Deadly counterattack-2
1.3k 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The red haired lava wolves, who were angered not only due to attack on their resting place but also due to kidnap of their young pups, destroyed everything in their sight. 

As they were lured by us, they ultimately found the camp where our enemies were located.

Even though it was still early morning, most of the cultivators were already awake, so when they saw a pack of wolves rampaging towards their camp they readied themselves for counterattack.

'Howl!Howl!'

Wolves charged forward while howling rapidly. Their physical strength was top tier but their main advantage lie in their huge numbers.

On the other side the cultivators were few in number. But their cultivation level was high so the situation was still in those cultivators favour. Because of that neither Chu Wei's brother nor his bodyguard nor MENG Wu was participating in battle.

When one wolves was killed another took place and attacked those cultivators, who didn't get any time to spare time. If they lose focus for even a second, it will certainly result in their death.

While on other side, wolves looked as if they were not afraid of death. They bravely charged forward even when their own were being killed brutally. Righ now those wolves were blinded by anger but how will those cultivators know. They simply wondered why these crazy wolves were attacking them.

"It seems these wolves won't be able to hold longer. If this continues for longer, those wolves will certainly leave the battlefield." I said in a slow voice.

Even if those wolves were blinded by anger, after losing significant number of their own, they might retreat as every creature values their life. We can't let that happen.

"Then shall we attack now."  Both of those girls asked.

"It's not right time. But we can certainly aid those wolves." I replied with a smile.

As those wolves were fighting desperately, we just needed to divert those cultivators attention for a moment, then remaining work will be done by wolves.

"Su Yan ,Zhang Rou, can both of  you perform long range techniques."

Both of them were sword cultivators so I was unsure whether they can attack with any long range techniques or not.

"No" Their answer was short. Both of them had guilty face as I was helping them in their revenge but they were unable to fulfill the role which I asked them to perform.

"Then we might again have to use bows and arrows, do we have any arrows left" I asked them again. It was fortunate that we haven't thrown any of our bows or we might be in a trouble.

"We have few left." They showed some arrows which was inside their space ring.

As we have attacked the red haired lava wolves earlier, we attacked our enemy camp with fire embedded arrow. As the situation was already unfavorable, sudden appearance of fire made it even more chaotic.

"Fire!Fire"" Our tent caught fire"

"AHH!Ahh!"

Some arrows hit tent while some hit cultivators. With the sudden attack by arrows cultivators lost their focus and at that moment wolves brutally bit them to death. Some strong ones were able to save their life but weak ones had only one fate, death.

  .,.................................. ..........

Inside a large tent, a young man was sitting majestically. There were three other people, two were his bodyguards and other was Meng Wu. His status rised rapidly after his betrayal to Chu Wei.

Even though huge battle was going outside, there was relaxed environment. It seemed they were confident that wolves won't harm them much.

Suddenly someone entered the room"Y-Young master, we are being attacked."

"Can't you even handle few wolves, huh?" Chu Wei's brother lazily asked.

"No-no, young master, we being attacked by other enemies too. Our tents have caught fire and some are hurt by arrows."

"Who dares." He yelled. He was in bad mood after he didn't found Chu Wei's body now someone dared to attack him. But it didn't cross his mind that it might be same people who escaped from his group.

"Don't worry young master we will handle the situation." His two bodyguards spoke.

"I will also see how battle is going on. Let those bastards trembl in fear when they see me. Ha! Ha !ha!."

Even though both bodyguards felt their youngaster was acting stupidly, they didn't stop him. They were already accustomed to such behaviour.

..............................................

With little bit of our help, wolves were gaining momentum, they attacked and bite cultivators to death, who were attacked with arrow or diverted their attention due to fire in their camp.

More than half cultivators lost their life while others also had their body covered with blood and wound. Situation was starting to look grim for them.

At that time few people entered the battle. They were Chu Wei's brother, his two bodyguards who were at peak spirit realm. Also Meng Wu was also with them. All of them had grim appearance as the situation was worse than they expected. Many of their allies have lost lives while those wolves seem to have momentum, also they have to guard from their hidden enemies who were attacking them periodically while hiding.

After their appearance I signalled both the girls to stop their attack, we were now at crucial period and if we make any mistake then all our hard work will be for naught. 

Wolves, after tasting their enemies blood attacked with newfound vigour and energy.

All four of those, who entered the battlefield used their strongest techniques to kill as many wolves as they could reversing the momentum. But as they were heavily outnumbered it will be a tough task for them to kill all those wolves.

We, three were waiting for both of those two parties to extinguish themselves and reap the benefits later on.

24