Ch 118: Bullies! You’re all bullies!!!
1.6k 10 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Because that memory is still fresh, I unconsciously looked to the lower right corner and then... I smiled.

'Ha! Who would have thought?'

Unexpectedly, my previous mistake would end up giving me the solution to this dilemma.

There, on my circular map, is recorded the movement of all the objects thrown in my direction. What does this mean? It means that I can easily see the path to follow in order to avoid all their attacks!

"Die!"

"Even with your speed, you won't be able to avoid all the attacks!"

"This goes in honor of all my comrades you murdered!"

Putting all my trust in the map, I start running diagonally. 8 steps later, I walk for 1 second to the right and again start running, but this time in a straight line.

The more weapons they throw at me, the more complex the movement becomes. And yet, with the map, I have a complete overview. With some thought, I can avoid all their attacks as efficiently as possible.

"What's going on?"

"How is this possible!!!"

Seeing that their strategy was not working, many of them fell into a panic.

"Everyone, shut up and listen to me! The moment Jans and Teo block his attack, we must all attack him at the same time! Is that clear?!"

"Yes, Captain!"

Within 3 seconds, I will get in front of the fully armored soldiers and receive a joint attack from all of them. 

'Should I take advantage of their moves or execute my strategy? Hmm... Even though I want it, I don't have a strategy-...'

Seeing two daggers and an arrow in the sky heading towards me, a glowing stone lit up in my mind.

At the last second, I stopped running and stopped right there.

The arrow is the first to reach me due to its aerodynamic structure. And, with a swing of my sword, I successfully deflected it. It is at that very moment that I feel my strength suddenly increase.

Smiling again, I swing my sword, this time to deflect the two daggers approaching me. As I do so, that strange feeling floods me again….

Moving forward just a few more steps, I find myself in front of Jans and Teo.

"As soon as he tries to overtake us! We'll all attack at the same time!!!!"

"Yes, captain!"

I see how everyone unsheathes their weapons and positions themselves on either side of Jans and Teo. 

'Hmm, anyone who tries to advance on their sides will immediately be skewered by weapon diversity. Of course, my intention was never that.'

[Counterattack Lvl 1] [0|3]

[...Slightly increases strength when counterattacking after blocking or deflecting.]

Smiling even more, I shouted, "Activate [Strength] profile!" 

'I don't need to say it aloud, but it feels great.'

The strength provided by my Status, added to the strength accumulated from deflecting three attacks, caused the mammoth strength in my body to reach levels never seen before. I can vaguely feel a thirst for blood flooding through me, a thirst that compels me to fight eternally until I am the only one left standing.

Without paying too much attention to this feeling, I position my sword in a straight-line and...

I pierced through Jans' shield.

"... What? How?" Jans looked down at his chest, specifically at his heart.

"Rest in peace."

Without giving him time to feel the pain, I swing my sword 180 degrees, causing his heart to be instantly destroyed, and with that, Jans falls to the ground with golden particles surrounding him.

"Jans!!" shouted some of them in despair.

"Quickly, support Teo!" shouted the captain.

But it's too late now.

From the beginning, Jans and Teo kept their shields up front. So, what would happen if one of them fell? Simple: their sides would become their weak point.

I just take one more step forward and then swing my sword horizontally.

"Teo!"

Teo's head flies up in the air.

"Attack! Attack!" they all shouted with rage in their eyes.

This risky move would not only become his weakness but also mine. Their original plan was to attack me from the sides. But now that I've interrupted them directly in the center of their formation, I find myself surrounded by them.

'Activate [Agility] profile'

As soon as the profile is activated, everything around me starts to move forward in slow motion. I can see all their attacks clearly, but I can't necessarily respond to all of them. 

'Time is pressing; I must get out of here.'

In the fraction of a second, I duck, and in the next fraction, I stretch my feet with all my might, performing a horizontal line jump across a small clear space in their formation.

The result is that their attacks hit the air, as I jumped out of their formation just before.

"Did he escape?"

"Look out! Behind our back!!!"

After quickly stabilizing myself, I approached the nearest soldier and cut off his head.

"Kill him! Kill him!!!!!"

"Smoke bomb!" one of them threw a bomb on the ground, and smoke surrounded the place.

