A shocking revelation
1.4k 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After both Chu Cheng and his bodyguards were controlled by me, Su Yan and Zhang Rou expressed their desire to visit Chu Wei's grave.

"We will pay respect to brother Chu, won't you go with us?"

"I have to dispose all these body also I have something to talk with these two. So I won't accompany you guys. Make sure to be careful. Return before it is too late." I replied to girls and the left toward the place where Chu Wei's tomb was located.

After those girls left, I called Chu Cheng and his bodyguard. There was lot of things I was confused about so, I wanted to clarify those.

"How did you won MENG Wu over to your side?" Without wasting time I directly asked the main question. As far I have seen Chu Cheng doesn't seem to be the one who can plan forward, heck how he even got idea to ambush was confusing.

"Huh, what do you mean. I met him sometime back and I promised him lofty position in my association. He agreed to betray Chu Wei." He answered with certainty. He talked as if it was the easiest thing to do.

"Does your father have any idea about your grand plan?"

"He is already in his death bed, lying in his bed all day long, how would he know about this." Even when his father was dying he seemed rather happier than sad.

The major striking thing was, when my parents were around they have often praised about intelligence and kindness of Magical merchant association's president.He was quite a reputed man and even if his strength was low as he was primarily a merchant, he was still one of the most respected man of the city. So, how did such person miss the infighting within family, even more how did he have such a son.

Also another thing I noticed was the change in expression of his bodyguard when he nonchalantly spoke about his father. It seems he knows something more than this idiot.

"You go out and collect all the corpses in one place." I ordered Chu Cheng.

"O-okay" He didn't seem much happy with my order but still complied. While moving out he signalled his bodyguard to follow him.

"Let your bodyguard stay here."

"What" He angrily looked toward me but when he saw my fierce glare he hurriedly left the room.

Even after being enslaved he still hasn't completely adapted as he was young master of one of the richest association of the city. When had he been ordered around in past. But I also have to remind him that his life was now in my hand.

The reason why I sent him outside was because I wanted to chat with his bodyguard as he seems more knowledgeable and clever than Chu Cheng.

"What's your name?"

"I don't have any." Neither polite nor rude voice answered me. Even after suffering all the loses he doesn't seem to respect me. It wasn't unexpected as many of his allies were killed due to me.

"Huh" I rolled my eyes in displeased manner.

"I am member of shadow group, we don't have any identify, we only serve president."

Shadow group, it was quite a famed group. Majority of members were young orphans, rescued and raised by Magical merchant association. It was the blade which protected their riches, wealth.

"Then don't your president know about what's happening?"

"How can he not know. But even if he knows he can't do anything." 

"Didn't the president control every decision of your association, how can he be powerless." I became more interested as I heard his story.

"He is bedridden now, so most of the association is now headed by vice president, who is president's brother. He is a greedy man who corrupted our young master's mind."

"Huh" I was surprised by his revalation.

"Our president is already at old age so he can't perform day to day activities. By using this opportunity vice president has been trying to make his son succeed as new president. He was responsible for banishment of young master Wei also he planted all those ideas in young master Cheng's mind and pit those two brother together."

His revaluation was getting crazier the more he spoke.

"What do you mean by your vice president was responsible for Brother Chu's exile?" I was getting confused as I heard his story.

"Young master Chu was chosen to succeed the president and he was also well liked by everyone but suddenly rumor of him raping and killing his own cousin surfaced. Her dead body was also found in his manor. As he was his own son president didn't kill him but banished him.  President was extremely disturbed by that so he ignored his daily job and even his health keep on getting worse."

"Didn't brother Chu tried to prove himself innocent?" 

"That was the most surprising. He left without saying anything. Some guards say he was intoxicated and looked as if he was being controlled by someone. After that those two brothers relationship also worsen. Young master Cheng also seemed fixed on being the president. So he tried to remove to young master Wei by any means. Vice president also used young master Cheng to get rid of young master Wei?"

"If your president is already old and near to death then why is vice president being impatient?" I interrupted him as I wanted to ask him something.

"Even though president is ignoring his task but he still has huge say within the association. Also shadow group is completely loyal to him so if he chooses young master Cheng then he will certainly be the new president."

"Do you think brother Chu Wei was guilty?"

"I don't think so. Not only me but still many within the association believe he was innocent. He was kind to everyone and was well liked. Even president was preparing to call him back."

I thought what he said for a moment then asked, "Do you think Chu Cheng have the ability to gather such force, plan an ambush even make Meng Wu betray Chu Wei?"

I was really doubting that because, Chu Cheng seemed like typical child of big families who knew nothing better than using their family name.

"I don't think so. At past he was always shielded by President and young master Wei. So he doesn't have any skill. If it wasn't for vice President then he can't even gather few people."

"You mean to say vice president is behind all this."

"Yes, after president has been bed ridden his ambition has been laid bare for everyone to see. It is rumoured he was behind young master Wei's tragedy. Also it seems Meng Wu was approached by vice president, young master Cheng isn't meticulous enough to negotiate or manipulate someone. If it wasn't for president's prestige then he might have openly killed all of president's family."

The reason why I spared Cu Cheng's life was because I wanted to make use of him for my plans. But it seems he is just a powerless puppet. Even Chu Wei seem to have been played. 

Chu Wei's tragedy, Magical merchant association's succession, it seems I have to research this matter well before taking any action. Also I decided to not share all this new information with girls because I wasn't completely sure all he said true also I don't know what they might do if they hear about Chu Wei's past.

25