CH2: Life as a Hare
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 I've had a good night's sleep and now I'm ready to challenge the day!

Today is the day I explore!

Or more specifically tonight. Because the three moons are out. And everyone is awake.

What the hell!? Since when were rabbits nocturnal!? The three moons I understand, some of the planets in our solar system had multiple moons, but what kind of rabbit is nocturnal!?

...Right, Hare. I thought this before but what the hell is the difference. Apparently Hares are nocturnal and they live aboveground. Because that's still a thing.

All of my siblings are weird too. They wandered away a little and now they're standing still like statues. I lost track of them 7 times in the past few minutes. Seven. Times. I know animals are more suited to spotting movement but I already know where they are so why can't I find them?

Anyway it's more of the same today. I don't know where the mama is so I guess I'll just act like my siblings.

I get up and look around. I see a place that looks nice and I just have to hope my instincts are guiding me since I have no idea how to tell what the best hiding spots are.

I pick a spot right next to a tree and hope nothing finds me.

{---} (time skip)

It's been hours and something is finally going to happen! I know it's been hours because all three moons are now out of sight above my tree, so it's about midnight? My mind just kind of blanked out until I sensed something. Which sense? I don't know, probably smell? My human mind is still scentblind despite my rabbit nose.

Now that I'm thinking about it, isn't it bad if I smell something? This is the middle of the wilderness and I'm a baby prey anima-

Wha-

Oh.

Ok.

Two of my siblings just disappeared and the rest (including me) scattered.

I guess it was a predator that was nearby. Fuck, does this mean this place is it's hunting grounds?

I do wonder what kind of predator it was, maybe it was a wolf! No wait, wolves hunt in packs they would have cleaned house.

Nope can't figure it out.

No idea what it-

I see eyes.

They are yellow slitted eyes.

Is that a fucking cat.

What the fuck kind of cat is red.

What kind of abomination is that thing.

Is it a cat or a dog.

Is that the dreaded cat-dog.

What did I do to deserve getting eaten by a cat-dog.

I think it's looking at me.

It's definitely looking at me.

STOP LOOKING AT ME!

IF YOUR GOING TO EAT ME MAKE IT QUICK!

AND PAINLESS PLEASE!

It still hasn't eaten me.

It is still looking at me.

WHAT DO YOU WANT DAMN CREATURE!

It just turned around and left.

I feel like I'm going crazy.

I'm going back to the tree.

{---}

It's almost morning. Mother came home. I'm going to sleep, screw exploring I'll do it tomorrow night.

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

[It was a fox]

1