The Flame Hunters
2.2k 7 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After carefully thinking I decided to join a mercenary guild to perform some missions and collect resources. Another important reason was I desperately needed to improve my combat experience.

Although system provided me extremely powerful cultivation manual, without actual battle experience it will be meaningless.

After spending whole my life without much physical work, my senses were worse compared to even normal people.

Also, mercenary guild were quite famous among loose cultivators who didn't want to join any big families or sect. Some cultivators had their own team while others just banded with some random cultivators to perform a mission.

There were many guilds in flame city with varying degree of strength and reliability. Some guilds just use loose cultivators as cannon fodder.

As my parents were influential figure's of the city in past, I was privy to information which weren't publicly shared.

Among those guilds, The Flame Hunter's, were one of the decent ones. It wasn't particularly too strong but it's reputation was quite good. So, I decided to visit that guild and try my luck.

 But soon I was reminded of another problem, it was my identity. Almost every person of city recognised me as famous cripple. So, if I went out with my meridians healed, it will cause quite a uproar. And even more important was I didn't wanted to startle my enemies.

I am able to at least keep my life as they feel threatened by me. But even if there's a little bit of probability of my rise, the won't hesitate to remove me from their way.

So, I asked system fairy" Hey is there something that I can use to hide my identity."

After thinking for while [Yes there are few array imbibed necklaces, bracelets. Which type do you want?]

"Show me some necklaces."

Then the usual screen appeared in front of me with few item listed. When I read the price of those items my mind went blank.

"This is fucking robbery. How can the least expensive item be of 1000 points. How can you expect me to level, when you charge such exorbitant price." I was infuriated.

[These are of premium quality. You can't even imagine what price these equipment will be outside the system. And look how cheaply grumbling you are]

[Just say if you don't have guts to buy these. I will show you some low quality stuffs.]

"Then make it fast. " I didn't care about her outburst.

Finally, when the content of screen changed, something on my range appeared.

It was pretty much at the bottom of list, a blunt, dull necklace which looked quite repulsive.

Still, it cost 100 points, more than half points I have earned.

[Your choice is quite similar to you, both ugly.]

I hurriedly wore the necklace and activated the array within the necklace.

.…....…….………………………..............

Standing Infront of a large mirror I was looking at (the new) me. I was satisfied with the result, it was lot better than I expected.

My face was of early twenty year old boy. My hair colour as well as my voice changed. Normal arrays found within the city were unable to do that.

When I changed my dress I was certain that nobody will be able to recognize me.

[At least make yourself handsome while changing your identity.] System fairy continued with her bickering.

                                                        

I was sitting inside quite a lively pub. It was the gathering place of 'The Flame Hunter's' guild. All the people present here were either loose cultivators or member of the guild. 

After having a drink, I went to the counter where a middle aged woman was  chatting with customers.

"Hello, may I ask how can I register as a mercenary." I asked the woman.

"You will need to fill the form, pay 1 silver coin" she replied in a polite voice and handed me a form.

As I was in disguise I filled the wrong details in the form. It wasn't a uncommon process as many people used wrong information while working as mercenary. As they might form hatred with someone it wasn't a wise choose to give your original details.

Yang min, it was the name I choosed, which I filled in the form. Along with 1 silver coin I handed the form to the woman in counter.

Finally after that, that woman gave me a mercenary card and a mercenary medal. A shield and two swords cross were engraved above that medal, and that medal was white in colour.

 It was the medal for F-ranked mercenary. Most newcomers were F-ranked,  after successfully completing certain number of missions, they could rise in rank.

 The medal of E-ranked mercenary was red in colour, D-ranked was green colour, C-ranked was yellow colour, B-ranked was purple colour, A-ranked was silver colour, S- rank was golden colour, and S-rank was also the highest level of mercenary.

"After completing a mission you will be charged 25 percent of your reward by guild. You can decide to form teams or complete mission solely. But I will suggest you to join some groups, as it will be more safer." While handing me badge she reminded me politely.

"Thank you for you advice."

It wasn't unexpected from her as my strength was still at 2 level of spirit realm, which according to system fairy was due to pill I took before.

 Considering that I started  cultivating few days ago, it was extremely fast but compared with people of my generation, it was extremely low.

In flame city, cultivation level was divided in spirit realm, origin realm, earth realm, profound realm, heaven realm. Each realm was divided in 10 levels. 

At present no people in Flame city had reached heaven realm. The strongest person was city lord, who was also my fiancee's father.

My parents who were at peak  profound realm, were expected to break into heaven realm before their untimely death.

Most of the people of my generation were at late spirit realm. Some of the geniuses have already broken through to origin realm.

So my strength was really pitiful compared to people of my generation. But with system behind my back I will certainly close the gap.

I took a solemn, determined vow.

 

 

25