Ch 74: From that day onwards, Yair’s sneezing became frequent.
3.8k 7 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Hm… She's a fox breed girl! Plus, she has three tails!'

That's uncommon. Normally, semi-humans only possess one tail, regardless of whether their ancestors possessed two tails or more. In fact, descendants of semi-humans will not necessarily have beast features. In other words, visually, they can be just like humans.

[Delia] [Priestess Lvl 12]

Delia has orange hair, reaching almost to her waist. She has two large fox ears of the same color, but her inner fur is white. Her face is beautiful. She has orange eyes with vertical pupils. And her three tails seem very fluffy to the eye; they are also orange in color, but the ends are white.

She also wears a priestess costume with long sleeves and a knee-length skirt that is red and white with black lines at the ends.

"Become my dinner!" She swung the club.

I quickly went over to score some points with her by defeating the monsters, but I was surprised when I realized who they were.

They are adorable white rabbits with black spots on their fur. And they attack Delia with their weak paws with enough force to wrinkle clothes.

Emir: "..."

'Even if I defeat them, I won't score points!'

Now that I have a good look… Delia attacks with the club all over the place without hitting anything, while the rabbits jump up and gently hit her to encourage her and tell her not to give up.

'I can't kill such creatures!'

They are not even monsters, they simply possess some monster blood. This means they will die, leaving their corpse with no loot, like any other animal. In other words, they will give very little experience.

"Stay away!"

After my shout, the rabbits got scared and started to run away.

Upon seeing this, Delia looked at me and bowed slightly.

"Thank you. There were too many of them, and I couldn't properly handle them."

'Hmm, I didn't think religious people were weak to this extent.'

"You're welcome... Are you the priestess of this temple?"

"Mm? No, I'm not. I'm a simple [Believer]."

'The words above your head don't say the same thing.'

Normally, all religious people should be treated with respect, but since she claims to be a believer, I'll play along.

"I see. I'm actually lost. I'd like to get to the top of the mountain to try to get the [Traveler] class, but I can't find the right way… Can you give me some directions on how to get there?"

"Hmm, it’s difficult. Time has deteriorated this mountain, and there is no longer a path connecting to the top. Ah, but fear not. I know a way to get there, and I can be your guide if you wish."

"That would be great. I would really appreciate it-...."

I stopped my words halfway through this because, when a rabbit got lost and passed near us, Delia stared at it with intensity.

'Haa...'

All religious people are like that. They may be in trouble, but they will continue their work faithfully. From my inventory, I took out the pot of food my mother gave me before I left. It is still as hot as it was, fresh from the woodstove.

As I sat on the floor and opened the lid, instinctively, her fox ears and tails twitched.

"Come here. Let's eat before we continue. I haven't had lunch yet."

"Thank you. You are a very kind person," she said with six points of adorableness.

Emir: "!!!!"

'W-what is this? Why is my hand itching to stroke her head?'

I quickly restrained my right hand.

"Won't your wife be worried about doing such a dangerous act?" This time it was 5 points of adorableness. After all, she had some food on her lip.

"No, she already knows about this. Besides, she's at my parent's house training."

My plate of food is shaking… My right hand is influencing the left.

"That's good. Husband and wife shouldn't keep secrets from each other" 7 points; this time she smiled.

"Mn"

I could only nod. The evil aura is starting to come out of my left hand.

'The temptation from the right is strong.'

Luckily, for both of us, after that sentence we got down to eating. We are high above sea level, so the hot food takes very little time to cool down because of the low temperatures.

Once she handed me the empty plate... she took money out of her pocket.

"On the way, could you help me defeat monsters? I can pay you" an 8-point attack with the effect 'ignore invincible'.

In my mind, the evil aura reached unbelievable levels.

I gave my all to control it, but it took over both my arms, reaching up to my shoulders. I wanted to tell Delia to run away, but the temptation is too strong.

'I'm only flesh and bones; I can't resist the temptation.'

Mercilessly, my hands reached up to her head and... They caressed her carefully.