"This is no time to get carried away by emotions! We must escape now!!!"

"But Captain! If we don't stop him, then-...!" He stopped his words midway.

"Christian?"

The captain sensed something strange, so he approached Cristian's location, but then he saw golden particles in front of him.

"The enemy can see through-....!" I pierced the captain's heart with my sword.

With the smoke spreading all over the place, the remaining soldiers followed protocol and ran in one direction. Thanks to that, I can attack them one after another without them shouting out a warning of my location.

When the smoke disappeared, all the soldiers also disappeared, but in golden particles. I killed them just before the smoke disappeared completely.

Learning from my mistake, I followed their trails across the map and managed to successfully flip the boards.

"Fuuh" I exhaled, and said, "It was a really difficult battle… not only did they know how to fight, but also how to adapt to the situation. Without the UI, anyone else in my place would have died. Now I understand why they call them elite groups."

Even at death's door, the captain tried to make it known that I could see through the smoke. If it wasn't for the general panic and the various screams, it wouldn't have been so easy to assassinate them.

All in all, I learned a lot from this fight. With this, my battle experience has increased another notch. In the future, when all the experiences are accumulated, I will be able to say that I know the art of war.

'Well, it's time to clean the place and get out of here-... Wait… why is there a broken sphere on the ground?'

Emir: "..."

I happened to look off in the distance, and... I see a lot of dust coming this way.

According to my map... +20 enemies.

'No, no. Wait... What's that? Why behind the dust I see more dust?'

According to my map... +20 more enemies approaching. So, that makes 40 in total.

'Well… fuck the spoils of war! I must escape!'

I turned around and was about to run when... I saw dust in the distance.

According to my map... +20 more enemies approaching from another direction.

'WHAT?!! F****ck!!!'

From then on, I started running like hell. In my mind, only the word 'F*ck' existed.

I saw a monster, and I shouted "F*ck". 

I stumbled, and I shouted "F*ck" again. 

The soldiers found me, and I shouted "F*ck". 

They started to throw arrows at me, and I shouted "F*ck. AAAH! Damn it, stop following me! Fight one at a time!!!!!"

"Hahaha! Kill that guy! Do you dare to attack us and then run away? You are dreaming if you plan to get out of this alive!"

"Bullies! You're all bullies!!!"

Since when did you ever see honorable soldiers fight a 60 vs. 1 battle?

It's because of these things that I'm glad I didn't attend school. Lately, bullying acts rampant, and no one is to stop it.

Now, thanks to my discovery, I can escape by correctly avoiding every single one of their arrows and any other throwing weapon. The map can show me all the moving objects, and that implies that their attacks will also be registered by it.

"Does this guy have eyes on his back! How can he avoid every single one of our attacks without even looking!"

"And what's with that speed? Did he evolve and grow a third leg?! Do his farts give him propulsion power?!"

'¡&%%$&%$&$%#$! Calm down. Concentrate on escaping. Their psychological attacks are fierce… I may be able to dodge their arrows, but their insults go straight through my ears. If I get out of this alive, I'll go straight to the psychologist Delia to tell her about all the injustices I've suffered.'

"It's getting closer to the river! Its movements will slow down! I'll give a reward to anyone who manages to hit him with an arrow!"

"Oooh!" They all shouted in excitement.

'Right! The river!'

Hundreds of meters ahead is the river that divides the two armies… if I cross it, there's a good chance they'll stop following me!

'Activate [Strength] profile!'

At the very moment I am facing the river, I activate my profile and then jump.

The strength behind my feet left a mark on the ground and caused the earth to be thrown in all directions. And as for me, the enormous strength threw me straight across the river.

Soldiers:"..."

'- Do his farts really give him propulsion power?' They all thought something similar.

'My injustice bar is filling up… And I don't know why!'

After stabilizing myself after the fall, I reactivate the [Agility] profile and continue running.

I hope this was enough to stop them. The river will noticeably slow down their movements, especially those wearing heavy armor….

I look back and, once again, I feel like cursing.

'They are still behind me! Should I cast [Space Travel] magic to escape from them?'

Wait... I just saw the solution on the map.

Squeezing all my strength, I headed towards the custom marker and shouted...

"Yair! Save me!!!"

48