41. Helen Parr
2.5k 8 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You did WHAT!!!"

Violet called her house using a bedside landline phone. She explained all that happened to her from being to end and what she received from the other end was a loud exclamation from her mother.

"Who do you ask before deciding this Vi?"

Helen on the other side of the phone was angry about the fact that Violet didn't even consult this big decision with anyone.

"Mom sorry, But at that moment I didn't have any time to consult with anyone, Please let him stay at our house mom, I don't ask anything else, please."

Violet know what she did was wrong but she didn't regret it, She just now have to convince her mother to let Max stay.

"You want me to let some stranger live in our house? Vi, do you know how dangerous that will be? What if he found out our secret? Go and tell him that he can't stay at our house Now!!"

Helen did not have it, If their family was normal like others, she didn't have any problem, Violet, helping out her classmate. Unfortunately, Their family is not normal, She can't put her family in danger for some stranger.

"Mom, I literally force him to stay at our house, I can't do this to him now, please mom I promise nothing bad will happen, I swear."

Violet became anxious, She didn't consider this fact when she made the decision but she can't back down now. So she going to use any means necessary to make Helen agree to let Max stay.

"No means no young lady."

Helen didn't fall for violet's pestering, She can't take this huge risk just on her word. 

"Mom, You keep saying we are normal, we have to act normal, live life as an ordinary person but now I am trying to be live as an ordinary girl, The why you are stopping me *Sniff*, Aren't it's normal to help a friend in need?"

"But-"

"But what mom? I didn't have any friends in school, I am an outcast here, No one wants to talk with me because they think I am weird, and now that I finally made a friend, You want me to destroy this friendship,  You do understand that, after I do this to him than what happened to me at school, right? That would be my social death."

"Vi listen-"

"Listen, I am not always listening to you? Our family is the reason I don't have any friends, You know that right? I am still okay with that because I understand we have to do that but after doing all of that can't I be selfish for once? Don't I also deserve to be happy? Answer me, mom."

Violet goes all out, She used all the things she can use to make Helen agree to her demand.

"*Sigh* Ok but if anything goes wrong you will be responsible for it."

Helen finally give in, Although she knew that Violet was acting but she feel her pain in those words, She can feel her, It's hard to be in a place like high school without having any friends, Her mother's heartaches and she agreed to let Max stay in their house.

"Really!!! Thank you, mom, You are great, I love you *Muahaa*"

Violet broke her character when she gets permission from Helen, She even kisses her on phone in excitement.

"Yeah, Ok you don't have to butter me up but remember it's going to work only this time, Next time don't even think of playing emotional games."

Helen didn't let Violet know but she was happy, It's been year's when last time Violet said "I love you" to her. So after some small talk, they hang up and decided to meet in front of the school gate in half an hour.

"Is your foot feeling okay?"

After half an hour Max comes back to the nurse's office with his bags. He didn't go home to take these, he just buys these from the system, He also called his house to notify his parents that he will be staying at his friend's house for a couple of days, So they will not be worried about him and mess his plan.

"Yeah it's ok, it's not hurting as much."

Violet has little blush on her face, She still felt its a dream to be cared for by Max.

"Oh yeah, my mom might already be at a gate waiting for us, we should hurry up."

Violet actually made excuse here, If Helen was already at the school gate, she will come to pick her up knowing she was injured, but if that happened Max didn't have to help her which is she was very unwilling to give up.

"Ok, Let's go"

Max stretch his hand towards violet, Violet held it firmly, and with its support stand up from the bed.

"Can you walk or should I-?"

"No no, I can walk"

Before Max complete his question Violet answered him, Although she is unwilling to give up Max's tenderness, But she felt very shy to be lifted in the princess hug by Max in front of the whole school.

"No, I mean it didn't hurt that much now, So you don't have to do bother it, You also have these bags to carry with it."

Violet realizes that her words will sound rude to Max, So she quickly explains it to him in fear of him getting angry.

"Okay, Let's go, we should not let auntie wait too long."

Max supported Violet with one hand and carried out his luggage in another hand and walked towards the main gate.

"Are you alright Violet?"

Worried Helen's voice reverberated in both of their ears. Max and Violet looked in the direction where the voice comes from, Helen was just getting ready to get out of the car just as violet predicted.

"I am okay mom, Let me introduce you to my...friend Max, Max this is my mother."

Violet and Max come to her car and Violet first assures Helen that she is alright and then introduced Max to her, She little hesitant to call Max's friend because they just meet but still said to convince her mom.

"Hey, Auntie, Sorry for bothering you, I've been in your care for a few days."

Max politely greeted her and stretched his hand in a friendly gesture.

"It's not a problem, Don't worry about it."

Helen also politely responded to his gesture.

