Running for life
1.4k 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Hey dummy, if you don't want to be killed without corpse then act fast.]

"Huh"

With system fairy's word I was brought back to my senses. Looking at the arrays in my hand I took deep breath and threw all of them toward the battlefield with all my might.

 Our enemies were caught off guard as they were not expecting that from me, a low level cultivator.

"Run!" I yelled with all my energy.

Those two girls also realized the situation, then one of them carried Chu Wei in her back and started fleeing.

To be honest I don't care much about their life, those bastard even used me as a bait to hunt beast. But if I want to survive then Chu Wei has to survive, only he can repel the enemy.

"Hey system fairy, how much time will those arrays buy for us?"

[Uh,  majority of those arrays are illusory type and few are attack types. So, you have about 15 minutes.]

'Damn, we don't have much time. Also my clothes were covered with blood, so they might easily track us. AHH! my head is hurting.'

I was pained about the situation I was in. I can only hope Chu Wei can recover fast and protect us.

We searched for a deep cave, which we entered irrespective of whether there were any danger or not. It wasn't as if we had any choice.

I quickly disposed  my dress covered with blood and changed into another. Also I didn't forget to remove all our traces.

While entering the cave we also didn't forget to cover the cave from inside. 

Those two girls, hurriedly put Chu Wei in comfortable position, cleaned his wounds and stopped the bleeding. They also fed him all healing pills.

Both of them seem to be quite close with him. They were really worried about his safety but his condition worsen with each passing moment.

"Yan'er, Zhang'er, don't waste your effort. I don't think I will survive for much long." He said in a slow voice.

'Don't curse yourself to death, you bastard. If you die here who will save us.' I was screaming inside my head.

[It seems like you are destined to be killed today. Sigh, what shame for system holder.]

"Can't you shut up for a moment. If you worry so much why don't you tell me how to escape from this situation." I was annoyed with constant bickering of system fairy when my life was on line.

On other side, Chu Wei body became darker and his face was pale. He also coughed blood few times while trying to speak. It seems he was poisoned.

Those bastards really want to kill all of us. Even if they spared us wild beasts might not be so kind.

"Yang min" Chu Wei called my name.

"Yes." I went near him even though I was quite confused about why he called me.

"Thanks for saving our life. I treated you harshly before but forgive me for it. Cough! Cough!"

"I don't mind about that." Even though I minded, I can't say that to a dying person, can I?

Even though he looked quite cold and rude, he doesn't seem to be a bad person. Even if I wanted to save him, I had no ways because all my points were used up.

More importantly, Meng Wu pierced his dantian, so it was not sure whether he will be crippled or not. Right now even saving his life looked unlikely.

"I involved all three of you in my personal matters. Even when my younger brother forced me out of family, smeared my reputation. It seems it wasn't enough for him."

"When our mother died, I was the one who raised him but now he is after my life. Our relation seems so insignificant in front of wealth."

It seems he was more pained due to his brother's action more that the fact that he was on verge of death.

"Sigh even Meng Wu, betrayed me." He was also quite similar to me, betrayed by everyone around him.

"Yang min, Yan'er and Zhang'er doesn't have much experience about outside world. You look like a nice guy so, please take care of them. Of you hurt I will haunt you even after I become a ghost."

"Huh" I was caught off guard by the request.

"Don't worry brother Chu, we won't let you die, we will save you." One of the girls said.

"Ha! I know my body best. The poison is spreading fast so I won't live much. If you can forgive my foolish brother and live a satisfying life. I will bless you from heaven."

"Cough!Cough!" 

After a series of violent cough and vomiting blood Chu Wei, lost his life. Even though he treated me quite harshly, he doesn't seem to be a bad person. I was little bit pained by his death.

Both the girls, cried with tears flowing through eyes. Their expression were so unsightly. Even the cold one who didn't show much expression was crying as loudly as she could.

As a gentleman, I could only console them. As they were pained a lot by Chu Wei's death, they didn't reject my goodwill.

24