Ch 59: Before going the labyrinth, gardening work
4.6k 5 114
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With Alessia sleeping next to me, it was time to update our status.

[Alessia Addari] [Adventurer Lvl17] [Warrior Lvl13] [Lancer Lvl11] [Leader Lvl13]

[(Slave) (Masochist Lvl5)]

[Alessia Addari has 12 free points]

'Yessss! It leveled up! And I don't mean the battle classes!!'

Masochist went up to level 5. I feel like all my efforts have paid off. Last time it remained intact without any movement, but now its level has finally increased. And with it, I will be able to increase the intensity of perverted requests.

'Maybe now I can spank her?'

My hand trembles to test this theory immediately.

Of course, I won't. 

'She looks so adorable sleeping, and it's relaxing to see her, so I won't wake her up. Another day will be.'

Such a large number of free points is due to two things. The first is the trap room. The second is the difficulty of floors 6 and 7. Both together made the experience gained far exceed that normally obtained. So, it's not a surprise to get such a reward for the risks.

[Alessia Addari] [Adventurer Lvl17] [Warrior Lvl13] [Lancer Lvl11] [Leader Lvl13]

[(Slave) (Masochist Lvl5)]

HP=13 || MP=1

Agility=22 || Strength=18

Intelligence=20 || Luck=10

[Resistances]

Physical=4 || Magic=0

Poison=0 || Curse=0

I added 3 points respectively to [HP] [Agility] [Intelligence] and [Physical]. Earlier I talked about the balance of the status in which the points should not be too far from each other to avoid a personality change. The gallant clone is the perfect example of this.

So, even though HP hasn't even been damaged lately, I'll have to bump it up a bit to even the scales. As for physical resistance, the other day I discovered that it also serves to reduce pain, something essential considering how painful that bee boss's attack was.

[Emir] [Adventurer Lvl15] [Archer Lvl11] [Warrior Lvl15] [Leader Lvl11]

[Survivor Lvl12]

[You have 16 free points]

This is the most free points I've had in a long time. The trap room gave the [Adventurer] class a lot of experience. The risks of it together with the boss room made even the timid [Survivor] increase 3 levels.

[Emir] [Adventurer Lvl15] [Archer Lvl11] [Warrior Lvl15] [Leader Lvl11]

[Survivor Lvl12]

HP=13 || MP=1

Agility=19 || Strength=18

Intelligence=18 || Luck=10

[Resistances]

Physical=4 || Magic=0

Poison=0 || Curse=0

The end result is 8 points to [Strength], 3 points respectively to [HP] and [Physical], and 1 point to [Agility] and [Intelligence].

Unlike Alessia, I immediately felt the changes. 8 points directly to strength is a radical change. I can feel my weight become lighter, and even the not-so-light Alessia on my chest feels lighter than it did a few seconds ago.

With this, our battle potential has increased significantly, now I'm not sure exactly how many enemies we can fight at the same time. The only thing I know is that we have already left behind a large part of the adventurers and knights close to our level.

'Tomorrow's goal is to overcome the 9th floor; with this, we will reach the rumored 10th floor. Well, it's time to sleep.'

***

"Where do we plant the luminous flowers?"

It is already morning, and the sun is in the sky, illuminating the whole environment.

In front of the garden, I and Alessia seriously look at the strategic positions where the luminous flowers will go.

"Mm… The essential positions would be here… and here… 5 flowers on each side of the path to illuminate it at night" Alessia said.

Our garden is divided into two, left and right side. Its separation is the path that connects the exterior of the house with the front door. Alessia intends to plant flowers on each side of the path so that it can be seen even at night.

"Yes, it's not bad. But we must remember something important: the range of its lighting is several meters. Wouldn't it be better to plant them inside the garden, taking advantage of its range?"

Our garden will have several plants, all of them related to the kitchen. Having the luminous flowers next to them will generate a very natural view, especially when the wind moves them from one side to the other and their lighting changes accordingly.

