Ch 130: I forgive you because you’re impotent…
1.8k 9 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But again, a feeling stopped me. One that I have always had but that, after a certain trial, I thought had been removed.

Of course, I mean my chivalry.

This time, even when I want to escape from Melisa's house, my chivalry stops me. Every time I think of leaving, the following words come to mind 'You can't leave a woman you spent the night with alone. At least have breakfast with her, and then say goodbye like a man!'

'Ugh!!! This stupid chivalry!'

This time, my fight with this feeling is unwinnable. Since, despite everything, I also feel some guilt.

I have no choice but to go to the kitchen and prepare breakfast. If I can't win, then I'll end this as quickly as possible.

"Ah, right."

Just before I got out of bed, I remembered something extremely important. I remove a contraceptive sticker from my inventory and carefully stick it on Melisa's belly. When it stopped glowing, I removed it.

'It's better to be safe than sorry.'

'- Well done, brat' Someone nodded in the distance.

***

'Oh, my God, blessed Solus! It took me three hours to get out of that house!'

Luckily, I remembered I had business to discuss with old Gerald, and I gave her the excuse that I had things to do. So, Melisa agreed to let me go.

Although I cringe at this experience, it's a good thing I went through it. At the end of the day, you learn from mistakes. After this day, I will know how to recognize women who urgently need maintenance. It's best to stay a few miles away from them to avoid problems.

Sighing, I open the door of the blacksmith's shop, 'Hammer Without Limits', and see old Gerald at the counter. His current appearance is too funny. He has dark circles under his eyes. And one of his eyes has a marked red circle, as if he had been stuck on something circular for a long time.

And, most of all... he looks a little fat, as if he's been eating all night.

"Here you have, bra-.... boy" He threw something at me.

'- I initially thought he was under 18. But, after knowing that he defeated that monster and also witnessing how he performed with Melisa, I'm sure he must be at least 23 years old!'

'Boy? Why do I feel like my supposed age has suddenly increased? Hm... It must be my imagination.'

I quickly caught the object. It's a black stone with an oval shape. It is very smooth to the touch and partially reflects the surroundings.

[Perception Inhibitor]

"That magic object prevents your face from being recognized. Even your mother will not recognize you. Secondly, your face will be forgotten when people move away from you. Thirdly, partially your body will also be forgotten. And lastly, the strength of these effects is controllable. So, if you want someone to recognize you, there is no need to un-equip it."

'Good. With this, I'll be able to secure a path where I can share time with Alessia and Delia without needing to neglect one or the other.'

"Wouldn't you happen to have another one?"

Old Gerald: "..."

'- Do he think magic objects appear under rocks?'

He looked at me with an unpleasant expression. Unexpectedly, he didn't insult me but sighed and then shook his head.

"Actually, I do have another one, but… how much would you be willing to pay for it? It is worth 10 gold coins, but it is the last one I have left. Selling it to you would mean never seeing a similar object again. And they are extremely rare. If it weren't for the performance you showed me last night, I wouldn't even-..." I interrupted him.

"Hey! Were you peeping?"

Old Gerald: "..."

Old Gerald: "With all that said, 20 gold coins is the number I'd be willing to drop it for."

'Hey, don't change the subject. Haa... Whatever it is, I forgive you because you're impotent.'

'- Why do I feel like that boy is thinking something rude? Should I hit him just in case?!'

"Aren't you exaggerating when you say 20 gold coins? It's double!"

"Take it or leave it."

While I have money, what I have to do to get it is annoying. I used to love making chains. But after repeating them so many times, it started to get a bit tedious. Ah, but that's not to say I hate the loots. They are so adorable. Who could hate them? It's just the repetitive process of only killing one annoying monster...

"... ... ... Well... Deal"

It's all for a better future with my two women. So, after making my resolution, I withdraw the 20 gold coins from my inventory and hand them over.

Nodding, old Gerald enters his back store and then returns with the magic item.

[Perception Inhibitor]

"Anything else?"

"Yes. This time, it will be the business you are used to. I want to buy 3 storage rings."

With a smile on his face, old Gerald moves his hand. And, with that, the top of the counter was filled with different rings. Each ring was different in appearance, color, and quality.

"I have rings with the following storage capacities. These here have the capacity to hold 10 different objects. The ones here have 20, 35, 50, and finally this one... It possesses a capacity of 100 objects."

The rows of rings are so neatly arranged that it is obvious to think that their prices vary not only depending on their storage capacity but also on their composition. Some are extremely eye-catching; there is one that looks like a wedding ring and another that has a gemstone on it.

I reach my hand out and pick up three rings that, visually, look very ordinary.

"I want these."

"Discreet, huh? Those with 50 capacity are worth 12 gold coins, but... Haa, I'll give you a friend’s discount. In total, it's 30 gold coins."

'6 gold coins as a discount, huh? Not bad. Doing all those quests for free generated windfall profits. Being friends with a Magic Refiner is something that many people wish to be, but very few get to be. I should feel lucky, shouldn't I? Then... why do I feel like I lost more than I gained?... It must be my imagination... Yes, I hope it is.'

Now, after all this spending, the money in my inventory is 20.6 gold coins and 6 copper. I can't help but think that my money sense is skewed. I fear that not even a nobleman would spend as much as this lowly me.

"Ah, right, before I go. Since when have you had those weapons there?"

All the weapons in the blacksmith's shop are rusted, but the rust is minimal. If you don't look closely, you might miss it.

"5 years, more or less. Why?" he said in a monotone, as if he no longer cared about people discovering his storage ring business.

"Haa... I'll do us both a favor."

Old Gerald: "????"

I walk over to the sword hanging on the wall and store it in my inventory. The next second, I remove a new sword from my inventory and leave it in the same place. Then I walk over to the next weapon and repeat the process.

I perform this cycle until all the weapons are successfully exchanged.

With what weapons did I change them?

I exchange them for those I obtained from the thief exterminations and the war loot I got from fighting in the Drial Cenit kingdom.

"It wasn't necessary. I won't pay you."

I smiled, waved my hand, and said, "See you another day, old Gerald."

"Goodbye"

'- It's fine to have a change of scenery now and then...'

When Emir came out of the smithy, old Gerald smiled.

'He's not so grumpy once you get to know him. He simply wants to talk to pretty women, and he scares everyone else with his shouting. But, in all these last minutes that I talked to him, he seemed a very calm man, one who could be reasoned with. He is very different from the cantankerous old man that I talked to yesterday.'

"I will come to visit him from time to time. Somehow, I feel that we are very much alike."

After walking to the exit of the city, I walk over to a nearby stable and talk to the man in charge.

"How much does a horse cost?"

'Phew… I've never seen anyone spend that much money in one day.'

In the end, the horse cost two gold coins. A price I'm more than willing to pay. Thanks to it, I ride out of the city without needing to activate the [Agility] profile, riding far enough away to cast magic.

"... Space Travel"

In front of us, an illusory door suddenly appears. At this event, the horse got a little scared, but by stroking its head, I managed to calm it down.

"Come on"

For the first time, I got off the horse and pulled it lightly by the reins. Very nervously, the animal followed me and walked through the illusory door. The next moment, the horse opens its eyes wide, unable to understand what is happening.

The change of environment must have scared it a lot.

"Yes, yes. Calm down." After stroking its head a little, it returned to its usual calm.

Again, I pulled it by the reins, and we walked to the Solitary temple.

 

43