Ch 84: Thank you… Master
3.7k 5 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I already delivered the letter to my in-laws. They looked very excited. Once my mother releases you, I'll take you to visit them."

"Yes, I will be looking forward to it... How did they look? They always cared about me, so I thought they would make a fuss the moment they received the letter."

"Hm... I got a bear hug from everyone."

"Hahaha!" Alessia mockingly laughed at me.

Even though she's mocking me, her laughter is actually very contagious. I can't help but laugh too. Tears came to her eyes from laughing so hard; she must have recalled similar events that happened to her when they were on the same team.

"By the way, Alessia, what did the Saint you protected look like?"

"Why do you ask?" she tilted her head to one side.

"Being on the mountain, I remembered your story and got curious."

For a moment she looked up at the sky and then looked back at me and said, "She was a very beautiful and kind fox race woman. She did not look like a semi-human but rather a pure breed, as she had three tails. Her name was... Delia."

"I see."

'With this, I am sure. And what’s more... having asked that question will serve as a countermeasure for the future. Since, sooner or later, Alessia and Delia will meet.'

"Now with my new class, [Traveler], we can go to the Altamira labyrinth whenever we want-...."

"Alessia hasn't finished her training yet, so I have to say no to that," My mother interrupted me.

'But I haven't said anything yet! Well, it's true that I wanted to sneak Alessia into the labyrinth, so she guessed my thought.'

"Come on, Alessia, it's time to start the daily training."

"What will it be this time?" Alessia asked very excitedly.

"We will fight. I want to know how much you have improved"

Alessia:"..."

'- Ah. Why is it that everything looks black and white? Did my blood pressure go down?'

"My daughter-in-law can't be that weak. Come on!" Mother grabbed her arm and practically dragged her into the dojo.

The gleam in Alessia's eyes immediately disappeared. Even her breathing seemed to be weaker. All to play dead and make the predator go away. Of course, my mother didn't let go of her arm.

'Keep it up, Alessia; I'm rooting for you.'

"We told Alessia everything so as not to cause you any trouble; I hope you don't mind."

Father approached with pieces of firewood in hand and walked towards the inside of the house. I quickly caught up and followed him.

"Not at all. Thank you; it would have been complicated if I had told her."

"Are you saying that because you're unlucky? You think too much about it. You just have to find the right words, that's all."

After putting the firewood next to the stove, he poured himself a coffee and headed to the dining room. Even though I already had breakfast, I still poured myself a cup and joined him.

'I wanted to ask him about something. I'll take advantage of this moment.'

From my inventory, I removed the Identifier Tablet and placed it on the table.

"It doesn't look like a common magic item. Do you know how to use it, father?"

"Oh, this magic item… I have seen it many times. Did you steal it from a noble?"

"...It was given to me as a gift."

"Hahaha, I see. When your mother and I were young, we were also gifted with many interesting things."

'Ah, all adventurers are like that.'

"I don't remember its name, but it's a magical identification item, as you may know."

As he said it, he put his hand on the tablet.

[Joel Lvl 51] [Class: None]

"Haa... It's not even configured." He took a sip of coffee and said, "This item is made by magic item refiners, but they created it based on trial and error. Even they don't know all its possibilities."

Looking at it carefully from all sides, he stopped at a certain place and pressed a button.

"...Slavery Filter" After reciting a spell, he finished with such words.

The next second, the result changed slightly, showing...

[Joel Lvl 51] [Class: None]

[( )]

"Nothing appears on mine, but if Alessia touches it, it will appear that she is a slave. This item is normally used by knights who come from a noble house. As they will be in contact with so many people, they can only trust those to whom they have corroborated her identity."

'I see. Since Yair planned to head for the war on the border after the trap room, he most likely planned to ask someone to set it up before his departure.'

"What other configurations do you know, father?"

"Mm, let me remember..."

While my father explained about the other settings of the magic object, I took it in my hands to look for the same button he pressed earlier. I looked at the magic object so much that my user interface reacted by showing me its detailed description.

[Identifier Tablet]

[An invention that revolutionized mankind. Created by Aister Coft while drunk. To his luck, he recorded the whole creation in detail and was able to replicate it successfully. Being the creator, he hid three secret commands, but he almost forgot them because of the hangover. -Read more...]

