Ch 16: What a gallant, smart clone!
6.6k 15 159
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Haa…" Leo sighed "All your words were spot on. If nothing extraordinary happens, Alessia will be sent to the Drial Cenit kingdom."

'Nothing extraordinary? Do not tell me…'

"But there is something called 'fame'. Even if the money arrives in a few weeks, the Heavenly Water House will only make money. While selling her to the other kingdom allows us to gain fame and establish our name there. If you were someone important, I wouldn't hesitate to take your words into consideration, but…" Leo shook his head.

'What I was afraid of… this is a sale where money doesn't matter as much as family influence.'

As I watched Leo, I realized something so basic. If you put the clues together, it's easy to come to this conclusion.

"A sword with three skills included"

Leo: "!!!"

'Three skills on a weapon are a rare thing. According to Erick's words, a [Great Blacksmith] can only identify one slot. I don't know if this is just initially and, at some point, the great blacksmith will be able to identify the second slot, or if they just need a new class to do it. But, even with all this, the result does not change. A sword with three skills is ultra-rare.'

"That could change things… But, tell me… Will that sword come from Erick?"

I could only smile in response.

"Okay, bring me that sword tomorrow, and we'll continue this conversation. You can take the money"

"Understood. Tomorrow, I will be here."

I moved my hand, and all the gold coins disappeared from the table.

When I got up from the chair, I walked past Alessia, and I could see her face. Specifically, that dark and sad aura that is surrounding her. The whole conversation I had with Leo must have affected her a lot.

I walked over to her and put my hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry, you'll be mine."

Without waiting for her answer, I kept walking in the direction of the door. After leaving, I heard footsteps behind me. Leo walked by my side. He will probably say goodbye to me at the door, like last time.

'What a bad time! He still doesn't know how much it costs me to move due to the imbalance in my status points. Going down the steps to the first floor is so difficult for me. Just 1 kg more on my body, and it will probably be enough to make me roll down the stairs. Main body, next time you call me, have a cane handy.'

"I owe you an apology. For a moment, I thought you didn't care about Alessia's life," I say to divert his attention.

"It's not necessary, it's my job. Good luck to you; have a nice day."

"Anyway, accept my apologies."

Once I got out of the slave trade, I checked the UI and normalized the status points.

Emir (Intelligent): "The rest is up to you, main body."

Emir: "Leave it to me!"

'Not only did he open up a chance for me, but he scored points with Alessia. Those words of 'Don't worry, you'll be mine'... I can only say, how gallant! What a gallant and smart clone!'

In the end, my assumptions were correct. Changing class changes status points automatically and, by doing so, the person's personality will be affected. I already saw it happen with Yair, and now I experienced it myself.

As for the assumptions made by my smart clone… Automatic changes to my status points are not done in my status due to the user interface, which only allows manual changes. In addition, adding someone as a party member could probably also help me get more information from that person. I suppose that I will be able to even change their status! I'll have to buy the union collar to be able to check this, though.

The [Union Necklace] is a necklace with a gem whose color varies depending on its quality. The special thing about this one is that it can create a link between people, thus sharing the experience of defeating monsters. For this to work, you simply have to put the gems of two people in contact to form a team. Gem quality isn't really important, since it just increases the number of people you can team up with. A basic gem is more than enough for someone like me.

One of the things that surprised me the most about my intelligent clone's deductions is that Leo is Erick's father. To be honest, I knew they had some kind of relationship, but I never thought he was the father.'

'Well, now I only have to do my part.'

Using the map, I followed the shortest path to Erick's store.

"Have you made up your mind yet?"

"Yes. I will buy a slave, but I will not wait for prices to be regulated. I want to buy her as soon as possible"

That time, Erick gave me two choices, to team up or buy a slave when prices go down. However, my decision is already made.

"I see. You will spend a lot of money on her.. Well, you have my support."

"Really?"

Erick: "…"

'— Although I am referring to the support of a friend, why do I feel that he expects another type of support?'

"Speak! what do you want?" Erick said it in a business tone.

"A sword with three abilities"

"Do you have the sword?"

I shook my head.

"So… Haa… do you want my sword?"

I nodded.

Then he looked at me with a face as if he wanted to tell me countless things, but he kept quiet and kept silent for a few seconds.

"It will cost you."

"It doesn't matter; I need it."

Erick was silent for a moment and then said, "If you need the money urgently, you can pay me for the sword after you buy your slave."

"Thank you, Erick. I will owe you forever."

"No. The sooner you pay me, the better."

"...It was a saying."

"I know"

After that, we laughed.

I can't believe a blacksmith I met so recently would be so kind to me. I fear that one day something bad will happen to him for trusting people too much. If that ever happens, I will help him.

"When do you need it?"

"It must be ready by tomorrow. Otherwise, all the conditions I obtained will be canceled as a failed contract."

"Haa... did you get the adventurer class?"

"Yes"

"Well, go to the adventurer’s guild and buy two MP potions at your own expense."

"Okay, right away."

Without wasting any time, I headed in the direction of the adventurer's guild.

Minutes later, I arrived at the place.

The adventurer's guild is a 5-story-high building made of concrete, whose first floor is completely open. One side of the wall doesn't exist at all. It’s made like that for adventurers to enter in mass without being restricted by gates.

I walked toward the reception.

"Good morning. I want to buy MP potions. How much do they cost?"

"One silver coin each."

"I want 10."

"Very well. Are you registered in the guild?"

"No, and I don't want to register either."

"The potions cost two silver coins for unregistered adventurers. I need to verify your identity, may I?"

"Go ahead"

Potions are expensive for unregistered adventurers. Anyway, my parents said that they never registered with the guild because they met people who were forced to do certain quests for that reason. Since I discovered that I like freedom, I will also do the same.

[Emir] [Adventurer]

"All in order. Do you still want 10 MP potions?"

"Yes, here are the two gold coins."

Adventurers keep many secrets, which is why this identification is not invasive. 

As long as the other party does not have a criminal class, they will be treated as just another client, regardless of their level.

"Anything else?"

"Yes, what is the price at which the guild buys the runes?"

"For registered adventurers, it is a gold coin, while for unregistered adventurers, it is eight silver coins."

"I see, thanks."

MP potions are small vials, about 3 inches tall and 1 thumb wide, that contain a blue liquid inside. These 10 jars were given to me in a small cloth bag. So, without anyone noticing, I put them in the inventory.

I headed back to Erick's store.

"You arrived at a good time! Pass me the two potions. Now, I will isolate myself in my forge for a while. You can come back at night if you wish. Jack will be in charge of the shop in the meantime"

After passing him the 2 potions, I found a seat and sat down.

Originally, I planned to go make money in the Bajamira Gold Labyrinth. But if Erick fails the rune fusion, all my work would have been in vain. So, I decided to wait patiently here. If something happens, I'll be the first to know.

***

"I am done!"

My worries were unnecessary. That night, around 10 p.m., Erick came out from inside the store with a sword in his hand.

"Mm? Did you just get here?"

"He's been waiting here all this time" Jack ratted me out.

"Well, you do have patience. But let's get straight to the point. The sword has three abilities. The first is [Edge], which you already know; the second is [Rock], which adds enormous weight to the sword. And finally, [Feather], this makes the sword feel light for the user. Take a good look at it. This weapon is my masterpiece!"

[Tempered Steel Sword] [Slot: (Edge) (Rock) (Feather)]

The three abilities together form a sword that is as heavy as a rock for the enemies and as light as a feather for the wielder, and its sharpness means that no matter what the material is, it will be cut in two without discrimination.

'Uah, Erick created a monster… But in a good sense of the word.'

159