Ch 120: Long live the Golden Archer!
1.7k 5 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the magic flare went out, silence reigned.

"What I was afraid of. They are too far away. I estimate they will arrive when the battle against the enemy is at its climax," Alex said.

"That's good. I expected that."

When the soldiers heard this, they looked at me with deep hatred. The reason is obvious. After all, the one who caused this whole mess was me. I can't deny that I feel a little guilty, but, well, sooner or later they would have to face the enemy.

This is the best time to gain experience in the art of war. If they can't understand... then there is no need to worry about them. They will die at some point anyway.

"Hey, look. This is the magic arrow that the archer used."

"It must be incredibly valuable. Literally, that archer shoots gold coins."

'Ahh, right' 

In the heat of the moment, I forgot to pick up my arrows. Casually glancing at the arrows far away, I put them away in my inventory with just a thought.

Soldier: "!!!!"

It was especially surprising for the soldier who had one of my arrows in hand as it vanished.

"Hmph... Stupid golden archer," he whispered.

'Golden Archer?'

Maybe he thought he was insulting me, but I feel like that nickname is perfect for me. I've never liked having my name recognized by everyone. So, having a nickname is the best option to keep me out of trouble.

Time passed, and the enemy group arrived in front of us. And it's not just the second wave, but also the third wave that joined them. In other words, 40 vs. 26.

The two groups joined and advanced in formation, then Yair looked at me.

"We have to destabilize them. Shoot one of their captains, Emi-...."

I interrupted him and said, "Golden Archer".

Yair: "????"

"Call me Golden Archer."

Yair: "..."

He opened his mouth several times, trying to respond, but then he gritted his teeth and shouted...

"G-Golden Archer! Shoot!"

"Right away!"

Stretching the string with the arrow possessing the Silence skill, I aim towards the possible captain of one of those groups. This is the best arrow when it comes to surprise assassination. Not only will it block any sound, but it also possesses incredible speed. Unless they see me shoot, it is almost impossible to detect it in the air.

After entering the state of total concentration, I shoot. It quickly flies through the air and arrives in front of the enemy, piercing its head. And it falls to the ground, dead.

"Captain!" shouted the people surrounding him.

'Well, my assumptions were correct. Now I must shoot the captain of the second group.'

Again, using the Silence arrow, I shoot at who is possibly the captain. Thanks to the sudden death of one of his men, they are in a state of confusion, and because of that, the arrow smoothly pierced through the head of another soldier.

"Captain!" Another group shouted.

With this, the two groups that hurriedly performed a military formation are now in a state of chaos. Even if a deputy captain appeared, it would take a substantial amount of time for him to establish order. And the question is… 

'Will Yair give them the time to stabilize?'

"Attaaaaack!!!" Yair shouted.

"Ooooh!"

'Of course not. Only a fool would.'

Unlike them, who can only fight at close range and need to get closer to the enemy, I simply stood in the same position, shooting arrows.

I've discovered something really important in these battles. And that is, if you lose sight of an archer for just a second...

*Fwooosh*

It's fatal.

Even though the arrow Freeze noisily approached a soldier, he couldn't react because all his concentration was in the direction of the enemy in front of him, and as a result... His head turned into an ice blizzard, which, the next second, shattered into small pieces of crystal.

"Long live the Golden Archer!" shouted Alex.

"Long live the Golden Archer!" Some of his companions supported his shout.

I like that guy. He clearly understood that I didn't want to give out my name and shouted my nickname so that everyone would only remember it as my identity. Even though Yair looked at him with a grimace, Alex simply smiled as he continued to fight.

Alex's actions alone won't make everyone remember this nickname, so...

*Fwooosh*

The arrow killed a soldier.

"Long live the golden archer!" shouted the man I just helped.

I help anyone I see in trouble by killing or severely harming his enemy. With this, the person will feel so grateful. And so, without anyone's command, he will shout my name himself.

