S1E3 – Into The Unknown [#22 The House]
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takemura Itsuki

“Someone’s gotta fuck this guy, man!” I commented as I shockingly looked at the three wolves running at us at a wild pace. They were as big as us, and by then were just below the valley, a dozen steps away from this house, when I turned to Haruto and shouted, “We gotta run inside!” He was frozen, again. I shook his shoulder. “Haruto! Haruto!”

His body trembled for a second and then he turned his head at me. “W-Wha—”

“Let’s run inside!” I shouted, held his right arm tightly, and then started running to my left, where the small entry door was present at the right far corner. I ran towards it at full speed, with Haruto following me as he ran. Suddenly, the walls behind us broke down and the small pieces dashed inside the house as we both ran. Haruto turned his head back as I ran. He looked at the broken pieces of the bricks coming in, with the grey-brown figure just in between them. It braked its legs, turned right, and looked at us with its fiery eyes. Another one jumped onto from the top of the wall and then landed just on the right of the first one, some steps further. The third one came inside that same broken entrance, and turned right onto us. “Grrrr…” They all growled at once as they looked at us running. I reached the door, stood there, and started panting as I quickly pushed down the handle and then pushed open the door. I entered inside, and then Haruto too quickly entered inside. He turned back quickly as I panted with my hands on my knees and he closed the door. He turned his head up at the latch and pushed it up, closing the door. He took in a breath with his mouth, and exhaled. “Man…” I commented. Then, I angrily added, “Why does this guy have to test us so much?!”

Haruto sat on the ground—his back facing the door—took breaths in and out, and then turned his head up at me and replied, “Well, now I think I won’t mind fucking a guy if it’s this same guy.”

I turned my head down at him as I breathed in and out with my bent back, and then threw out a laugh or two. With a smile, I replied, “Man, that’s crazy.”

“I sometimes destroy things myself, I suppose,” Haruto replied as he closed his eyes, smiled, and turned his head down.

“Sometimes…”

Haruto then turned his head up, his smile disappeared, and I straightened my back too as I looked at him. “Are you sure they won’t come inside?”

“I… suppose they can, if they want to,” I replied, and then turned my head back. I accessed the surroundings as I scanned the room. I looked at the drawing room in front of us. It was spacious, and it had a gold-colored sofa-set in between, along with a TV set in front of it, on our left. I then turned right, and looked at the long corridor beside us. “I guess it’s a house or something, but… it’s awful.”

“Yeah,” He replied. “Who drew its blueprint?”

“Someone from this world, maybe,” I replied. Then, I turned my head front again, and looked at the dark room again. I stepped inside, and then turned my head right and left as I entered. There was a kitchen on the right corner of the room. It was an open kitchen, and the one outside can see the whole worktop which surrounded the little box-like space. On the left corner of the kitchen worktop was an opening that connected the kitchen from the drawing room. On its right side, on the right corner of the room, was an open door. I walked towards it slowly. The sound of my patter filled the whole room as I quietly and stealthily walked through the room, the sofa-set just on my left. I stood in front of it, just some steps away, and walked to it. I turned my head right, and looked inside the whole room. There was a bed at the center of the room, connected to the wall on the right, like facing the kitchen. I then stepped back, and turned left. There was another door just adjacent to the first one. I pushed it open, and looked inside. Another bed, facing the right side of me, this time, was kept there. Those beds looked like they were made by hands. They had no finishing and no curves. Just wood collected to form a cuboid. I then turned left, and looked at the wall beside the TV. “This TV seems so… odd…” I commented. I looked at the big LED screen fit on the house, and then turned left on the sofa-set, where on the other side of the set stood Haruto, looking at me noticing things.

“It looks like a mix of both new and old.”

“That’s because we were not able to recreate every damn thing, kid,” The same robotic voice replied.

“Assi—”

“Oops! I was not allowed to say anything.”

“Assistant?!” Haruto shouted again as he turned his head right and left.

“E-Even the logo is not visible this time,” I said as I looked at Haruto. “D-Does that mean that… he-he’s observing our steps, but… secretly?”

“GRAWRISHFDJHFHSIIJD!” The grumbling of those wolves reached our ears and our eyes turned wide. Haruto turned backward at the door and walked outside. He turned his head rightward, at the corridor, and then walked to it. I looked at him walk outside for a second, and then I suspiciously walked around the sofa set to the door. I entered the corridor, turned right, and looked at him watching outside from the first window. He stood some two steps away from the window as the growling and grumbling of those wolves started to get larger and larger. Haruto was shocked and frozen where he stood as he looked at the window. I stepped towards him suspiciously. My shoe pattered on the ground. I then stepped at him again. And then again. I stood just a step away from him as I glared into his frozen and shocked eyes. I then turned my head rightwards at the window. “Oooooooh shit…”

In front of us, outside the window, some steps back, a large wave of wolves was trying to get to us. They all were struggling and growling and they fought their way, only to be held back by some kind of strong invisible wall just a step away from our main house. “W-What’s going on here?” Haruto asked worriedly.

“I hope I knew…”

1