Delia: "!!!!"

Her hair is soft and silky, and her fox ears are very fluffy inside.

'Good girl, good girl.'

I kept stroking.

For moments, Delia raised her head, wanting to tell me something. But when our eyes met, she lost all her courage and lowered her head again, along with her tails and ears. Seconds later, she gathered her courage again, but again lost it as she looked at me.

This was repeated three times.

'Too cute.'

"So cute," I couldn't help but say it out loud.

Hearing my words, she lifted her head and looked at me with a big smile.

"Thank you!" 10 perfect points.

Immediately the sky cleared, flowers grew around her, and birds gathered near her... Or at least that's what happened in my mind.

'Ah, I want to take her home to take care of her and protect her.'

Emir: "!!!!"

'I- Impossible! Being near her is purifying me!!! I feel how my chivalry is regaining strength, and the thought, 'I have to apologize to Yair for punching him in the balls' is starting to appear... Nooo!'

I quickly backed away from her and changed the subject.

"There is no need for money. Now that we're done eating, let's team-up. My name is Emir. What's yours?"

"I'm Delia."

With such words, we put the gems of our Union Necklaces together, and seconds later, an icon with Delia's image appeared on my user interface.

'Right now, that's where the [None] class comes in handy! Delia looks 19. But someone that adorable can't be that age!' 

[Classes]

[None Lvl 32]

[Believer Lvl 7]

[Priestess Lvl 12]

[Saint Lvl 4]

'Right, she's not that age... She’s 32-... But that's not important anymore! She has the Saint class!!!'

I can't deny that the thought crossed my mind, but I never thought that the fox girl in front of me really was the same Saint from Alessia's story. After all, Delia was banished from the Solus temple, with her class falling to [Believer] Who would go back to the place where it all fell apart?

'Mn, it has logic. Religious people are like that… they always carry all the suffering alone.'

[Saint] is a class associated with legends. Many books have been written with them as protagonists. 

'Will I be able to activate a legendary class just with my humble UI?' 

[Delia] [Saint Lvl 4]

'Mn, I can.'

Apparently, my user interface is on the same level as the legendary classes.

'As expected from 50 points in luck… my parents gave birth to a son with infinite cheats to make his life easier.'

[Saint Lvl 4]

[A devout and pure-minded person capable of creating miracles with her healings.]

[Priestess Lvl 12]

[A devout and pure-minded person who helps the earthly world by following the word of God.]

'None of them mentions anything about her body, huh? Haa... I'm sorry Delia, but I can't let such a unique woman escape.'

Without hesitation, I took out from my inventory the magic item that Yair gave me, I mean the [Identifier Tablet].

"Delia, you told me you were a [Believer], right? Can we check it? My instinct tells me you're something more than that."

"I-It's okay."

Her cheerful mood immediately disappeared, and with a bit of fear, she placed her hand on the Identifier Tablet. The next second, her name along with her class appeared on the magical object.

[Delia] [Priestess Lvl 12]

Delia: "!!!!"

She opened her eyes wide, and the next second they became noticeably moist.

The Solus temple, through certain actions, made her class drop to [Believer]. So, regaining the Priestess class means she worked hard and completed the main task numerous times.

Keeping the Solitary temple clean and waiting patiently every day for someone to come to pray. It must have given her a great deal of experience, and naturally the [Priestess] class came back as the main class.

From beginning to end, she always thought she had the [Believer] class, and so she was thrilled to realize she was wrong.

"Come, hug me," I said softly and warmly.

Very moved by the realization, she comes up to me and gives me a hug.

I can feel her tears, slightly wetting my clothes.

***

At the same time in another place.

"A- A- A- Achu!" Yair sneezed loudly.

After pulling himself together, he looked everywhere. With his current level, it's impossible to catch a cold, let alone sneeze for no reason. The only thing that came to his mind is...

'- That commoner must be misusing my [Identifier Tablet]! Once I see him, he'll regret stealing from me!'

From that day on, Yair's sneezing became frequent.

 

109