Interlude ─ The angel and the villain
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And with this we are just one step away from the end dear readers.

No doubt it was nice as always to write a volume of the cheat lord, after all this novel is to get rid of the stress of my other heavy novels, but as now I have to put plot so that you do not complain, I see that the stress will increase XD.

After ending the chaos with what happened to Klyde, the servants, knights and ministers proceeded to search for wounded.

The deceased would be given a burial and their families would be rewarded for their brave sacrifice.

As Rei searched for injured people, he encountered someone unexpected.

"Max!"

He found his cousin trying to run away.

He turned around and saw Rei.

He ran out after seeing him, Rei went after him, after grabbing him, he choked him.

"You... do you have any idea the trouble you've gotten yourself into?"

"They're treating you as his accomplice! They're going to execute you if they find you."

"... Fault."

"...?"

Rei heard a small murmur, Max lifted his face and looked at his cousin with a hate-filled gaze.

"It's all your fault!"

'If you hadn't ruined my future! The duke's title that belonged to me! I wouldn't have gone near that guy!"

"It's your fault it ended up like this!"

*Punch*

Rei slapped Max's cheek.

He looked at him with a nasty expression.

"I'll tell everyone you died, they won't execute you. But using my title as duke I declare that you have been exiled from the family."

"You will never use the Redblade surname again. Get out of my sight, scum."

Rei turned away, Max stood up and swore vengeance before running off.

"This will not stay like this!"

That was the last time Rei looked at his cousin.

◇◇◇

"On this tragic day there was an attack on the palace."

Rei and the others were at the emergency meeting given by the king.

They were talking about what happened.

Sieghart reported that he heard that Klyde's sons were had died.

The palace will search for them it will be an exhaustive search, but it will yield results.

Rei stayed listening to everything until they talked about the Bartolts.

It was there that only after hearing the verdict did she leave.

◇◇◇

Rei arrived at the academy walking.

He was tired, after resting a little he went to Eli's room.

There they were all present.

Eli stood up and asked.

"What happened?"

She was worried about her family.

Rei told her what happened.

Since he left the place, she doesn't know anything about the prince, but they are looking for him anyway.

Eli felt only a little reassured after knowing that her family was safe.

But her brother was another matter.

Before asking Rei anything, he turned to Ange.

"We need to talk for a moment."

She nodded slightly and they left the room.

◇◇◇

Outside the place they sat on the stairs.

Ange wanted to know what Rei wanted to say, which was thoughtful.

He looked at her at repeated intervals.

When it seemed that he would finally speak, she said.

"I see, he passed away, didn't he?"

"... Sorry."

Her little hands trembled.

She wanted to burst into tears.

"Did my dad say any last words?"

"..."

Rei told the truth.

"Your father died."

The truth he wanted to tell.

"He redeemed himself. A monster attacked the palace and he died trying to defeat it."

"His last words were that he was not a good father and he asks for forgiveness. But because of his previous crimes the palace has decided to destroy his house, your older brothers also died fighting some monsters, so there is no danger to you."

"Your house will be sold and the money will go to each of you."

Rei looked at Ange hoping that with this she would feel better.

Her look was downcast.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Thank you. I knew my dad did bad things and that one day he would pay for them, at least I know he redeemed himself in the end."

When she said redeemed himself, her tone of voice was weak.

As if she totally doubted what Rei said.

Then Rei patted her head.

"If you do worry about where to live. I'll make sure you and your mother live in a house in my territory."

"Really!"

She asked in surprise.

"Sure," Rei replied. "A crybaby like you would undoubtedly be sad if she lived in a shabby place."

"Thank you, onii-chan!"

She got up and hugged him.

He stroked her head.

"Your hug leaves me very uncomfortable, stop doing it."

"I don't want to, hehe."

After both Oliver and Isaac, and Sig and Al showed up, this chaotic day ended.

◇◇◇

That same night.

"... Huh? Excuse me?"

Bret was in the temporary room of the ministers' hall.

He was summoned by their majesties.

The king and queen gave him a letter.

In it, it said that for his contribution to defending the crown, he was given the payroll for when Sieghart retires so he would be eligible to be the next captain commander.

