Fatal ambush
1.5k 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She slashed her sword with all her might.

'Bang'

An arrow which was headed toward my way was deflected.

Arrows were raining from sky and all members of team, except me, were deseparately fighting to save their life.

Whe the barrage of arrows stopped, suddenly a shadow appeared and slashed toward one of the girl.

"Aargh"

He underestimated her power and was cleanly cut in two. His lifeless body lying in ground motionlessly. There was not even a shred of emotion in her face. It seems it was not her first time killing a person.

"As expected those arrows can't hurt you." A thin man accompanied by group of  people came forward with a smile in his face.

He had amicable smile and he looked like a heir of some rich family. His clothes were quite expensive and even his weapon looked of high quality.

Chu Wei glared at him as he could't wait to shred him to pieces."Why are you here?"

"I just want to see my brother, can't I?" Thin man replied.

If I haven't witnessed those rain of arrows and assassination attempt earlier, I would have certainly believed it was a warm reunion between two brothers.

" What do you want?" Chu Wei's face was  dark.  Other members of team also prepared for upcoming battle.

"Your life." He replied with a smile. 

'How can he still smile. Is he insane' I was wondering in my head. Also I didn't forget to curse that bastard.

If a battle breaks out then I will be in most danger as I was the weakest and currently tired, injured too. But seeing the situation battle seems likely to occur.

Our side had five members while they have about 15 members. We are in complete disadvantage, also they are more stronger than us in terms of cultivation. 

Chu Wei signalled something with his hand, then he along with MENG Wu and both girls charged bravely toward the enemy. 

Both the girls weilded sword while MENG Wu was a long sword user. The all used their techniques and charged toward enemy.

Our enemies seemed to have came prepared as they also started using their techniques.

'Clang! Clang!'

Metallic sound rang across battlefield. Everyone was using their strongest techniques and it became chaotic.

As the battle started, I quickly slipped behind some trees. It seems I wasn't taken seriously so nobody paid much attention to me.

"Hey, how can I survive this battle?" I asked system fairy.

[How can you be so coward, even when you have system].

As she reminded me, I had support of system but I currently had very low points. 

"Then give me some healing pills, arrays which might come handy."

It was impossible to raise strength quickly but if used cleverly arrays might help me live longer.

[Ok, then all your points will be used up.] System fairy said while handing me a bottle of pill and some arrays.

I stuffed few pills immediately in my mouth, system fairy had handed me few variety of arrays which I unlocked and held in my hand. At present I was lacking in cultivation and attacking prowess so, these arrays were my last straw of hope.

The battle was balanced as no one from enemy side were in origin realm. Most of them were in late or peak spirit realm. So, Chu Wei was the strongest one in battlefield and he was currently besieged by enemies.

That thin man, who was Chu Wei's brother was currently watching the battle along with two people standing behind him. It seems they were his bodyguard and both of them were at peak spirit realm. They were quite relaxed even if they have lost few members. 

I felt that quite odd as even if they had numbers but they weren't particularly strong. How can they not bring any origin realm cultivators while trying to hunt one. It was also fishy how they found out our location as no one suspected anyone tracking us.

But I could only put that at back of my mind because if e don't survive the battle, it won't matter anything.

And if those three joined the battle, then it will quickly turn in their favour. Other three members of our team were also valiantly fighting, but they were on verge of being subdued.

When Chu Wei saw that he moved to help them and came near Meng Wu and other two. 

"You three try to run away, I will try to repel enemies."

Then suddenly something unexpected occured.

"Slash"

A sword pierced through Chu Wei's dantian, but it wasn't enemy's sword. Rather it was Meng Wu's sword.

Everyone was shocked even our enemies looked as if they had no idea. 

"Ha!ha!ha"

"How does it feel to be backstabbed, my dear brother?" Chu Wei brother laughingly asked.

Both the girls were completely confused, unable to believe what just happened.

Chu Wei, with unsightly expression looked toward Meng Wu, who moved toward Chu Wei's brother.

"Good job"

"Thanks master"

They were completely relaxed as they fatally injured the major enemy while other two girls, along with me were still struggling to comprehend just what had happened now.

23