CH 53: IDLE
2k 5 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rest of the week after this fell into a sort of simple rhythmic situation. As Basara slowly got his marks.

During recess, he would generally spend time alone with Koneko. After Lucia told him what kind of food the girl liked, Basara made it a point to always make some of it personally for her. Lucia had been outraged at the idea of letting him work regularly like this but relented when he allowed her to pamper him as much as she wished.

Her erotic way of pampering was always a sight to see and the day they bathed in a fountain of chocolate with her and Asia was something he would never forget.

Coming back to school, Koneko as the glutton she was fell hook and sinker for his food. After all, while he was far from Lucia's level, he was still a pretty good cook and Koneko knew he was cooking for her.

During this week, she had even taken the habit of sitting on his lap while he feed her or patted her head. Clearly, she was slowly trusting him more and Basara was more than happy that his actions weren't going to waste.

Basara slowly begins to know and understand more about the girl called Koneko, she even told him about her true name.

Shirone.

A name he found to be far more beautiful than 'Koneko', he still couldn't believe Rias gave her such a simple name. After all, Koneko simply means Kitten. Giving her this name was like giving a simple pet name to an animal she was raising. Her naming sense was obviously not the best.

The only reason he didn't call her by her true name was that he knew that she still had wounds deep in her heart and he wouldn't let his personal feelings affect her in any negative way if possible.

But the name Toujou on the other hand…Knowing that this name and the story behind it somehow helped Koneko fight back against despair made his impression of Rias which had dropped a little, rise back once again.

Rias certainly had a bad naming sense and lacked much in common sense, but she was a girl with her heart in her hand and she took care of all the members of her family. Be it her blood-related family or her peerage.

Aside from Koneko, he would also sometime spend time with Maria and surprisingly Mio. The girl had finally decided to come back to school and the three of them were all in the same year.

Maria as always was a little mischievous imp and a succubus down to the marrow. She would never miss a moment in trying to seduce him or tease him. 

Had Basara not received the same treatment from Lucia, he would have been in for some awkward moment, to say the least.

As for Mio, the two of them had become quite friendly. He generally ignored the strange look Mio sometime sent him, chalking it up to her being unused to their relationship. Finding out that you had a cousin out of her was always pretty weird.

During those moments, Basara would inquire about the Gremory family as a whole, and the more he heard, the happier he was.

The Gremory family was quite tight and loving, something they were even renowned for. Which in the way was sad—it showed how the devil world truly was, since simply being too kind there made you something special.

Of course, outside of being very kind, the Gremory was also very rich and influential. Not only was it because Sirzech was the Lucifer, but also because they were related to Zekram Bael.

But this wasn't all. Mio had shared a secret with him no one outside of the Gremory and a few old devils knew.

Runeas Gremory [1] was still alive.

Basara didn't know much about the woman. But his mother had once talked about her and now that he thought about it, this was pretty normal since his mother was a Gremory.

Runeas Gremory wasn't just any Gremory. She was THE Gremory. The first Gremory and was part of the first Generation devils, alongside Zekram spawned by Lilith and Lucifer. 

Officially, Runeas was said to have died during the Great War that opposed the Three factions millennia ago. But she very much survived and from what Rias said, the woman would stay in stasis to not lose her 'youthful spirit.'

A pretty odd reason if one had to say. That woman was quite mischievous it seemed.

Once his bounding time with Koneko, Mio, and Maria ended, Basara would visit the student council, which weirdly was always devoid of any one except Sona and Tsubaki. There, he would have a simple discussion about the politics of the devil world as a whole.

During those conversations, Basara would always come to respect Sona even more. While somewhat naive herself, she made up for it with her very sharp wit. Book smart and inexperienced she may be, but this did not stop her from developing her own wisdom and she was a woman with a goal.

She did not share it with him, clearly, the two of them were still not close enough to share such intimate information. But the distance between them was shortening and the same went with Tsubaki.

In that case, Basara could see very well that Tsubaki's interest in him was far from simply being friendly. He wasn't blind and was far from being dense to the growing emotion in her eyes.

Still, Basara hesitated to take the plunge. His current relationships were complicated enough as they were. Basara wanted the input of Lucia and Asia in this matter and decided that he would get it once he formed his own opinion.

Either way, Tsubaki was a very beautiful person. One on the verge of adulthood, giving her a certain attractive aura. Basara was ashamed to admit that he had sometimes had quite the disillusion with her and Sona in it.