His pressure was lowered.

The king praised him.

"I honestly wouldn't know what to expect from you, but thank you for proving me wrong."

The queen also thanked him.

"Thanks to you captain we can see our children again."

"Thanking you is small, we want you to be recognized as a candidate for captain commander."

"Thanks to this letter you will have a step ahead with the other captains, good luck with it."

Bret withdrew after receiving that very important letter.

"... What happened in there?"

Sieghart was coming from the opposite side, after entering he reported.

"Your Majesties, we found no remains of the late baron nor his sons, according to the prince and the other young men, they were turned to ash."

The king touched his chin.

"Humans turning into monsters, huh?"

"I hope this is not the harbinger of something bad."

"I too hope it's nothing bad. By the way, do you have a report on the damage to the palace yet?"

Everyone sighed.

"It's the worst, it will take many months or even years to repair the palace, the money is the worst of all."

"I understand, in this situation the people will be affected by the tax increase─"

Sieghart turned around. He walked over to the window.

"Is something wrong Sieg?"

He closed the window and reported.

"Nothing really, I thought I saw a shadow."

"On this floor?"

"Sieghart I think your eyesight is already affecting you with age."

"Possibly so my queen."

He looked out the window again.

Which was reflecting a strange shadow walking away.

◇◇◇

The next morning.

The ministers were surprised to see how the palace was rebuilt in a single night.

The guards on patrol said they visualized a silhouette that knocked them out.

Seeing how it is impossible for something like that to happen, the king burst out laughing.

"Hahaha."

"Dear?"

"It's obvious who did it."

"Olga, I think you should write another letter of forgiveness."

"You're being made a fool of by the people you were criticizing hahaha."

He took a punch in the rib.

"Puah!"

The ministers and knights also knew that the only one responsible for something like that was Rei.

◇◇◇

Main headquarters of the kingdom church.

A meeting was taking place.

A cardinal was explaining the events that happened recently in the palace.

"That's all."

All the church members were upset.

But with Casimiro.

The pope blurted out secret information that would now leave them in a bad position.

Some thought it was the perfect opportunity to remove him from office, but he seemed happy.

"Karl, my son, did you hear that?"

A young knight approached.

"I heard it all father."

"Don't you think this is a good opportunity?"

"Opportunity?"

"Sure. Our country was attacked by demons."

Casimiro stood up.

"Those spawn of the underworld have come to take over the world."

"We are the voice of the god of light."

"We must fight for this country and its people!"

Everyone understood what he meant.

Casimiro smiled wickedly.

"We must free this nation from the demons. Which have targeted the royal family."

◇◇◇

Sig was looking out the window thoughtfully.

"What's wrong Sig?"

Al who was standing next to him asked.

The four boys were recovering in the palace infirmary.

Oliver was talking in his sleep.

"More food..."

Isaac was annoyed with him.

"Hey, if you're awake sleep normally, I can't read."

They told each other about their experience in battle, understanding that they were far from being strong like the knights who protected the kingdom.

Sig replied to Al.

"Nothing, I was just walking around thinking."

Sig's thoughts circulated about that event.

(That mysterious power I don't know what it was, but if I get it I can protect my family, my nation.)

Sig clenched his fist under his sheet.

(I will become the king who can protect you all.)

(I promise.)

A fire ignited in his gaze.

______________________________
Royal Knights

First Squad:
Order of the White Phoenix, Sieghart Hogan.

Second Squad:
Order of the Golden Deer, Rogue Eisenberg

Third Squad:
Order of the Purple Rhino, Augus Flemingway

Fourth Squad:
Order of the Black Dog, Jason Hartford

Fifth Squad:
Order of the White Tiger, George Cunningham

Sixth Squad:
Order of the Black Ram, Faustus Barnes

Seventh Squad:
Order of the Blue Whale, Kent Simmons

Eighth Squad:
Order of the Ashen Wolves, Markus Bennett

Ninth Squad:
Order of the Blue Lions, Bret Elliott

To close we will have the final fan service of the cute Ange, we will have to wait a long time to see her again, and even her original version that will come out at the end of Ixion's novel.

https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/es/post/show/21305243

0