New teammates
1.9k 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After that I arrived at Mission issuing place and saw huge board with various missions of different ranks written. Many other mercenaries were also searching the mission suitable for them. 

Some groups with insufficient members were openly recruiting but whenever I tried to apply, same answer awaited me,

"Are you joking? We are not going on a tour. Get lost from here."

Even the ones who have selected low rank mission rejected me. It certainly wasn't good to be weak. Most of the mercenaries were at late stage or peak of spirit realm.

While some team were headed by people at early origin realm. As many of those mercenaries were loose cultivators, due to lack of resources they weren't able to fulfill their potential.

As I was getting frustrated by constant rejecting, I heard interesting conversation going on behind me.

"Do you know Chu Wei has started recruiting members?"

"Huh, that maniac, who will join his team? It's better to stay out of that guy's sight."

As I was intrigued and had nothing better to do I joined their conversation.

"Hello, brother can you tell me why no one will join Chu Wei's team?" I asked politely.

"Are you new here" One of those asked.

"Yes, brother"

"Then heed my advice, it will be better if you stay clear of that guy's way. Otherwise you may even lose your life." 

"Yes, brother. I was just trying to know why you guys were so repulsed by him." 

While scouting his surroundings, one of them replied,"Listen carefully, that bastard have crippled a whole group of mercenaries last time around. He is even rumoured to be cannibal."

"That bastard have enmities with teams from almost every other guild."

"Yeah, that bastard looks too scary. I wonder what the guild master is thinking to allow him in this guild." Another said in small voice.

"I heard that bastard is illegitimate son of some big families who was banished after committing unforgivable sins." Another one added.

"But I heard he has chivalrous spirit and saved some merchants from death." Someone provided different view.

"Yeah, I also heard that some group of people were spreading towards toward him."

 They started arguing with each other.  I slipped as fast as I could from that group of people.

This guy 'Chu Wei' looks interesting, I should certainly visit him. 

 After leaving those group of people, I  asked around and quickly found 'Chu Wei' whom I was searching.

He was a scary looking guy with large muscular body. He seemed to be at early origin realm. It was quite high among other mercenaries. He was accompanied by other three people, two young girls and another man.

 They were quitely having their meal, unbothered number of gazes targeted toward them.

"Hello,I am Yang min" After reaching the table, I introduced myself.

Those four people looked at me but didn't give me any reply.

"I would like to join your team." Not bothered by them ignoring me, I politely asked again.

After glancing at me, Chu Wei answered, "You are too weak. Get lost."

"But nobody is willing to join your team. So why don't you take me in."

As if angered by my comment, all of them glared at me.

"That's none of your business." Chu Wei replied in cold voice.

"At least give me a chance. It's not as if there will be other people willing to join you. You can also pay me a  small part of my reward."

I wasn't willing to back down not because I was deseparate to join his team but he was the first to communicate with me for so long. Other's  answer were short and swift"Get lost."

As if amused by my answer, he replied" Suit yourself. If you lost your life then don't blame."

At that time one of the girl was occasionally glancing toward me, man was smiling toward me while another girl basically ignored me.

Even though all three of them were at similar to my age, two of them were at middle spirit realm while the cold girl was even better, late spirit realm.

They didn't seem to come from prominent family as all three of them were wearing quite cheap clothes, while two of them didn't even had space ring.

It was quite awkward for me as I seemed like a outsider deseparately trying to mingle with them.

  

21