Ch 121: I’ve been lacking luck lately!
1.6k 7 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Emir: "..."

'Does he still remember that thing? Haa, some people still live in the past. Tsk Tsk.'

"What are you talking about?"

"I am talking about the Identifier Tablet you stole from the adventurer who died that time in the labyrinth."

"Do you mean the items lying in the hallway? I see." I nodded, then sighed and said, "Didn't you think it might have been destroyed in the fight against the spiders?"

Yair: "!!!!"

'- It's true that some things were destroyed as if someone had stepped on them... I don't want to accept it, but the black widows likely destroyed them.'

Of course, before I went to help Yair, I ruthlessly stepped on every single object that most likely belonged to him. So, the excuse that the monsters destroyed it sounds very convincing.

"And what excuse do you have for what happened today? I have to report everything. I can't accept that you were casually followed."

"So it was."

"And do you want me to believe that they would make such a fuss just because of one man? Ha! Don't make me laugh!"

"You saw it yourself, with my arrows... Don't you think I'm capable of annihilating a small group?"

Yair: "!!!!"

Yair: "I see... Then, one of them reached out to call for reinforcements before his death. And you were forced to escape because the reinforcements multiplied to the level of three full waves."

With a hand on his chin, Yair spoke his thoughts aloud and then nodded.

"Well, that excuse is enough. Goodbye."

Then he turned and walked away from me quickly, as if he thought I carried some sort of potential pandemic contagious disease.

"Goodbye, Golden Archer. Have a nice day," Alex said goodbye.

"Likewise, goodbye," I answered politely.

Alone on the spot, I walked in the direction of the forest while observing my user interface. In all this time, I've raised a few levels. But I didn't want to touch status points for fear of my personality changing. That's over now!

'I'll add all the free points to luck. I've been lacking lately!'

[Emir] [Great Adventurer Lvl 3] [Archer Lvl 22] [Knight Lvl 4] [Sword King Lvl 2] [Leader Lvl 22] [Survivor Lvl 22] [Traveler Lvl 3]

[You have 18 free points]

All classes leveled up. As expected, some more than others, of course. The one that has gone up the most is Survivor. I have been risking a lot in these fights with the Drial Cenit kingdom. And all this effort has been reflected in the class.

And the one that has only gone up one level is... Sword King. I know it's a class with a glorious future. Since, if it evolves, it's possible to unlock [Sword Saint]. But in all this time, it's only gone up one level! 

'Just how much experience does it need?'

[Emir] [Great Adventurer Lvl 3] [Archer Lvl 22] [Knight Lvl 4] [Sword King Lvl 2] [Leader Lvl 22] [Survivor Lvl 22] [Traveler Lvl 3]

HP=20 || MP=10

Agility=23 || Strength=23

Intelligence=22 || Luck=15

[Resistances]

Physical=1 || Magic=0

Poison=0 || Curse=0

'Well, I won't add all the points to Luck.'

It was only 11 points. And I added the remaining 7 points to HP. 

'With this, my status is balanced again... Or so I think.'

I'm afraid that MP only has 10 points. 

'Should it be my next attribute to increase? Yes, it is the wisest thing to do.'

My arrows consume mana to activate their magic abilities. If I increase my MP, then my MP potion consumption will decrease.

As for the [Strength] and [Agility] profiles, they were similarly increased. I only touched the Luck and HP stats; the other points remain untouched. Thanks to this, my personality hasn't changed, even when I activated them for a few minutes to confirm that everything was in order.

When I reached the forest, I came to my senses and realized something very important... 

'I'm hungry. And if I'm hungry, then so is Delia.'

"...Space Travel."

The illusory door appears in front of me, but I don't walk through it. Instead, I remove a plate from my inventory and place a large piece of bear meat on it. With all this ready, I gently throw the plate through the illusory door, and then the illusory door disappears.

'Ready. Now my lovely fox girl won't have to go rabbit hunting.'

