saw her real talent and only looked at her with scorn. They blamed her for being an eyesore for her sister, for ruining her reputation gradually, the weather, their own mistakes, etcetera—you got the gist. Many even laughed at Lisica for her age. At twenty-one, she was the oldest among her peers by two years. Most of the other graduates were only eighteen or nineteen. The reason for that age difference was that Lisi's family often moved, and at one point, a school insisted that she had to repeat a year. This, plus her late enrollment into the first grade and her early birthdate, caused her to be the oldest in the entire school. 

Another sigh left her mouth after she finished eating. A glance at the clock told Lisi that she needed to go, at least when she wanted to avoid those bullies. 

"Whyever they made this shitty day mandatory, even for those who passed. It absolutely makes no sense. We will only sit around for the whole day and listen to stuff that 'will' prepare us for the outside world," mumbled Lisica grudgingly. She just wanted everything to be over, to finally be free and leave this rotten city. For a short moment, she suppressed a tear.

"'m going," she told her mother and put the dirty dishes into the sink. With a swift movement, she took her bag and left the house. It was still only a little bit after six o'clock, and not many young people were on the way. For her, it was the perfect time to go to school. She could stroll in total leisure, enjoying the fresh morning air without worrying about anything. In moments like these, she felt like a different person, a happier person. But she also knew that the dread of the people inside the school would come nearer with every step she took. 

School, it was weird to call the place a school. Yeah, for everyone else, it might have looked like one, but for her, it was more an assembly of supernatural misfits. Nowhere else did she see so many beings that looked like humans but weren't. There were beasts, wolves, werewolves, sirens, harpies, and many others. Most of them had their little cliques and always kept among themselves; others were a bit more open and had mixed groups. Unnecessary to say that many power struggles held place inside of the school. Who was allowed to go to that toilet around the corner? Which part of the cafeteria belonged to whom? Stupid territorial bullshit. Still, most of the student body were humans but nonetheless part of a particular monster group. Those lucky souls lived in the bliss of their own ignorance. But why was she the only one there who could see them? One might think it was because of her unique eye, but it wasn't; she tested it. So sadly, she saw things that she didn't want to, and at one point, she stared perhaps a little bit too extensively and attracted the attention of the worst group, the 'cheerleader wolf club'. They weren't cheerleaders, but she called them that cause those girls were just stupidly beautiful. Maybe a special breed, she thought deprecatingly. 

They were the reason why she would go to school this early in the morning. Over the years, she learned how to avoid them with eminent success. Yet on the other side, it also meant that they were way crueler when they managed to catch her. It was a back and forth, but in the end, they always won. So Lisica was happy that this would be the last day she had to stay vigilant. A small smile spread over her face, and her mind filled with all the beautiful experiences that would await her after today. Finally, she could plan a life, hopefully as far away as possible.

But as she turned the last corner to her school and was about to walk through the massive open steel gate, which guided into the large atrium, a group of young girls appeared from behind the stone walls, in which the gate was embedded.

"Oh my, who do we have here, girls? Isn't that Sika, trying to get into the school building before everyone else? What reason could this poor deer possibly have for this weird, weird behavior?" said a tall, gorgeous woman with shoulder-length firey hair. Her make-up looked perfect, and her clothes screamed 'designed by a top brand'; she was by far the most angelic-looking girl in the group until you saw her smile and this devilish glimmer in her eyes. 

Lisica stopped instantly and cursed her damned luck. Why today, why on this final day. I don't want to, please no, she thought, and her heart began to beat like crazy in anxiety.

The girl stepped forward, "My Deer, There is no reason for you to be so antsy; we're not gonna eat ya. We just want some fun with you on our last day." 

Her mind screamed to run, but before she could move, she felt a heavy punch in her stomach, and her vision began to blacken. 

 

Thanks for reading!

 

This story will be released once a week. If you want more information bout this or one of my other stories, the schedule plan is on my profile.

 

If you like this story, consider reading one of my other stories ^.^

 

9