Ch 31: I don’t wish them bad, but I hope that…!
6.3k 12 151
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Master, are you sure you don't want the loot from the skeleton? If I remember correctly, it's worth 5 pieces of copper"

5 pieces of copper is a far cry from 2 silver coins per [Snow Fur] and even farther from the gold coin that I get per rune. As an adventurer, I shouldn't despise loot, but once you taste money, it's hard to turn back.

"Yes, I'm sure. That skeleton’s swag doesn't look pretty."

"Mn, you are right."

'Apparently, Alessia didn't want it either; she just asked out of courtesy. I feel like I'm giving her my bad habits. After all, I'm sure the next adventurer who passes by will take that [Femur] and save it for a later sale. Ugg, I feel like I'm wasting money.'

[Skeleton Lvl3]

[Skeleton Lvl3]

'More skeletons… I'm looking forward to getting over this floor quickly.'

"I will take the one on the left."

"Good"

I ran towards it as the skeleton trotted towards me. In just a few seconds, we will be facing each other. I attacked in a vertical line with my sword, and it responded with the same attack.

The swords passed by each other only a few centimeters apart, and when its sword was about to touch me, I tilted my body to the side, narrowly evading. My sword continued on its way, and without resistance, it cut through all the bones in its path, defeating the skeleton in a single attack.

I turned around to see how Alessia was doing, but it was unnecessary to worry. At that very moment, the skeleton's head rolled chillingly onto the ground.

[Femur]

[Femur]

Emir: "…"

'A copper coin lying on the floor… Well, whatever! Money is not to blame!'

I walked over to the loot and put it in my inventory.

Beside me, I can see Alessia smiling. Well, your smile is worth everything.

[Shadow Cat Lvl3]

[Fierce Hyena Lvl3]

"Shouldn't the cat and the hyena be fighting each other?"

'Even though the hyena looks like a dog, it won't chase the cat, eh? What a pity; in their internal fight, we could have taken advantage of it to kill two birds with one stone.'

When they both noticed us, they immediately took action. The hyena menacingly walked towards us, while the shadow cat carefully lowered its body and crawled on the ground so as not to attract attention. 

'On closer inspection, the cat looks adorable; if it weren't for the fact that it kills people, I would take it home.'

"Master, I will fight the hyena; you kill the shadow cat."

I wanted to ask why, but Alessia started running towards the hyena even before I spoke. Sighing, I approach the cat that is crawling on the ground. At first glance, it seems that its stomach itches. 

'Should I help scratch it?'

Unfortunately, my adorable vision of the shadow cat ended the moment it jumped in the direction of my crotch. I understood that we are irreconcilable enemies, so I attacked it in a horizontal line without hesitation.

For a moment, its claws and my sword caused sparks from the friction, but in the next split second, its legs and head were blown into the air.

Then I started running in the direction of the hyena, there I could see how Alessia nimbly dodged three continuous attacks from its legs and then swung her sword, cutting the hyena's nose.

"GRRR!"

With great pain, the hyena tried to bite her, but again she avoided it while attacking in a horizontal line, partially damaging the monster's right eye.

In these few seconds, Alessia has shown great attacking capacity and agility. The beliefs of her previous team are still intact within her, thus creating a style that prioritizes safety over attack but without neglecting the latter, since at the slightest chance she will attack.

'Apparently, there's no need to go to the front, so I headed for the hyena's hind leg.'

Its legs move back and forth while its tail swings past them, causing anyone who gets too close to end up getting hit by its tail.

Waiting for the opportunity, I found the pattern of its movement and attacked it. My sword went deep into its left paw. The hyena lost its balance the next moment and fell to the side.

I didn't get to see what happened in the seconds that followed; I only knew that the hyena was surrounded by golden particles and disappeared into thin air.

'Mn, cute. With the golden particles surrounding her, Alessia looks very cute.'

[Claw]

[Hyena Paw]

"You fought very well."

"Thanks, master"

Though she said such words to me, she doesn't seem to mean them. This hints that such praise has been said to her many times, which makes me wonder…

'How strong was she with all her status points?'

"Have you ever heard of the [Leader] class?"

"Mm… Not at all. Why do you ask?"

"Curiosity, that's all."

'Well, it was obvious. It's a class not found in books after all.'

"Oh, right. When you talked about your group earlier, what role did you play?"

"Thanks to my inventory, I was normally in charge of keeping the group's belongings, but as for the battle, I always remained active, giving critical hits to the enemy whenever I saw the opportunity and also giving orders from a distance."

'I see… [Leader] must have appeared due to the constant orders she gave during her time as an adventurer. Therefore, the orders to be given were not just any but all those focused on the battle. Well, I'll have to test it. In the next battle, I will give orders to Alessia.'

…Or so I hoped.

"We got to the boss's room."

"Mn, record time."

We only had less than 20 battles before we got to the boss room. It's a record considering that on Floor 2 there were about 35 battles.

Today's goal is to reach the 4th floor, so after this last battle, it will be time to go home. 

'Haa… I wanted to give her some orders to get the [Leader] class… I don't think it's enough with so few battles. Mm? The map shows three blue dots heading in this direction.'

"Let's rest a bit before we go in."

"Okay"

After I sat down, I saw Alessia walking in my direction. She seems to have thought that we should always sit like lovers because the last time I asked her to.

Smiling, I patted the spot next to me for her to sit there. Although I like to tease her, I only do it when we are alone. Now that people are coming, I will hold back.

"???" Alessia looked at me strangely; the fact that I didn't ask her for something embarrassing seemed very strange to her. Yes, that's what her look says.

A few minutes later, the group showed up. It consists of three women, all very beautiful. Spear, saber, and sword with shield, respectively. It is not uncommon for there to be a group full of women, and it makes even more sense if you think that all of them are beautiful. Men would tend to show off in front of them, and this would ultimately bring death.

[Irina] [Lancer Lvl14]

[Miria] [Warrior Lvl14]

[Zia] [Warrior Lvl16]

Irina stopped for a moment and looked at the floor boss's door, then she looked at us, and then she spoke to her team.

"Come on, let's go in."

"Yes." With such an answer, they all walked in the direction of the door.

"Weak." Before entering, Miria whispered.

I take back what I said; they are not pretty at all. That whisper was spoken for us to hear. It was easy for her to say it after entering the room! 

'I don't wish them ill, but I hope their garments will be torn in battle! Hmph, without any adventurers in their party, it's obvious they won't have spares.'

"By their weapons, they will either be adventurers or warriors. I bet the one with the sword and shield is a [Warrior] while the others are [Adventurer]"

Alessia's sayings are not wrong; the sword is normally carried by the warrior class regardless of whether they have a shield or not. While an adventurer is almost mandatory to have on the team, by default, anyone would think that the one with the shield is the warrior while the others are adventurers.

"I don't think so; both must be warriors."

"Why do you say so?"

"It's just what my instincts told me."

Alessia nodded in response. She seems to be starting to trust me.

151