Emir: "..."

'Worst description ever!!! My father earlier described it as if a large group of people had poured sweat and tears into its creation, but the sad reality is that someone did it by sheer luck, AND while drunk! Ahh…' 

I unconsciously looked at the pulley bow I have in my inventory. 

'What horrible description will it have? After all, it was created by an archer while drunk! Ah, right. Likely, my arrows were also created like that...'

'[Read More]'

After pressing on 'read more', the description expanded considerably, showing each of the commands on the identifier tablet. And not only that. Each one of them came accompanied by a description and its corresponding spell for activation.

"Hey are you listening to me?" said my father in an angry tone.

"Yes, the [Royal Blood] filter is activated by the spell..."

I read the spell attached to the description.

Father: "..."

'- He was actually listening to me! For a moment I thought he was distracted already... A fly started to walk across his hand, and he didn't even react.'

After reciting the spell, I scratched my hand. I don't know why, but it's itching.

I patiently listened to all the settings my father knew, but he spoke of very few compared to the description delivered to me by the user interface. Among them were the settings for Affiliation, Slavery, Prohibitions, Royal Blood, and Seals.

When I asked if there was a command that could reveal the secrets of my status, he replied...

"Those are all known configurations. The one who told them to me was someone who had a grudge against royalty, so you won't be able to hear about the settings for Royal Blood, Prohibitions, and Seals from someone else. They are secrets known only to certain nobles, so don't worry. If there was a way to see multiple classes with this magic item, I would already know about it."

Hearing that lifted a great weight off my shoulders. Even though I had already corroborated that magic items can only see the first class, no one had ever assured me before that there wasn't one that could.

So, hearing those words from someone with 50 points in luck puts my mind at ease.

Now, that's not to say that the Identifier Tablet can't do it. There is a command to view multiple classes. The thing is... The activation spell is immense! Hopefully, it won't be discovered even in the next century.

After my father drank his cup of coffee, he went back out of the house. In the meantime, I made certain modifications to the Identifier Tablet and then headed for the dojo.

Upon arrival... I see Alessia passed out on the floor.

Emir: "..."

I cautiously approached, avoiding my mother. If she discovers me, she will want to train with me as well.

"Alessia... Alessia... Alessia..."

No matter how much I called out to her and squeezed her cheek, she didn't wake up.

'Well, it's time to bring out the heavy artillery.'

"We're going to be parents!"

Alessia: "!!!!"

She immediately woke up.

'Hey! Don't wake up like you had a nightmare.'

"How long have I passed out this time?"

'This time? She must have suffered a lot of injustice while I was gone.'

"I'm sorry, I just got here."

"I see... Why are you smiling?"

"Put your hand on this magic object and you will know."

Alessia: "????"

Although she seems to have many doubts, she put her hand on it as I ordered her to.

[Alessia Addari] [Adventurer]

[[Slave]]

Alessia looked at the result without understanding.

In response, I smiled and modified her status.

"...Put your hand back."

"...mn, okay."

[Alessia Addari] [Adventurer]

Alessia: "!!!!"

Alessia: "What did you do, master, why did 'Slave' disappear?"

Among the modifications I made with the identifier tablet is the command to hide the level. That way, when Alessia or Delia want to see her status, they won't be able to see how fast her level has risen!

As for the disappearing 'slave' state. I did this through the user interface. That time I found out about her Blood Seal, I also realized about the [Visible] and [Hidden] options.

Therefore, I simply moved it back and forth, getting as a result...

[Visible]

[]

[Hidden]

[(Slave) (Masochist Lvl 6) (Blood Seal Lvl 33)]

Just because they are hidden does not mean they are not active. The biggest example of this is the Blood Seal, which still works even when hidden. Of course, I also hid Masochist to avoid problems.

"You are still my slave. I just did a little trick so no one could know you were one. So, from now on, don't worry; you can go for a walk wherever you want without anyone discriminating against you for being a slave."

So far, it hasn't happened to us, but there are many places where people discriminate against slaves. With this, Alessia will be able to go out with her friends without worrying about the possibility of people knowing of her status.

With her eyes slightly moist, she said, "Thank you... Master... Thank you."

 

94