*Fwooosh*

"Long live the golden archer!"

Yair: "Tch"

"Long live the captain!" shouted Alex.

"Long live the captain!" The others shouted.

Yair: "..."

As time went by, the number of deaths on the enemy side continued to grow, while on this side there were only seriously wounded, but no deaths. The Knight class is not to be despised. And not only for its status points but also for the Counter Attack skill, which is very useful. If you learn how to use it while deflecting attacks, your counterattacks will gain a multiplication in power.

"Captain, reinforcements are approaching!"

Just these words made everyone feel that the soul had returned to their bodies. They have been fighting for a long time, and there is still no end to the numerous enemies that appear. Now that reinforcements are approaching, the enemy is wondering if they plan to leave this place alive!

"Retreat!"

But the opposing side is also smart. Seeing that their men only came to die, the temporary captain immediately ordered a retreat. This is to be expected, as their attacks are becoming more conservative and focusing mainly on defense.

"Captain, your orders?!" asked Alex.

The enemy started to retreat, but without turning around. Everything is so planned that if Yair tries to follow them, it will be no different from attacking a cornered snake. There is a possibility that berserker soldiers will appear and seek mutual death.

"Leave them."

"But captain! It's the best time to-...!" said Alex. 

"We've made a significant contribution to the Castemira kingdom. But it won't be worth anything if we come out more damaged than we already are!"

"Yes, captain."

Emir: "..."

'No one will take away from me the idea that this is a false Yair. And that the real one is underground, serving as food for the worms.'

Seeing that we were not following them, the enemy group turned their back on us and started to escape faster, as if fearing we would change our minds.

At the same time as the reinforcements arrived in front of us, the enemy disappeared from our sight.

A man on horseback approaches Yair and, without hesitation, looks all around with a quizzical face.

"Mr. Yair, what can we help you with?"

'This man... I think I know him.'

His appearance is so common that he can easily be mistaken. The only remarkable thing about him is his elongated nose, but… well, such a nose is also common. Just by his appearance alone, I can’t remember him, but then I look at the words above his head.

[Fabio] [Knight Lvl 31]

[(Guild: Golden Lion)]

'Ah, now I remember him. It's the same man I unintentionally collided with and who warned me about my damaged badge. Hmm… He didn't seem like a bad person at the time.'

"Nothing. You were late." Replied Alex in a malicious tone.

And a knight next to him said, "The Great Golden Archer helped us. You guys are no longer needed!" Then he raises his hand and points in my direction.

Hearing this, Fabio looks at me with deep hatred. The nobleman's hatred was successfully transferred in my direction. After all, that's the same noble who initially didn't want to help me just because I'm a commoner!

Emir: "..."

I take it back. Fabio doesn't seem like a good person at all.

"You're wrong" Yair pulled back the knight who spoke, then looked at Fabio and said, "Their mere presence was enough to drive the enemy away. It's unfortunate that they couldn't help us in the fight directly, but that doesn't mean they can't help us."

Yair pointed toward his wounded soldiers and spoke again.

"Many of them need attention. Can you tell your men to move them on their horses?"

"Yes, it will be my pleasure." Fabio bows slightly and turns to his companions. "You heard him! We must help with the transfer of the wounded!"

"Yes, guild master!" They shouted in response.

They quickly carried the wounded towards the vanguard army. And, just before Fabio left, he looked at me carefully, as if trying to remember every part of me.

Emir: "..."

'Did I just make me a more annoying enemy than Yair?'

Did I say I didn't do anything to infuriate him? Because I didn't!

Instinctively, I bring my hand to my face and then sigh in relief. The mask is still there. And not only that, my clothing is deep black colored. These are clothes that I never wear in my daily life. So, he can’t recognize me.

With a smile on his face, Alex walks after Yair. And the latter walks in my direction and stops in front of me.

"Now then... hand me my Identifier Tablet."

50