"Tsk Tsk" Alessia shook her index finger as she clucked her tongue and said "A perfectly lit path on either side will give a mood of anticipation, where people will unconsciously follow the path to our door. If we ever have guests over, we'll be lifting their mood before they even knock on the door!"

"Oh, I see"

The colors of the lighting will be so beautiful that even someone in a bad mood will see their condition change for the better as they follow a path surrounded by luminous flowers.

Since Alessia seems to be more of an expert in this area, I followed her orders just like I do when I'm her kitchen helper.

And so, all the seeds were planted in different strategic places not only to look good but with a greater end in mind.

"Food ready, doors locked, keys, weapons… Yes, everything is ready. We can go, master"

"Alright, let's go."

Walking through the dirt road, we head towards the great wall. As we cross it, we reach the streets traveled by carriages and the infinity of sounds coming from a capital that does not sleep.

The moment we find an empty carriage, we immediately board it. The red dots on the map increased again. Although I would have liked this whole situation to be resolved today, it seems there is still a long time before the storm moves completely away.

***

On the 8th floor of the Altamira labyrinth.

[Snow Wolf Lvl8]

'Oh, my hand itches for making a chain to remember old times. It was thanks to this kind of monster that I was able to buy Alessia, so I'm very fond of it.'

"Grau"

'Unfortunately, the monster isn't friendly at all.'

With my bow in hand, I shot two arrows at its head. Although they failed to pierce its hard skull, it was greatly affected by them. Alessia immediately appeared near it, and pierced with her spear the wolf's head with brute force.

The monster easily fell to the ground without putting up a fight.

"Your skill as an archer is getting better and better."

"Thanks, but it is not only me. You also handle the spear better; anyone would think that this has been your weapon all your life"

"I'm surprised too, though it's still not at the same level as my sword skills. Maybe in a few years, I'll be able to switch between spear and sword without even noticing the changes."

'Years? With the 60% discount, I'm sure it will be months at most...'

[Fierce Hyena Lvl8]

[Snow Wolf Lvl8]

[Archer Bee Lvl8]

Even when we are far from each other, I know this will be a difficult battle. The three monsters are approaching at a similar speed. This means that we will be fighting against 3 at the same time. It's not the first time this has happened, but I can say that this monster combination has a good balance to kill adventurers.

"I will fight against the hyena and the wolf."

"Okay, I will eliminate the bee as quickly as possible, and then I will give you support with my arrows."

A short but precise conversation. We need fewer and fewer words to understand the fighting style the other person will use.

Keeping my word, I pointed towards the archer bee, which is tens of meters away. I wouldn't dare to give my word to defeat a monster so far away before, but now… Everything is different.

When I released the arrow, it flew in a straight line without even making a bend. Passing by the hyena and the wolf, it headed towards its target without being interrupted by anything.

The only time it stopped...

[Honey bee]

It was to take the life of the monster.

I quickly turned my vision towards the Alessia battlefield.

At that very moment, I managed to see her dodge an attack by the hyena, at the same time that she avoided the jump of the wolf, which was aimed at her head.

Taking advantage of the wolf's weakness of being in the air, I aimed for its stomach and fired. Due to the closeness between the wolf and me, the arrow was only in the air for a fraction of a second before completely piercing its body.

Alessia dodged the hyena's attack again, this time the monster tried to bite her with its sharp teeth. Jumping to the side, she gathered momentum and then pierced the spear with all her might towards the monster's head.

Sounds of breaking bones were heard, and with it, the spear pierced the hyena's head.

The snow wolf is weakened due to the wound caused by the arrow, so when Alessia approached it, she killed it without any problem.

[Canine]

[Hyena Tail]

"Huh?" We were both surprised.

Alessia quickly looked at me.

"No, this time I had nothing to do with it" I shook my head.

"I see… then, for the first time we are lucky as a team."

I nodded in response. After all, the [Hyena Tail] loot is such a rare one that is normally only dropped from normal monsters via chain skill or boss battle.

'In this case, it was just dumb luck.'

114