Ch 126: Do you have a clear conscience?
1.5k 4 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"AAAH! Get away from me!"

"GRAAAA!!!"

Its skull has been damaged, but now it is too close!

With the [Agility] profile active, I've managed to distance myself a bit from it. But this monster seems to be increasing his speed at the expense of his HP, since somehow he's managing to catch up and follow me without giving me much of a head start.

"OGIII!!!! Graaa!!!!"

"AHHHH!!!!"

With all my effort, I began to recite a spell and then shouted, "... Space Travel!"

Jumping through the illusory door in front of me, I appear hundreds of meters away from the monster.

"Who's the bully now, huh?!!! Hahaha!"

Armored Boar: "..."

From then on, the monster seemed resigned to death. It no longer ran so much, nor did it roar so much… it seemed to be suffering from a lot of injustice.

Until it died.

[Protective Bone]

The bone is curved and is about 3m tall and 1m wide. It is one of the bones that came out of his back and served as armor, so it is very hard. I think that only with Alessia's sword, which possesses [Edge+], will I be able to damage it.

"Phew, if it wasn't for the Space Travel magic, I would have died of exhaustion, and then the boar would gleefully jump on my body."

'No one has seen me conjure the magic, right?'

I looked across the map for people nearby. But it was an unnecessary worry since there was no one nearby. No one would want to go near the territory of a dangerous monster.

Sighing, I head towards old Gerald's blacksmith shop, following my map.

***

"Mission accomplished."

Old Gerald: "..."

'- I see, I see. Now I get it... This guy wants to kill me with a heart attack! Who hired you?! I'll double the price!'

Old Gerald clenched his fists tightly as he looked at the bone on the ground. I know it must be hard to believe, but he gave me this mission today when I arrived in the city. It's impossible for me to know about this monster if he doesn't tell me.

"W- W- Well done... hmm… As for the fifth mission-...." I interrupted him.

"Before that, where is my magic item?"

"It's too expensive. Even if you meet the conditions..."

"Do you know that all those alcoholic bottles cost 3.5 gold coins?"

Old Gerald: "!!!"

Instinctively, Gerald put a hand behind his back. The same one in which he has the storage ring along with dozens of bottles.

"Don't worry; I have no interest in them. I just want to remind you that I've put a lot of effort into this friendship. Do you have a clear conscience like me?"

Old Gerald: "!!!"

Old Gerald: "Well, this will be the last mission! I'll give you that magic item and consider you my friend if you come out of this victorious."

Looking up at the sky, he proudly said...

"You need to seduce Melisa and sleep with her!!!"

Emir: "..."

'Hey! really? Have you ever had a clear conscience?'

Shaking my head, I said, "I don't sleep with just anyone."

"Repeat it till you believe it."

Emir: "..."

I want to deny it, but I don't find conviction in my thoughts.

To change the subject, I say, "Who is she?"

With a victorious smile on his face, he said, "Melisa is a crop owner with hundreds of hectares. She is a beautiful woman and takes good care of others."

"So... Why do you want me to sleep with her?"

"Because she's super annoying! I'm fed up with her! That woman… I'm sure..."

With a seriousness rarely seen, he said... "She needs maintenance."

Emir: "..."

"Once you sleep with her, she'll stop bothering me. I'm hyper-sure!"

'Hm… Just talking about it is enough to cheer old Gerald up to the point of becoming a few years younger. Just how annoying is that woman? I'm afraid of my future.'

"I won't promise you anything. First, I'll see her, and I will decide at that time."

"Well, well, go ahead. As for her appearance, she has nothing to envy anyone. Fare thee well; I look forward to the good news."

Seeing him say goodbye so politely to me gave me chills.

'Haa... Whatever happens, I'm going to have a little talk with her and see what happens.'

This time, old Gerald wrote down in detail Melisa's possible locations on the paper. Now every side street was written down, all in order not to lose me on the way.

Following the paper, I easily managed to find Melisa.

[Melisa] [Farmer Lvl23]

She is a beautiful woman, apparently 27 years old, with waist-length dark brown hair that has two blonde front locks. Her breasts are around the C cup, and she possesses a delicate figure. In a nutshell... she has the charm of a mature woman who is ready to be a wife at any time.

'Well, here we go. No promises.'

***

*Omniscient POV*

"Will that brat succeed?"

Old Gerald paces back and forth in his blacksmith shop, biting his fingernails in nervousness.

"I have no intention of being in the store. I'm going to close it."

In the end, his nervousness got the better of him. Since he is not concentrating, he might as well close the store to prevent his weapons from rusting any more than they already are.

And yes, he realized a long time ago that his weapons were rusty. But he is too lazy to change them, so he left them as they are. For more than 5 years, the weapons haven't moved. And no one has noticed the shady business behind the scenes. And so, unknowingly, at some point he stopped being cautious.

After closing the store, he goes to the second floor. In front of him is a door with more than seven locks. And all of them are magic locks!

So, since they can only be opened using the owner's mana, a third party can’t open the door.

Stretching out his slender hand, he touches one of the locks, and then the mana in his body is forcibly sucked out. The next second, all seven locks opened automatically.

The interior of the room is very simple. It only possesses three objects. A table, a chair, and a telescope. Anyone would think that old Gerald is engaged in stargazing at night, but that is a very innocent thought. After all...

The telescope is pointed at the window of a house!

Old Gerald is a stargazer!

"Come to think of it, that woman is very strict with men. Although she's good, she tends to be obsessive about work. Hmm…. Maybe I'm getting my hopes up on that brat."

Originally, Melisa inherited a small farm from her parents, along with some workers who have been there for years. Time passed, and it proved that hard work pays off. She managed to multiply the crop several times over and even bought the surrounding land to increase her crop even more.

The result was hectares full of different species of plants arranged according to their type, resulting in a diversity of harvests in each season.

"I've done enough for the brat. If he's smart, then he'll show her the loot of that monster. With it, he'll earn some points with Melissa."

Even as temperamental as he is, he realized that Emir has a talent for defeating monsters! The loot he had stored in his inventory was the biggest proof of this. But even so, he would never have thought that his talent completely exceeded his expectations.

Initially, he thought that Emir would scare the monster away, come out with some wounds, and then get Melissa's attention. But he defeated the monster!

And not only that, but he came out unscathed!

This gave him two contradictory feelings. He wanted to beat the brat up and, on the other hand, to throw him into the air with happiness. Of course, his anger got the better of him, and his desire to annoy him went up in the air.

From his storage ring, he removes a cup with a bombilla inside and leaves it on the table. Then, he cheerfully starts drinking mate. After all, old=mate, it is practically a mathematical equation.

"Oh, Melisa has just returned to the house. By now she must have met the brat. Depending on the clothes she wears, I'll know how their relationship is going!"

Putting the mate aside, he moved his eye closer to the telescope.

There he saw Melisa's room, which is very tidy by the way, with a double bed in the center, a bedside table on the right, a wardrobe on the left, and a small bookcase in front. And on the walls, some portraits of her family.

But old Gerald did not concentrate on such trivial things, but set his sights on the person in front of the wardrobe guard… Melisa

Melisa browsed through all the garments. Seconds later, she picked out beautiful garments that accentuated her figure, but what caught old Gerald's attention the most is...

"Se- Se- Sexy underwear! But!!! You're just getting to know each other, woman!!!"

50