Mission starts
1.7k 6 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After having their meal, Chu Wei with serious expressed started talking, "This time we are going to enter Lingyun mountain ranges. Our target is to secure the core of 5th grade beast, Snow python."

"It won't be much hard job but still try to be careful."

Similar to humans some beasts also had ability to cultivate. I have also heard about half beasts with half human and half beast's body. But there were not any half beasts in flame city.

Lingyun mountain range was famed for having huge quantity of medicinal herb, cultivation resources. Similarly it was also filled with countless dangers.

Strong beasts were not uncommon, but the most dangerous were the other cultivators. It was illegal to kill someone within city but outside the city it was jungle's rule. If you are not strong enough then you will die without a grave.

"This time it can be tricky because snow python is only found in deep parts of the forest. We might have to face countless other beasts too, so be careful whole time."Chu Wei was passing instructions to all of us.

While staring at me he said"You are too weak, so don't wander alone. If you encounter any danger you will be on your own."

"We will leave tomorrow morning, try to rest well today."

....................................................

Lingyun Mountain Range

We were carefully moving while trying to avoid making noise. We encountered some low level beasts occasionally and the responsibility of fighting them was mine.

As a person without any previous fighting experience it was extremely hard for me. My whole body was covered with blood and wounds but none of the members of team came forward to help me.

While disposing the dead body of those beasts, I didn't forget to devour the energy from corpses.

[Hey, dummy won't you lose your life within few hours, if this continues.] System fairy was in her usual mood. 

I also agreed with her, if this continues like this I will certainly lose my life. The only reason I was continuing this was because I felt my fighting sense improve and most importantly devouring the energy from beasts dead body. I could feel the ki within my dantian expanding rapidly, I might even have another breakthrough.

As I don't want other to know about my cultivation technique, I had to be quite secretive and careful.

....................................................

I have lost count about how many beast's I have fought and now I don't have slightest of energy left within my body.

While checking my condition, Chu Wei said "Now we can move on to our mission."

"Huh." I was surprised.

"You look surprised. Don't you know Snow python lurks in depth of cave. It's unwise to fight in its own back ward. 

 It is extremely sensitive toward smell of blood. So now you can be used as bait to lure it out and kill it with a simple sneak attack. " Chu Wei explained for me with a slight smile in his face.

Fro me it was devils smile. I was also wondering why he took me in his team so easily. Damn these heartless bastards.

"You don't have to worry, we will kill the beast after it kills you. We will avenge you so you can rest in peace after you die."

"What" I wanted to scream and run away but I had no energy left.

[You are finally being useful, dummy.] System fairy laughingly said.

Then, another man carried me in his back,"You don't have to worry brother, Brother Chu is just bluffing."

"Hey, don't ruin the fun so easily." Chu Wei was still laughing.

"Then you aren't going to use me as bait." I was relieved.

"We are. But we will save you before the beast kills you."He replied with a smile.

"You can call me Meng Wu."

He seemed like a talkative one but I wasn't in the mood to talk.

I was being piggybacked by Meng Wu, who was not breaking a sweat, even after moving in such speed while carrying me.

His physical strength was really great.

When we reached near the opening of a cave, Chu Wei signalled to stop.

He came toward me and solemnly said,"Just stay near the opening of cave, we will attack and kill the beast before it reaches you."

After saying his bit, I was left near the entrance without my consent.

I was truly afraid and my whole body was shaking. Even when I was assured of safety, my heart was crazily beating.

'Damn, my cultivation journey was just getting started and now I  can be killed within any minutes.' I lamented.

All four of my teammates were nowhere to be seen and even there smell were hidden.

After around 15 minutes, I could hear a faint smell coming from inside the cave.

"Hiss! Hiss!"

My already fast heartbeat was going crazy. A white coloured huge python was starting intently at me. 

It moved so fast toward me, I couldn't even react and my mind went blank. I closed my eyes and waited for death.

When I opened my eyes, I saw the corpse of the snake with two people standing at top of it. Chu Wei was smiling as he looked toward me.

'Bang' I was thrown to the ground. When I looked back I saw one of those girl, who was cleaning her hand as if carrying me dirtied her hand.

Another young girl came forward and handed me a healing pii,"How do you feel, big brother?"

"Ah! I am okay."

"Earlier you really did well big brother." She said with a smile.

"Thank you." Shamelessly I answered.

"Oh! How does it feel to be alive again?"Chu Wei, who have already taken the beast core out of python asked me.

"It feels great." I replied in angry tone.

"Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha"

Suddenly,I saw the quiet girl moving swiftly toward us with sword in her hand.

23