Aside from politics, Basara would regularly get destroyed in chess by Sona. Thankfully, his skills were improving fast and her margin of error was slowly shrinking every time they played. 

From the way she looked at him when he nearly won once, he felt like she was nearly about to jump him. In a way, it seemed that Sona saw the chess play between them and their recurrent discussion as a form of courtship. 

He idly wondered what would happen if he ever won. But clearly, Sona wouldn't let it happen easily.

When the day finally ended, Basara would join the Kendo club which he joined as a full-time member.

He had been a little uncomfortable at first, being technically the only male member, but it went away fast once the girl realized he wasn't another pervert and in fact knew even more about Kendo than them. 

Once again, Basara realized that he was extremely attractive to women in general. Be it because of his appearance or whatever supernatural occurrence, that was chalked up as 'Manly dragon aura' by Ddraig. 

Unlike with Sona and Tsubaki though, the attraction wasn't mutual. The girls were beautiful, no doubt, but Basara simply couldn't fall in love with a normal woman. He shuddered at the simple thought of bringing someone normal into the supernatural world. 

The real reason Basara joined this club was for what always happened once the girls left.

Then, he and Kiba would fight against each other, tossing the rule of Kendo to the side and fighting as swordsmen, of course without using their power.

Basara realized that Kiba was a true genius and the more they fought the more impressed he was. He had already realized it with Koneko, but Rias was one extremely lucky woman.

While Kiba was still weaker and less experienced than him, fighting against him was enjoyable and helped Basara slowly wake up his instincts that were still asleep because of the long period of peace.

The two also became something akin to friends. They still had their distance, but the previously veiled hostility Kiba had for him was no more.

—-

Bang!

Kiba took a knee while breathing hard and looked up at Basara who was barely sweating, 

"You are truly strong."

He had long recognized that Basara was superior to him and simply took those fights as a way to improve himself. Which they did.

Basara gave a thin smile, 

"Thanks, I still have a long way to go and the same goes for you. Let's stop here for today."

"Huh…Why?"

They would generally fight four or five-time before stopping, Basara even once asked him if he liked getting abused to which Kiba could only laugh sheepishly. 

This time seemed different though.

Basara simply shrugged, "I want you to be rested because…I want to fight your Rias and the peerage on Sunday. The venue will be Kuoh academy. I will leave it to you to set it up."

They were currently on Friday.

Kiba's eyes narrowed, "You trained with me despite knowing I would analyze your fighting style. Are you that confident?"

"This isn't about confidence. After this, whether I win or not, there will be no excuses from either side. Right?"

Basara laughed before walking away.

'Very well, cousin, you have some intelligence about me. Do not disappoint me.' 

He wondered what kind of plan they would come up with. 

He couldn't wait.

[1] She ain't an OC. https://highschooldxd.fandom.com/wiki/Runeas_Gremory Here for those curious. Won't go into an explanation before she officially appears in my story.

-----

 Hello guys I totally revamped my Pat reon by adding six new tier. though five of those six don't concern LP. 

Now the lowest tier isn't bronze but special. it's for those who don't want to pay for two different and are only interested in one of my story (Here it's LP)

You can visit my Patr eon and see for yourself if you are interested. That's all from me.

(Patreon Perk:

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/HikaruGenji

Join my Patreon You can get up to 57 advanced chapters, 19 of SHK and 19 of Gojo, and 19 of Lustful Paradise. 

(new) SPECIAL GOJO: 4 chapters of GOJO 

(new) SPECIAL SHK: 4 chapters of SHK

(new) SPECIAL LP: 4 chapters of LP

Tier 1: 4+4 chapters of Gojo and LP

Bronze:4+4 chapters of SHK+LP

(new)C Tier: 4+4 Chapters of GOJO+SHK

Tier 2: 12+12 chapters GOJO+LP

Silver: 12+12 chapters SHK+LP

(new)B-TIER: 12+12 Chapters of GOJO+SHK

Tier 3: 14+14 chapters GOJO+LP

Gold 14+14 chapters of SHK+LP

(new)A Tier: 14+14 Chapters of GOJO+SHK

Legend: 17 chapters of SHK, 17 of Gojo, and 17 chapters of LP+ illustrations of SHK

Overlord: 19 of SHK, 19 of Gojo, and 19 chapters of LP+ illustrations. Can also ask or vote for special chapters once each month. 

Supreme: Same benefits as overlord+ right to ask for the creation of an OC(Name/Gender /Race/Power) that will be added to the story.

70