According to the map, Delia is in front of the statue of the Solus God. And I see that, suddenly, her blue dot acts strange. Seconds later, her dot starts moving in the direction of the dining room and successfully finds the bear meat on the table.

'She has an incredible sense of smell…'

Smiling, I conjured the Space Travel magic again, but this time in the direction of the Dominir village.

***

"Alessia?"

"She's at home," replied my mother with a smile.

My mother's smile is strange. It gives me chills. So, I said goodbye to her and headed towards the new house we rented. There I saw a beautiful girl with long blonde hair sweeping in the driveway.

"You look like a newlywed wife."

"Aren't I?" She said it in a joking tone.

"Mn, you're-..."

"Hmph" She interrupted me before I finished my cliché sentence.

Yet, her snort doesn't seem to have conviction. As the next second passed, she started smiling cheerfully. I open the outside door and walk over to her.

"Mnnn Ahnmn Mnnna Nnnmn Anmnnh"

Kissing each other at the entrance of the house, we look like a newlywed couple. Where the husband has just returned from work, and the wife warmly welcomes him.

'Of course, housewives get fat. Therefore, I won't get married.'

After parting our lips, I say, "Why weren't you at my parents' house? I thought we would have lunch there."

With an even more cheerful smile, she says, "That's because, if everything goes well tomorrow, my mother-in-law will give me the go-ahead. Training will end!"

Emir: "..."

'Wait... What about my childhood?' 

I suffered an entire childhood with my parents' hellish training. But now Alessia tells me that, after a few days, she has completed the complete course...

'Why do I feel pain in my liver?'

"My mother-in-law said that thanks to the multiple classes in my status, my strength and reflexes are in optimal condition to accept all the knowledge without many problems. Because of that, my training has reached the final stage."

Emir: "..."

'Why didn't I play with the user interface when I was a kid? Why did I tell myself not to play with such dangerous things? I should have done it, damn it! A whole childhood ruined by being too cautious! Haa. It would have saved me a lot of suffering if I had just pushed some buttons. I am sure I would have somehow learned how to use it, even if I couldn't read! Haa. I'm sure Alessia didn't get hit on the head, nor did they pull her ears. Why did they do it to me, then? Do I look beatable?!!! Haa. For sure, they did it because they didn't want to influence me with their luck at such a young age.'

"With this, I'll be able to accompany you in the war."

I immediately calmed down when I heard those words. After all, I remembered the day she killed thieves with me.

Honestly, I am a cold man when it comes to murdering people, but Alessia is different.

My parents raised me by telling me that it's okay to murder as long as the other person is bad. Over time, I understood that this can also apply to certain types of good people since... Not all your enemies will be bad people, and yet they will want to murder you in the same way someone bad would.

'Should I take this opportunity to make her as cold as I am when it comes to murdering people?'

"Yes, we will be together no matter what." I said.

"Mn, yes..."

'- Why do I feel that master's words imply something else?'

'I don't... I don't know if this is the best answer. Haa... Whatever it is, I'll leave it to my future self. Um, right. My future self will be tomorrow's. Alessia's final test isn't as far away as it seems.'

To change the mood, I enter the house. But, after only taking a few steps, I am surprised at the sight. New curtains, new carpet, new furniture, and a myriad of other items adorn the interior of our house. And I know some of them.

"I put some of the furniture I had stored in my inventory to decorate the house. The same ones we removed from our home in the capital. Otherwise, this place would look very empty. As for the rugs and other items, my in-laws gave them to me. They had a lot of things in storage, so they gave me several of them as gifts for being close to graduating."

'I see. That's why they looked familiar. But I must say that the vast majority are items that my parents never used and mostly remained in storage.'

"By the way, the things my parents gave you are all brand new."

"Huh?! Didn't they use them?"

"My parents have many acquaintances who, from time to time, come to visit them. Those visitors always bring them gifts, which my parents kindly accept. But, after the guests leave, they throw the items in the family cellar. And, usually, those items never come out of there anymore"

Alessia:"..."

 

49