Ch 117: An opportunity to remember old habits
1.8k 3 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I reset my status points and trained Delia with 60 points in luck. This was extremely beneficial to both of us. Since, as I explained while demonstrating the move, she replicated it without any problem.

I also trained her to fight against other people. In other words, Delia fought against me. Since my desire is not to hurt her, she did not suffer from paranormal events as I and Alessia did when fighting against my parents.

This hints at something very important... That time, my parents enjoyed watching Alessia and me suffer.

Although I originally promised to take her to the labyrinth another day, I had nothing to do today. So, after Delia ate her predator, we went to the labyrinth to level up.

Since being with her I must compulsorily have the [Agility + Strength] profile active, I didn't level up at all. But, of course, she did.

In the evening, I returned home with Alessia. And again, I found her exhausted and sore from training. This time we didn't make love.

'Tch.'

Well, I've been talking in the past tense all this time, and it's just that yesterday was so peaceful… I wish every day was like that... I say this because, currently...

"AAAH! Damn it! Stop following me! Fight one at a time!!!!"

"Hahaha! Kill that guy! Do you dare to attack us and then escape? You are dreaming if you think you're going to get out of this alive!"

"Bullies! You're all bullies!!!"

Did I skip too much history?

Well, let's go back in time a bit.

After breakfast at my parents' house, I headed off to war.

"I don't want to accept it, but if I don't move my body, I get bored."

That time, before talking to the 3 annoying beauties, I fought against the soldiers of the Drial Cenit kingdom, and because of my arrows with skills, the battle didn't last more than 5 minutes. This time, I want to fight for longer and thus release stress with them.

With the map roll in hand, I copy from the UI map all the places and movements made by the enemies. Minutes later, about 15 symbols with different arrows around them are drawn on the map.

I don't know what I'm trying so hard for if my entire paycheck was taken by that corrupt commander. But the truth always comes out, and at some point, that commander will be reported to justice, who will then bribe the jury to put him on probation...

'Wait… my story didn't end as well as I had hoped.'

Putting the roll away in my inventory, I begin to investigate which group is most feasible to fight. It's at that very moment that I see a strange group across the map. It's only 10 red dots advancing at a fairly normal speed.

If it were any other time, I would think I was in luck. But then Miria's words come to mind… She said that some missions are done by elite soldiers. If this group is one of them… 

'Do I stand a chance of winning?'

I don't get anything out of jumping to conclusions since I still haven't seen them face-to-face. So, I approached them to check their strength.

On a nearby tree, I can see them. There are 6 women and 4 men. All are Knights with levels between 10 and 19. There are 4 people in full armor, 2 men and 2 women, respectively. The others have light armor, protecting their heads, hearts, shoulders, and knees.

Since [Knight] is an intermediate class, and considering that to unlock it you need the [Warrior] class, this means that the experience needed to level it up is several times more than a basic class. In other words, even if their level seems low, they must have accumulated a lot of status points.

At least more than simple thieves or warriors.

I instinctively take the bow out of my inventory and concentrate, but then I stop. Constantly fighting with the bow must have rusted my sword skills… This is a perfect opportunity to remember old habits.

With my iron sword in hand, I activate profile [Agility].

"Why are the murders being concentrated in this place? No matter how much I think about it, I see no reason to consider this a strategic location."

"...a trap, maybe not in this place, but another one."

"Are you saying that they are diverting our attention?"

"It makes the most sense if you ask me."

While they are chit-chatting, I slowly approach their position.

I have already found the person who possesses the magic item to call for reinforcements. This time, it is a woman in full armor. From the small gap in her helmet, I am sure she is an incredibly beautiful woman, and that is to be expected. The higher level one possesses, the greater the beauty and the longer the life expectancy.

Fighting with the sword is very different than fighting with the bow, since with the latter I can plan step by step how to attack beforehand, but with the sword it all depends on the situation. Which is why, taking advantage of the surprise attack, I plan to assassinate the one who possesses the magic item and then those closest to her. The rest will fall on my skill and theirs.

"With what motive would they do-...?" The woman stopped her words midway and then looked toward the position of her heart.

There lies my sword.

Just before attacking, I changed the profile to [Strength] and, that way, I could cut through steel like butter.

"Jasmine!!! We're under attack!!!" Shouted the woman next to her.

I quickly draw back my sword and then turn my body 180 degrees with the sword straight. I didn't manage to stop the woman's scream, but I was able to pierce her stomach. To finish her off as quickly as possible, I turn my sword, causing her pain to immediately increase in intensity, thus destroying her internal organs.

With this, the two women in full armor are dead.

'Activate [Agility] profile.'

There is no one else near me, so I return to the original profile to increase my movement speed.

"Huh!" A soldier in full armor looked all around and then shouted at me, "You dare to attack us alone!!! And what's more... You murdered my companions right in front of my eyes!!! Prepare to die!!!"

"Be careful; his sword possesses abilities."

"From his movements, he must be a high-level [Swordsman]."

Even the man who shouted angrily was able to control his emotions and patiently wait for the others to catch up to the situation in front of them. Very different from those who attacked me without thinking about the consequences.

'I must act very carefully; they are not knights for nothing. Their experience is greater than mine, and therefore, the only chance to overcome them is by relying on the things they don't possess, like...'

*Swosh*

'My extreme speed.'

"How is it posi-...?" I cut off his head.

"It's not just his sword!!! He possesses magic items to enhance his speed!!!!"

I will focus on assassinating those who possess light armor so that I can decrease their numbers before they get used to my current speed.

"Smoke bomb!"

A soldier dropped a bomb on the ground, and at that very moment, smoke appeared surrounding the entire place.

"Regroup! Jans and Teo will be the vanguard. The rest of you concentrate on attacking from the rear!" shouted a woman.

"Right away!"

Unfortunately, not everything is within my plans, as, foreseeing my actions, they decided to protect those of lesser defense behind those in full armor. Jans and Teo are the latter.

The moment the smoke disappeared, they created a formation with Jans and Teo in front, while the others were at their back with different throwing weapons.

And only now, something very important occurred to me. 

'Why didn't I go by the map at the moment the smoke surrounded everything? I'm still not used to fighting while using the UI for support. If it was with the bow, it's quite possible that I would have done it perfectly. Since when I am away from the enemy, I tend to think more calmly. Now that I am fighting alone against Knights, this is when I feel the most uneasy. But I will learn from this mistake. When fighting, I must always keep the map in mind.'

*Swosh*

"Here it comes! Raise the shields!"

With the given orders, Jans and Teo raised their large shields. From my perspective, these look-alike walls are blocking my way.

"Now! Throw everything you've got!"

The next second, from the sky, fell daggers, arrows, bombs, needles, and even large stones. Just the sight of them is enough to make me dizzy and lose all my courage. 

'H-hundreds of things are falling from the sky… How can I even concentrate on avoiding them all?'

47