Ch 101: The three sages
2.2k 8 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'- This... Can't I control my strength? It's more... Why do I feel stronger?'

At breakfast, Delia started moving strangely. Raising her arms, standing up, and sitting up from the seat. All this while having her brow furrowed.

And then she looked at me.

'- My greater agility at reciting spells and now my strength... What are you hiding from me, Emir?'

If looks could kill, Delia would have already applied five times overkill on me with the added effect of domestic violence. I don't need to be a genius to deduce her thoughts… From her previous behavior, I already have a pretty good idea of what she's thinking.

Delia: "..."

Emir: "..."

'But I won't say anything until she asks!'

'- If a Saint is destined for someone like him, then it means that he possesses something of the same value. I don't need to ask. He'll tell me at some point in our lives.'

With a slight smile on her face, Delia went back to biting her bread and continuing her breakfast.

'Whew, this humble me has made it through another day.'

The big difference between Delia and Alessia is their bodies. As Delia is weaker than Alessia, she can feel the slightest changes in her body. Since what is normal for an adventurer, will be something extraordinary for her.

Even more so, thinking that I directly added 10 points to a single attribute...

"Emir, what happened after you followed those knights?" 

With breadcrumbs on her lips and a mustache made of latte, her adorableness is blinding.

To the point that I had to try 10 times harder to remember what happened yesterday.

"We descended the mountain and entered Denir city without any problems afterward..."

I told her everything that happened without hiding anything from her. I do this because there really isn't anything important that needs to be hidden. The little things I didn't say were simply so that I could lighten the story and make it easier to understand.

Of course, hypnotizing them and deciding to wear a mask the whole time are such insignificant events that they are not worthy of being narrated.

I especially took into account that, thanks to the protection of Saint Delia, everything turned out just fine.

"I see. It's good that nothing bad happened to you... I never thought that helping someone could have an outcome like this," she said, depressed.

'I understand how it feels.'

That, after helping someone, they then return the favor with enmity is not a nice thing to see. Those knights should have turned a blind eye to my abilities from the beginning out of gratitude. But instead, they started implying that if I didn't follow them, they would create problems for Delia.

'The memory of what happened makes me want to go back and kill them in retaliation... But they didn't intend to murder me or her. So, when they found out, thanks to me, that they were dealing with a Saint, I simply let the river take me, and unexpectedly a good outcome was reached. Now then... next time, it won't necessarily be like that.'

"It's the comings and goings of life. You don't have to think too much about it. It's hard to know if, by saving someone, you are doing good or evil. No matter how knowledgeable you are, at some point, you will save the wrong one. I am bad at saving people, but good at killing them. For me, saving someone is a whim of the moment… I don't care what happens next. The only ones I will run for are the ones I know, while the unknown ones I will just walk for."

I wanted to give a simple and concise answer, but my lips didn't follow me.

I ended up giving an infinity of arguments that I don't know if Delia will be able to understand.

The 'understanding' I desire does not possess a single result, as in mathematics, but one that can only be reached through experience. She has always been guided by the Solus Temple. So, likely, she will not get the right answer.

"Now you are a free bird. With some time, you will see the world in a way that is completely different."

Hearing my words, Delia put aside all thoughts, and with that, a tender smile appeared on her face.

"Mn!"

'Ah, too adorable.'

***

In the Dominir Town.

This time, I'm trying to advance towards my parents' house while acting incognito. And this is because all the times I visit them, I haven't even been able to surprise them. On the contrary, they end up discovering me fir-....

"Emir?" My mother's voice was heard at my back.

Emir: "..."

'At least let me finish my inner monologue!'

"Yes, you found me out."

"Hahaha. You look so bad with that hat on!"

Emir: "..."

Yes, I had a hat to act incognito, but I didn't get the opportunity to say it because she interrupted my inner monologue.

"I was just coming from buying bread. Did you have breakfast already?"

"Yes, but I'll still join you." I say as I quickly unequip the hat.

 'The first time it was for roast chicken, the second for chopping wood, and now it's for buying bread. What will be next time?  A penguin?'

I know there's no damn penguin in this place, but I also know that, with their luck, the damn penguin will fall from the sky. I think... I think it's time to resign myself. I'm going to throw in the towel now.

With dead fish eyes, I entered the house.

"Master!"

'Alessia, please cheer me up. I have suffered from injustice.'

"Mmnn Amnn Mnna Nmnnh."

'- Master is being more aggressive… Did something happen?'

The kiss with Alessia made my abnormal state disappear, and I released all the stress from the bullying applied by my mother. Now I feel like a new man.

Only then did we separate and look around us.

Alessia: "..."

Emir: "..."

'- Don't look at us like that. You started kissing in front of us. We just admired the scenery.'

I feel like my injustice bar is filling up again. At any moment, I'll go into a depressive state.

Luckily for us, breakfast was almost ready, and only the bread was missing. So I went and got a cup of tea and sat down in the dining room.

Once we were all gathered at the table, I spoke.

"I've enlisted in the war."

'I've always wanted to say that sentence.'

Of course, I didn't leave them intrigued and explained everything that happened. This time, I was more cautious while speaking. Since, if Delia's name came up, they would accuse me of infidelity, and I would be kicked to the curb between the three of them.

'If that were to happen, I wouldn't know whether to protect my face or my balls.' 

"Emir... Did you offend someone?" My mother said worriedly.

"No… Why do you ask?"

'- Because the reconnaissance group is always the place with the highest mortality!'

"...No reason," my mother sighed.

'- Since they crossed him off the list, there should be no problem. The rest will be up to him.'

'My instincts warn me that mother is hiding something from me, but since she didn't say it out loud, it shouldn't be anything harmful.'

"Do you know of any magic items that can help to increase levels easily?"

To change the subject, I mentioned the matter that has caught my attention the most in this last while, and that is Yair's sudden level increase.

Evolving the [Warrior] class to [Knight] is not an easy thing. It took me quite a while to do it, even with the 60% discount. But the last time I saw Yair in the labyrinth, he was already a [Knight]. So, since he is a noble with royal blood, he most likely used some treasure to perform this feat.

'If that treasure is a labyrinth's loot… will I be able to collect it en masse without worrying about the damage to the environment or the flora and fauna?'

"There are some." says my father. 

"Which ones are-...?" I started to ask, but my mother interrupted me.

"But they are not recommended."

Mother took a sip of tea but still didn't seem to want to pursue the subject.

Then, I looked at my father and stared at him until he sighed and spoke.

"When you were a kid, we made you read a lot. We even gave you tests; do you remember?"

"Hahaha...I don't want to remember..."

My worst subject is... History. Too many names, and too many dates. I'm afraid that only the gallant clone will be able to remember all those books.

"Well, well, well. You're an adult now. Eventually, you'll get interested in reading. Anyway, one of those books talked about the sages of the past and their achievements..."

"Three of those sages were very important in terms of the research about [status], and leveling up."

"The first sage was born more than 800 years ago and was born with the ability to see the [MP] attribute of people. After much research, he concluded that, by obtaining classes concerning magic, the [MP] increased more, compared to those who had classes not suited for magic."

"With the ability to see the MP stat alone, the sage couldn't conclude the use of the other stats. So, the next two Sages were very important to continue the research... or at least they should have been." Father continued speaking.

"The other sages were the most selfish and elusive. They had to be captured and tortured to get them to cooperate. Unfortunately, they were captured when they were already advanced in age. And, about 10 years later, they died."

67