Ch 5: Mental note: next time come prepared
7.8k 6 172
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Snow Wolf Lvl1]

The monster in front of me is a white wolf, almost 1m tall and 2m long. According to my parents’ stories, the snow wolf can control blizzards with each of its steps, freezing anyone who does not have resistance to magic.

'Haa. I don't have any magical resistance items; did I do something wrong by removing the magic resistance points? I must be very careful. Even if its magic is just Lv1, it must be strong enough to slow down my movements.'

Raising my sword, I quickly approached the Snow Wolf without giving it a chance to attack. Seeing me, the monster got into a battle stance, ready to pounce at any moment.

"Ahh!" With a cry, I swung my sword at the wolf's head. The speed was such that the wolf couldn't even move, and then… The sword cut off its head.

It was quickly surrounded by light and disappeared into thin air.

[Fang]

Emir: "…"

'That was it? And what about the incredible magic that freezes everything?'

Apparently, the receptionist thought I was a rookie. Not just any rookie, mind you, but a rookie among rookies. The lowest of the low. 

'I want to cry. My clothes are indeed humble, but they don't go so far as to make me look like a rookie! Haa. If my parents find out about this, they'll laugh until they pass out.'

I must urgently buy quality clothes. Otherwise, it will cause many misunderstandings.

I was so angry that I started running around looking for the next monster.

[Snow Wolf Lvl1]

I swing my sword.

[Fang]

Again, I ran for the next one.

***

Some time later.

There will only be one type of monster as the main monster on the first floors of a labyrinth. In this case, there is only the Snow Wolf. The second floor will have its own kind of monster, but monsters from lower floors will also appear. So, the Snow Wolf will also appear on the second floor.

"The boss room"

All the illusions of labyrinths I had in mind crumbled like rows of dominoes. I always thought that I would be in danger at every step. A place where the slightest mistake would lead to losing my life.

'And here I am. In front of the first-floor boss room.'

Just one hour from entering the labyrinth. Did I say this is the first time I've been in one? Because it is! This made me even more enraged, and, without thinking about the consequences, I opened the big doors.

The interior remained dark for a brief moment, but then one by one, torches were lit. At the end, all the torches lit up, lighting up the boss's room completely.

[Snow Wolf Lvl1]

It may have the same name, but its ranking is several steps higher. At 3m tall and 7m long a huge white wolf greeted me as I entered.

The doors were closed. It is common knowledge that they will not open unless I or the wolf die.

"GRUAAA" With a roar, the wolf leaped at me.

I had to run to get out of the impact zone. Seconds after I did so, loads of rocks flew into the air. The wolf created a small crater in the landing zone.

All the anger I had before disappeared like smoke in the air. This is a boss. 

'I shouldn't have been so careless! But it's late; I'm already here.'

"Ahh!" Screaming, I ran towards the snow wolf.

It raised its paw and attacked me in a horizontal line.

To avoid the attack, I slid to the ground, and the monster’s paw passed over me at great speed. If such an attack touches me, I will get a huge wound on my body. I must be very careful.

Thanks to my speed, I reached the side of its right leg and plunged my sword into its elbow.

"GRAAA" In great pain, the wolf leaned to one side.

"!!!"

'What bad luck! if I don't move, this wolf is going to crush me.'

Getting up from the ground, I began to run in the opposite direction of its fall. When I hear the rumble behind me, I quickly turn around and jump in the monster’s direction.

"AHHH!!"

In the air, my jump directed me exactly towards the position of its head. I estimate that my sword will plunge into its flesh in just a second, and the wolf will die.

Just before I land on it, I see something moving at high speed to my right. Without thinking too much, I swing my sword upright. The next second, I felt like my heart stopped for a second. When I come to my senses, I see myself being sent flying through the air.

I barely landed, spinning on the ground to lessen the impact. "Haa, haa, that was close"

At that moment, the wolf's paw suddenly appeared. If it weren't for my reflexes, I fear the chain mail would not have been strong enough to protect me. I am fine just thanks to the sword that absorbed almost all the impact.

The wolf slowly got up from the ground, but was badly damaged. It can no longer run or jump; its injured leg is a big limitation.

When I was in position, I began to run. The wolf could only look at me helplessly, and only when I was two meters away from the monster did it make its move.

"¡Gruaa!"

It attacked me with its snout, trying to bite me. Its fangs are sharp enough to pierce through my chain mail and cause irreparable damage. I jumped to the side, twisting my body in the air, without much thought.

At the same moment that the wolf approached my head, I swung my sword towards its eyes.

The sword pierced the wolf's head cleanly, and it noisily fell to the ground at the same time as particles of light surrounded it.

In just the blink of an eye, it disappeared as if it had never existed.

[Snow Fur]

'Rare loot, as expected from a floor boss.'

Once the wolf disappeared, the doors were unlocked. Not only were the doors I entered unlocked, but new doors were unlocked at the far end of the room.

With the loot in hand, I passed through the doors guarded by the floor boss.

Then, I appear in a new corridor with the same characteristics as floor 1, but I know this one is different due to…

[Hell Cat Lvl 2]

Monsters spawn with a level of the same number as the floor of the labyrinth. In other words, floor 3 will have Lvl 3, and floor 4 will have Lvl 4.

"How strong will you be compared to the snow wolves Lvl 1?"

The hell cat has red fur and is 50cm tall and almost 1.5m long. This one uses fire magic to incinerate its enemies… Or so I'm told.

[Fire Tail]

After swinging the sword a little, I managed to kill it without much effort. Fire tail loot is good for blacksmiths because, when burned, it can pleasantly raise the temperature.

"She said that because this Bajamira labyrinth is too weak, only rookie adventurers frequent it. Still, I didn't see anyone besides me…"

'Hah, good. I shouldn't underestimate this labyrinth. Although its monsters may be weak, its bosses are not. If I prepare myself better next time, I'm sure I'll perform better.'

"This time I fought the boss carelessly, next time I'll come prepared"

Once I defeated the hell cat, I planned to go through the door behind me. If I do that, I will immediately exit the labyrinth without needing to go through floor 1 again. But just before going through it, I remembered something important.

"Did I get the adventurer class?"

Originally, I was so angry with the low difficulty that I ran like crazy without thinking about the consequences. I opened the class window, crossing my fingers at the same time. If I don't get the adventurer class with all I've done, I'll give up. 

'After all, if defeating a boss won't get me the class, what will? I may just go crazy trying.'

[Survivor Lvl 2]

[Adventurer Lvl 1]

[You have a free point]

'Yes, I did it! Plus, Survivor leveled up!'

With great joy, I changed my state again by adding the free point in strength and changing my active classes, removing once and for all the [Driver] class.

[Emir] [Adventurer Lv1] [Survivor Lv2]

HP=10 || MP=1

Agility=10 || Strength=10

Intelligence=10 || Luck=13

[Resistances]

Physical=1 || Magic=0

Poison=0 || Curse=0

'Now then, will I have the [Inventory] skill of the adventurers?'

 

172