Ch 60: It’s so cold!!
4.3k 5 118
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Well, I guess it's time to accept it.'

I looked towards the fallen monster and removed the arrows attached to its body, the next instant it was surrounded by light particles, leaving its loot in place.

The 8 points in strength not only improve my physical strength but also the strength behind my arrows. I felt something strange with the first Snow Wolf I killed, and then in the battle against those three monsters of equal speed. In both cases, I thought it would take us a certain amount of time to defeat them, but I was completely wrong.

'It seems the strength attribute isn't as simple as it looks. From now on, I will increase its points with the same seriousness as I do with agility.'

"We have already adapted to fighting the snow wolf. Shall we go to the boss's room?"

"Yes, let's go. In the meantime, I'll tell you how my fight against it in the gold-… Bajamira labyrinth went."

In our exploration of the 8th floor, we easily found the boss's room. But we decided to keep fighting for a while longer to improve our fighting style.

After all, groups of four monsters will appear on the 9th floor, so we must be prepared.

Along the way, I not only narrated the story of how I bravely defeated the Snow Wolf boss with a simple sword and chainmail without fused runes, but I also modified our status points to add a few points to magic resistance.

It’s necessary since the boss was about to cast magic on floor 1, and there's a higher probability for monsters to cast magic on a higher floor.

***

After resting, we open the doors and enter the boss's room.

[Snow Wolf Lvl8]

A large white-furred wolf, 3 meters tall and 7 meters long, is resting in the center of the room. Unlike the golden labyrinth, this room has clear frost marks on its walls and noticeably colder air than outside.

As we exhale, our breath becomes visible.

"Even though the snow wolf seems to be sleeping, it is a boss. And as such, it should not be as careless as it seems," Alessia said with a serious tone as she unsheathed her sword.

"True, so far, no boss has shown weakness."

With my sword in hand, I walked in the direction of the wolf.

Our words came true in the next few seconds, during which the wolf suddenly woke up and looked at us.

The boss stood up so casually that all it needed to do was stretch its body to look like a dog.

"Let's split up."

On my command, we started running towards the wolf from different directions. We have already fought enough to know that being together does not bring anything good. Especially since enemy attacks can kill two birds with one stone if we are not careful.

"GRRR"

The moment the boss grunted, its breath became visible, and showing its big teeth made us understand the deep hatred it feels towards us.

It quickly decided on its target and began to run… towards me.

"GRAU"

Opening its snout wide, it tried to bite me.

I didn't evade but lightly jumped, blocking with my sword, and used the momentum of the shock to back up.

As I earned the boss's attention, Alessia has all the free space she needs to attack it from its blind spot. If I had dodged to the side, the wolf would most likely have seen her.

"GRRR"

With its right paw, it attacked me vertically. This time I jumped to the left, avoiding it. When its paw hit the ground, it generated a small tremor that knocked me off balance.

"GRAU" Taking advantage of this, the wolf again tried to bite me, but then…

"GRRRAA!" it roared with pain.

"I cut off its hind leg!!" I heard Alessia shout.

'Well done!' I wanted to shout, but I held back.

Her sword has [Edge +], so the idea of directly cutting the leg of a boss is not unreasonable.

The wolf's head is very close to me, and with just one jump, I can reach it and put my sword through its eye.

I bent my knees, trying to gain as much momentum as possible for the jump that would end all this… It was at that very moment that I felt the cold air multiply in intensity.

'I know this feeling.'

"Get away from it, the boss is going to use its magic!!"

Alessia: "!!!"

Without thinking twice, we turned around and started running.

Behind me, I can feel the air getting colder as my breathing becomes more visible.

Within seconds of running, ice particles surrounded the wolf at the same time that a blizzard formed around it.

"UOOO!" With its howl, the magic began its march.

Every inch of rock that was touched by this blizzard was immediately covered by ice, leaving consequences only equal to a natural disaster. Creating a path of ice as it advances. The magic advanced in a circle, with the boss at its center.

"Come on! Come on! Come on!!"

While I cheer myself up, I run with all my might. I stopped thinking about the catastrophe following me and just devoted all my efforts to running.

I don't know how long this lasted, I just know that I stopped the moment the heat inside my body stabilized.

Turning around, I saw my assumptions come true.

'The wolf's magic… Ended.'

After taking a deep breath, I yelled, "Let's attack now while it's weak!!"

Bosses can cast magic, of course, but that doesn't mean that it will be free for them. In other words, after the magic comes the boss’s weakness. This is because they are not able to contain the mana inside them, and they spend it practically all in one go.

After running through the frozen path, I arrived before the boss. This last one reacted with great lethargy and raised its leg to try to attack me, but it forgot something fundamental… its hind leg has been cut off.

At that very moment, the wolf lost its stability and fell in front of me.

With the boss's head ready and willing, I swung my sword.

*Swish*

I pierced its eye cleanly, killing the wolf instantly.

[Snow Fur]

'How nostalgic! This loot makes me remember my first days arriving in the capital.'

With a smile, I take the loot in my hands and put it in the inventory.

"Are you okay?"

"yes. Thanks to your warning, I managed to escape in time"

"I see, that's good."

In a stoic mood, I walked in the direction of the door leading to the 9th floor.

When a sinful hand stops me.

"Not near the door, I have bad memories."

'Oh, you mean when I pretended they were listening to us behind the door.'

"Eh… No, this time I…"

"Hmph, I won't fall for your traps anymore."

Without waiting for my answer, Alessia crouches down in front of me and pulls down my pants.

Alessia: "…"

'— Shrunk?'

"It's so cold!!" I quickly exclaimed.

Grinning mischievously, she stretches out her index finger and moves my penis back and forth. Of course, it didn't stand up, no matter how hard she tried to wake it up.

Alessia: "Hehehe"

'Kill me please!! Cold is the enemy of man… if I find a penis sheath with an empty slot, I will immediately add ice resistance to it.'

***

"The monster on this floor is [Black Widow], it can inject poison through its bites."

"Ah, this is the monster you mentioned in the library."

'After all, I remember everything like it was yesterday. Who could forget the day we had sex in the library? We fulfilled the dream of every student!'

Checking my inventory, I removed three antidotes and gave them to Alessia.

"Thank you." She smiled at me.

'Oh, what a difference.' 

While her smile in the boss's room was a mischievous one, where the upper part of her face seemed to darken, the current one has several points of sincerity, and that makes it very beautiful.

'Damn, now my penis reacts… But it's too late now!'

With a bad mood, I looked for a monster on the map to get even for the injustices suffered.

[Black Widow Lvl9]

It's a spider, 40cm tall and almost 1 meter long. It is completely black in color, while its abdomen has a design very similar to that of an hourglass, but red.

With bow in hand, I shot two arrows at it, both in the direction of its head. While the first failed and landed on its abdomen, the second perfectly pierced its head.

[Poison bag]

"Mm… master, for the next time, let the monster get closer. That way we will know its fighting style."

"I didn't think it would die so easily…"

As it is an insect, I thought it would be as tough as a fire ant, but it seems that it will be easy to defeat the spiders with my bow.

As we walked down the hall in search of the next monster, I moved the points used in magic resistance towards poison resistance.

'Better safe than sorry.'

 

118