After greeting, Max put luggage in the trunk and he goes to sit on the front seat and violet sits in the back seat, While Helen goes back to the driving seat.

"Hey, are you Violet's "friend"?"

Dash tap on Max's shoulder, He was curious why this handsome guy is with Violet. Helen also looked at Max with the corner of her eyes, She also has the same question.

When she first saw Max, She captivated by his charms, Thats why she didn't ask any more questions, She was afraid she will be lost in his beauty. Now that Dash asked what she wanted to ask she also want med to hear an answer. 

It's not that she is curious about if they are girlfriend & boyfriend, but she was curious about why men like Max hang out with her daughter, That's right she didn't think Violet can be Max's girlfriend because he is too out of reach for her.

"Dash Shut-up!!"

Violet jumped on Dash as if someone stepped on her tail. She was very embarrassed right now, But there was also little expectation about something that even she didn't know.

"Yes, I am her friend and who might you be little guy."

Max answered eloquently and asked him questions in return, although he knows who he is but from the current Max perceptive he just met them.

"Uhm My name is Dash and I am not little."

Dash answered quickly while fighting with Violet.

"If we are not with the mom, I will show it to you who is a little guy here Ohh-"

Dash muttered this under his breath but it didn't escape from Violet's sharp ears initiating another fight.

*Giggle*

"Oh yeah, meet this little guy, His name is Jack-Jack."

In the middle of their fight, Jack-Jack giggled, Which successfully captured Dash's attention, So he pick him from the children's seat and held it in front of Max to show it to him.

"Hello, Jack-Jack, nice to meet you, my name is Max. I am in your care from now on."

Max take him from Dash and held him high in front of him.

"???"

Jack-Jack just tilted his head in confusion.

"Hahahahah, Sorry sorry Max but you don't have to be this formal and nervous in front of us."

Helen burst out laughing, She can see that Max was nervous around them, He even talk to the baby formally. So she confronted him and told him to relax but she didn't realize that her guard f

against Max also vanished unknowingly, When she saw his interaction with Jack-Jack.

"Yeah, brother Max you don't have to be formal, Hahaha"

Dash also chimed into the conversation.

"You shouldn't talk when adults are talking Dash. Also, Max, you don't have to be this formal with us."

Violet held Dash's mouth shut, While also telling the same thing.

The tense atmosphere in the car vanished after this incident. Max didn't give Jack-Jack back and held him in his arms for the whole journey because every time he tries to give it back he started crying, So, in the end, Helen suggested that Max should hold it.

So the Parr family and Max reach their destination, In the whole journey, Max was speaking and laughing together with Parr's siblings even Helen chimed in from time to time and laughed with them.

"He likes you, Max, Normally he doesn't sleep like that in a stranger's arms."

After Helen parked her car in the driveway, She looked at Jack-Jack who was sleeping in the arms of Max, and couldn't able to say these words.

"I am quite good with a kid because I had experience handling kids of my cousins."

Max just bullshiting, He and his cousin were blood enemies, It's good that they don't make plans to kill each other much less give their kids to let him handle. Jack-Jack acting like this totally because of the "Children's Hero" Title showing its effect.

"That reminds me, System why title effect visible on Helen and Violet?"

Max asked this question to the system because there is no indication that his title working on them. Specifically Helen because of "Milf hunter, "Motherfucker" & "Incest Duo" She should be like bitch in heat right now but other than a bit of blush on her face, she seems normal.

[Host, During words mission title effect, is reduced to half for targeted women's.]

System explained to Max but Max still has some questions because even if the effect reduces to half it will be not this low.

"This is because your titles are all non-ranked, They will work fine on average persons but for someone with strong strength and powerful mind, their effect will be reduced. This Helen Aka miss Incredible has strong power and a strong mental state, which is helping her to resist the effect of the title, and Violet power also has a shielding effect, Which is supplementing her weak mental states. You should try to upgrade your titles."

Before the system explain Eve jumped in and explained Max.

"Max let me hold him, You take care of those bags, I will take you to your room."

Helen breaks Max's conversation with Eve. Max decided he will later ask Eve ways to upgrade Titles.

"Ok, Auntie, I will follow you."

Max handed oversleeping Jack-Jack to Helen and take out his bags from car trunks. Then he follows her with his luggage in his hands.

"Wait, Max, I introduce house to you after you put your luggage in your room."

Violet also runs after both of them seemingly feeling proud that she find a very proper excuse.

(A/N: Sorry for the delay, We have to admit my father again to the hospital for a kidney problem. (I request you to all that you guys pray for his well-being.)

Titles have their effect on Jack-Jack because although he is strong he doesn't have control over his power and his mind is also very weak (Inoccent) and titles' effect is not reduced on him.

 

By the way in the current timeline, they only have landlines for common peoples, Also Helen calls Violet "Vi(Why)" as a nickname.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.)

34