Ch 77: I’m walking a tightrope here
3.6k 12 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The skill I got by activating [Great Adventurer] is...

[Inventory (Ex) Lvl. Max] [3|3]

[The inventory is available at full capacity. Flow has increased to its maximum]

'Flow? That's too ambiguous… Later, I'll try to figure out what this word refers to. Besides, it's a great joy to know that the materials were not wasted and the skill was upgraded without the need to reorder new materials.'

As for the skill [Knight] gave me...

[Counterattack Lvl 1] [0|3]

[The art of blocking and deflecting is nothing if it is not accompanied by a counterattack. Slightly increases strength when counterattacking after blocking or deflecting].

[Upgrades 0 of 3]

[To upgrade to the next level, the following materials are required: (A Golden Feather), (A Mane of Fire), (An Aged Root)]

'It's a pity it doesn't activate when dodging.'

Knights are slow because of the weight of their armor, so their chances of dodging are low. It's more common for them to block or deflect. The only good thing is that this is a passive ability. So, there is no need to activate it previously by a spell.

The skill I got from the [Sword King] class is...

[Critical Chance Lvl 1] [0|3]

[Small increase in the chance of critical attacks.]

[Upgrades 0 of 3]

[To upgrade to the next level, the following materials are needed: (A Tear of Eagle) (An Invisible Claw) (An Iron Fur)]

'Critical Attacks! It tells a legend that this is how a hero defeated a dragon in a single attack. If the legend is true, I have a glorious future ahead! The only remaining skill is... Where is the last skill? No, no, no, no. It's imposible. Where is [Space Travel]?!'

I looked all over the skill list, and it's nowhere to be found. Don't tell me...

[Status] [Skills] [Magics] [Inventory] [Settings]

The [Magics] menu was unlocked. That means that...

[Space Travel Lvl 1] [0|3]

[Ability to create a connection between different points in the world. Requires a spell for activation. Requires the user to have visited the location before.]

[Upgrades 0 of 3]

[To upgrade to the next level, the following materials are required: (A Centennial Carapace) (A Magnetic Rock) (A Fragile Thread)]

This answers the question that has been asked for quite some time. Is Space Travel a skill or magic? The answer is now obvious. It is magic.

Each of these skills and magics requires three materials for upgrading. I'll have to go to the library again to find out which monsters drop them as loot.

"Mm?" I looked to the side.

There is a cute fox girl who is cautiously looking at me as if she is careful not to be discovered. 

'Ah, right… Coming out of meditation, my mind was in a state of concentration. I even forgot why I was here and... who was accompanying me.'

"Did I break your concentration?" with some nervousness, she said, "You had your eyes open, so at first I thought you were awake, but I've also heard of people meditating with their eyes open, so..."

She gave one excuse after another to hide her curiosity.

"Delia, I got the class."

Delia: "!!!!"

Delia: "Congratulations! I knew you could!!!"

With a big smile, she congratulated me. Even her three tails, which previously did their best to hide under her clothes, now came out to wag back and forth, showing that they are happy too.

"Thank you. Come, you will be the first passenger I will officially take as [Traveler]"

At the thought of [Space Travel] magic, immediately a spell appeared in my mind. The spell spoke about the space of the material property and how to twist a dimension by bringing two points together.

'Although they are unintelligible words to me… why do I feel I can partially understand them?'

Seconds later, an illusory door appeared in front of me.

"Go ahead. Women first."

"Hehehehe, what place are we going to?"

"It's a surprise."

Smiling even more, she walked through the door, and I did so after her.

The next second, the cold weather caused by the snow disappeared, and now the clouds are above us. In front of us stands an old temple.

"The Solitary temple! I can never get used to the drastic change that happens when you walk through a Traveler's door." Delia circled around several times, looking around to make sure everything was real.

With the inventory, I unequipped all the extra clothes I had put on her and also did the same for mine. Although the weather is still cold, it's not as cold as being surrounded by snow.

"Huh? How did you-" I interrupted her.

I walked up to her and hugged her. And, with our faces so close to each other, I moved a little closer and... I kissed her.

"Mmn nmnn mnph ahmn"

Our kiss is awkward. And, even though I inserted my tongue into her mouth, she still doesn't seem to react to the situation. Seconds later, she came to her senses and pulled her mouth away from mine.

"Everything that happened today seems predestined. What is the probability of meeting you just when I am lost? That you also knew how to get me to the top of the mountain, and not only that, but I also got the class commonly known as one of the hardest to get. If not destiny, then what is it?"

She was about to answer, but I jumped ahead of her words to steer the topic, especially towards the next sentence...

"Delia, I love you... If we try, I am sure you will get the [Saint] class back."

Many books and legends have narrated how a Saint loses her class and, after many highs and lows, her class reappears. In all of them, it is because of the power of love.

"But you already have a wife!" She said it angrily.

Emir: "..."

'Ah, anything you say will be used against you, huh? Haa… If I had known, I would have kept quiet!'

"Having many lovers is normal. I'm sure my wife will accept you"

'Will she accept? Probably, yes. I not only have to worry about Alessia… If my parents find out about this, they'll kick the shit out of me between the three of them! I'm walking a tightrope here. I have to go on ‌carefully.'

"Besides, we already kissed. Only with me can you continue recovering the class. Otherwise, it won't be like in the legends."

If the Saints in the legends had been with more than one man, then that legend would have the tag netorare, or cheating, scaring away many readers. Such a legend doesn't sell, which is why all these Saints are women who have been with one man for their whole lives.

"You're bad"

'I'll take that as a yes.'

Again, I went up to her and kissed her.

"Mmnn lero mmhh ahnmn"

Although a little clumsy, this time Delia moved her tongue... And then I was surprised.

'W-what kind of tongue is this? It's a very long and wide tongue. While I reach part of her mouth, she's able to touch deep into mine. Were fox tongues always this cool?'

"So... do you want to ‌be my lover? You won't lose anything. Also, you will get happiness."

"Those are just fairy tales. That's because Saints should be pure."

I knew the topic would come up, but I already planned the answer. At that moment, I checked her status.

"And priestesses too, don't they? A kiss counts too, doesn't it?"

"!!!" Surprised, she said, "So, now I..."

"You haven't lost your class. Look at this."

I took out the magic item Yair gave me and put her hand on it.

[Delia] [Priestess Lvl 13]

"I leveled up..." she said, both surprised and relieved.

"That class isn't easy to level up, and yet it did. Isn't that already a hint?"

Delia: "..."

Miracles. Religious people are too sensitive to miracles. For a religious person, all the coincidences that happened today are clues that dictate the word of god. In other words... God wants me to cheat, Delia! I peeked up at the sky… 

'I won't get a lightning strike, will I?' No, it doesn't look like I will. Well, let's continue if God wills it.'

They are so sensitive to miracles that they can be considered experts in them. So, they can distinguish the genuine miracle from the false one. The thing is… meeting her when she was in trouble, getting the traveler class, and her class went up a level. These are things that can't be replicated! They can’t be fake miracles!

That's why... Delia is seriously thinking about accepting my proposal.

"Well?" I patted her head.

"... ... ... ...o-okay, but if I don't get the class... We'll end it all." Looking me straight in the eyes as she waited for my answer.

If she doesn't get the class, it would mean that we are not fated and, therefore, she will never fall in love with me. At least, that's what the look in her eyes tells me.

"I promise."

"Mn" she nodded.

We were about to kiss again when a chilly breeze blew through our bodies. Delia was only wearing her priestess outfit. So, when this happened, she shivered.

"Shall we go in?"

"Mn" she nodded again.

And so we entered the Solitary Temple for the night.

107