Ch 119: Yair! Save me!!!
1.6k 4 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yair! Save me!!!!"

In the distance stand Yair, Alex, and knights 1 to 3. Not only that, but he now has 20 men under his command. The vast majority of them possess full armor, while only a few wear light armor. Those with heavy armor are [Knights] with levels between 1 and 5, while the others are simply [Warriors].

"Ha! A nameless commoner has encountered trouble and wants a noble to help him?"

"For talking like that, you didn't get promoted," Alex said.

"Alex! Don't think that-"

Yair interrupted him. "Quiet, everyone"

Raising his hand, Yair made all his soldiers keep silent, with none of them daring to snort. With his chest heaving and an incredibly proud smile, Yair looked at me.

Without saying a word, he let me pass, and I kept running, leaving them behind.

'- Is this what it feels like to see your enemy at his worst?' Yair thought.

Seconds later, the soldiers from the other kingdom met up with Yair's group.

"Everyone gets ready! This will be our first battle with the enemy! Don't be careless. We may have similar numbers, but real warriors are seen on the battlefield. Until then, nothing is written in stone!" Yair shouted heroically.

"Oooh!!! Yes, captain!"

With adrenaline coursing through their veins, they now found themselves physically and mentally prepared to fight this battle, but then...

"Captain!" A soldier with binoculars in hand approached Yair.

"Speak!"

"The second wave has 20 more enemies!!!"

Yair: "..."

'- The second wave? I have a bad feeling...'

They were about to start the fight with the first group when another soldier with binoculars approached him.

"Captain!"

"What do you want now?!"

"Um... the third wave has-...." Yair interrupted him.

"I'll kill you, commoner!!!"

'- Unexpectedly, that guy was hauling enemies to throw at me! That's why my sneezing has increased in intensity just today!'

'Well, I've moved far enough away to be able to appreciate Yair's death in high definition and without interruption...'

Although I have no idea what 'high definition' is, I feel it fits perfectly in the sentence, so I'll leave it as is.

Sitting on the grass, I watch as both groups fight. As the men under Yair's command are mostly knights, they have quite an advantage. So, it's very likely they will win the first round. But in a few more minutes, the second wave will arrive, along with the third at about the same time. In other words, if they don't defeat the first group before the last two waves arrive, they will suffer the consequences.

If it were any other time, then the minutes would fly by. But now every second is moving so slowly that the sweat is noticeable on the foreheads of everyone present. They know that time can play against them and that the deaths only add to its value.

And yes, deaths began to appear on the opposing side.

At some point, they managed to defeat 70% of the enemies, but the second wave is already visible in the distance. This is Yair's loss.

"Haa... Haa..." I sighed again and again while shaking my head. Then I said, "Well, I caused this. The least I can do is help them a little."

With that said, I get up from the ground and, with the bow in hand, I start to run to Yair's.

"With everything! With everything!!!!"

These are words that suddenly popped into my head, but I didn't know how contagious they would become...

"With everything! With everything!!!!" Everyone started chanting my phrase.

"Shut up!" Of course, Yair was the only one who didn't enjoy it, so he looked at me very angrily. "If you're not going to help, then get out! You're in the way!"

As I stand nearby, I raise my chest proudly and shout heroically, "Brother Yair, I see you're in trouble! But don't worry! This big brother will help you!!!"

"And whose fault do you think it is?!!!" Yair shouted angrily.

'- Besides, I'm not your brother!'

The answer got to him seconds later, not knowing that for not saying it aloud in time he would regret it for the rest of his life, but that's for another story.

'Activate [Strength] profile.'

I withdraw an arrow with the [Freeze] skill from my inventory and fire it towards the head of an enemy soldier. It flew through the air with no weather or adverse conditions to stop it, all thanks to the blessings of the bow.

Upon touching his head, he is immediately surrounded by ice, and in the next split second, the impact of the arrow destroys the ice, shattering his head into small pieces of crystals. The sight is as beautiful as it is chilling. His life has disappeared from one second to the next.

Yair: "!!!!"

'- The arrow or his bow, whichever it is, is granting him a battle potential far superior to his own. Killing a man in just seconds should be impossible for any other archer!'

From afar, I can see how Yair paused for a few seconds due to surprise. But then, gritting his teeth, he looked down at his sword. At that very moment, his sword was surrounded by a golden aura that circulated fiercely around the blade, as if it had a life of its own. And not only that...

That aura began to surround Yair!

[Sacred Way]

[The true path of a holy knight. Only usable by masters of the Cangani Sword Style. Lvl 1 needs the Warrior class. Lvl 2 needs the Knight class. Lvl 3 needs the Sacred Knight class]

'Right! It must be because of that skill contained in his sword!'

That time in the knight test, I clashed my club with that sword to send it flying through the air. Unexpectedly, Yair managed to find his sword. And what's more, I'm sensing danger coming from him.

"Let's end this quickly! The second wave is approaching!"

With such words, he approaches the enemy and swings his sword casually-... No, there is nothing casual about it. For a second, the sword seemed to come from above, but the next second it changed its course, making a horizontal line attack. The same move with which he attacked me in the knight test!

Anyone would think that such an attack, no matter how powerful, would not be able to cut through the heavy armor of his opponent, but... Quite the opposite happened.

It cut through the steel like butter and pierced the soldier's flesh without any resistance.

Emir: "!!!!"

'That aura is too dangerous. Almost on the same level as my arrows!' 

And worst of all, I have the [Strength] profile activated. He has none of that! This means that his battle potential has increased several times.

"Yes, captain!" It was only after overcoming the surprise that they were able to reply to Yair.

'Well, well. If I don't show some skill, I'll be being rude.'

*Fwooosh*

Upon touching the enemy, the arrow embedded itself in his armor, and then hellfire erupted inside it. Unable to extinguish the fire inside, the soldier died within seconds.

Yair: "!!!!"

'- Good, good, good. That's what we're with, eh?'

Without being left behind, Yair swung his sword in the air, and with that, the golden aura shot out of his weapon, forming a crescent moon. When it collided with the soldier, a large slash appeared in his stomach, killing him instantly.

Emir: "!!!!"

'Y-You! You! You are challenging me!'

Without a sound, the arrow with the Silence skill moves even faster than any other and reaches its target without even making a sound, piercing his head and killing him instantly.

Soldiers: "..."

'- While they are killing the enemy, should we brew tea or coffee?' All the soldiers looked resigned, as if they were suddenly unemployed and had nothing to feed their families with.

And so, almost at the same time, we both withdrew an MP potion and drank it in its entirety.

'- So those skills consume a lot of your mana, huh?'

'So that golden aura consumes a lot of mana, huh? Ha!' I shook my head. 'Hey, why are you shaking your head too?'

I wanted to retaliate by shooting some more arrows, but the last enemy fell into the hands of a man under Yair's command. So, momentarily, the battle came to a halt. It's about a minute until waves 2 and 3 approach.

"Captain, then..." Alex said, almost whispering.

Yair nods and says, "Yes, we'll have to owe them a favor."

"Right away, captain."

Yair removes from his storage ring a hollow rod and hands it to Alex. The latter, after taking it, steps back a bit and points it into the air. Then, a red light is shot from the rod in the direction of the sky, and it explodes, generating an extremely bright reddish light.

'I see, so that's a magic flare signal.'

Magic flares are visible to only two types of people: the one who witnesses the shot and the one to whom the signal is directed. This light will be invisible to everyone else.

'Now, to whom did Yair ask for help?'

50